Sonos 7.0 Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos 7.0 Errors

After upgrading my Sonos system to version 7.0 I get errors on the playbar from the Sonos Plugin. I get the errors at random times throughout the day and night for no apparent reason. Is anyone else having problems? I am running plugin beta version 3.1.0.16. See screen shot below.

Bob
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
    After upgrading my Sonos system to version 7.0 I get errors on the playbar from the Sonos Plugin. I get the errors at random times throughout the day and night for no apparent reason. Is anyone else having problems? I am running plugin beta version 3.1.0.16. See screen shot below.

Bob
    The PI itself seems to be starting/stopping and the error (as far as I can tell, not a whole lot in the screengrab) itself, seems to be a benign start-up issue.

Do you have HS3 running in "developer mode"? If a PI doesn't respond w/i x seconds HS will kill it and restart it, that's how the log looks. If you put it in developer mode that time is much longer (I think 90s). If this is what's happening, why is the PI busy, or is the PC struggling with resources and therefore slow? There is usually only one task that is heavy which is establishing a music DB. What are your settings (nightly, immediate....)? Is the HS PC busy or struggling with resources? Network issues?

A new version is being posted that has some fixes, some being the benign errors being removed but nothing that would fix your issue, as far as I can tell from the limited log/screen grab.

Hope that helps.

Dirk
    just FYI, I'm also running v7.0, didn't see any issue so far

Comment

I haven't seen errors since updating to 7.0, but TTS fails to work about 25% of the time. It will sometimes skip an announcement altogether and at others it will not peak to some clients. We had a stereo pair of S6 speakers in the living room and the announcements seem to favor only one of the speakers. I broke up the pair and removed one and it has been working since. My Connect:Amps and Play1s seem to be the most reliable.

I am quite happy with Sonos, but after building out my house With Play speakers, I have decided to go with Connect:Amps in three of the rooms. It may take a few weeks to make the change, then I will start digging into the problems.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        I haven't seen errors since updating to 7.0, but TTS fails to work about 25% of the time. It will sometimes skip an announcement altogether and at others it will not peak to some clients. We had a stereo pair of S6 speakers in the living room and the announcements seem to favor only one of the speakers. I broke up the pair and removed one and it has been working since. My Connect:Amps and Play1s seem to be the most reliable.

I am quite happy with Sonos, but after building out my house With Play speakers, I have decided to go with Connect:Amps in three of the rooms. It may take a few weeks to make the change, then I will start digging into the problems.
        Randy which version are you using? If not already the beta I posted somewhere a week or two ago, wait until v3.1.0.18 shows up in the updater. I don't know it will solve your problems BUT any version prior to .18 has no concept of an S6 player nor an S12, which showed up out of the blue and I have no idea why Sonos named them differently internally (I suspect they have different HW, perhaps can do more or will be able to do more in the future).

Dirk

Comment

The PI itself seems to be starting/stopping and the error (as far as I can tell, not a whole lot in the screengrab) itself, seems to be a benign start-up issue.
          I posted the wrong screenshot above. I have put the screen from the log that has nothing to do with the PI restart. BTW the restart posted above is because I was attempting to delete the S9 (playbar) from the device list in the Sonos PI. It will not delete and restarts the PI. The screenshot below is the random errors that I get. I am not in development mode.

Bob
          Attached Files

Comment

I posted the wrong screenshot above. I have put the screen from the log that has nothing to do with the PI restart. BTW the restart posted above is because I was attempting to delete the S9 (playbar) from the device list in the Sonos PI. It will not delete and restarts the PI. The screenshot below is the random errors that I get. I am not in development mode.

Bob
            OK that makes more sense because the PI will restart itself.

There seems to be an issue with player 192.168.1.9. Maybe boot it. Is that the playbar itself or is the S9 paired with other players? These kind of errors almost always point to some network instability, or firewall issues, I have seen it after updates; a boot usually fixes the network issues. If you have players wireless and some wired, pay attention to that little "activity" led on the back. If it flashes like crazy you may have a network loop, which still has the player play but they will come and go from the network.

Hope that helps and grab that new version (.18) once it posts (I emailed HS this morning), because it has a bunch of code for playbars; mostly around benign errors, not necessarily what I see in your trace, which seems to indicate issues to communicate with the player itself (if it persist, disable firewall, see if it goes away).

Dirk

Comment

If you have players wireless and some wired, pay attention to that little "activity" led on the back
              Thanks Dirk,

I will reboot the S9 (Playbar) tonight when I get home. I do have wired units and wireless units. The Playbar and the S5 are wired, all of the S1 units are wireless. I do have two S1's as left and right surround sound units on the S9. I did not have any issues until I did the Sonos update. I wish I could go back to the previous version as I do not use any of the new functionality.

Bob
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Dirk,

I will reboot the S9 (Playbar) tonight when I get home. I do have wired units and wireless units. The Playbar and the S5 are wired, all of the S1 units are wireless. I do have two S1's as left and right surround sound units on the S9. I did not have any issues until I did the Sonos update. I wish I could go back to the previous version as I do not use any of the new functionality.

Bob
                I wouldn't be too worried about going back. So far, I've never ran into an issue with new SW where all went to hell. As I wrote, I did have had to physically boot a player after an update, maybe once.

Suggest if there are still issues, don't go deleting players or try to roll-back, just turn the PI debug flag on, restart HS, take full log and email or post. Do keep an eye on that firewall, if the HSPI-Sonos.exe program did not get the right permissions, sooner or later it rears its ugly head and more than one user of this PI has been bitten by it, fooled that it all worked for a while and then it stopped or they never noticed the issue they had all along. Not saying that's the case here but the percentage of instabilities between PI and player(s) has been high attributed to firewall settings, VM settings ...

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                  Randy which version are you using? If not already the beta I posted somewhere a week or two ago, wait until v3.1.0.18 shows up in the updater. I don't know it will solve your problems BUT any version prior to .18 has no concept of an S6 player nor an S12, which showed up out of the blue and I have no idea why Sonos named them differently internally (I suspect they have different HW, perhaps can do more or will be able to do more in the future).

Dirk
                  I'm running 3.1.0.17, the beta you posted. As you probably know now the S6 is the second generation Play 5 and the S12 is the new version of the Play 1. The play 1 had a complete hardware change, but is still the same cabinet and speakers. The Play 5 Gen 2 also has a new hardware design, but also completely redesigned cabinet and speakers.

I'm not sure the new hardware will add capabilities, I think it was more a completely new WiFi architecture. They announced a new convergence with Spotify, which is what the 7.0 software release was for. 7.0 also improves the imaging from the soundbar and adds it to the Trueplay support. They also indicated that Amazon Echo integration was finally in the works and is planned oor Q1 next year.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

If you have players wireless and some wired, pay attention to that little "activity" led on the back. If it flashes like crazy you may have a network loop, which still has the player play but they will come and go from the network.
                    Dirk,

I removed the Ethernet cable from the S9 Playbar and it is WiFi. I now only have the S5 wired to the switch and all of the errors seem to have cleared. I have let it run for two days and nights with no errors. I do still get the startup errors but I am waiting on the .18 beta to fix that. Thanks for the help.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X