TTS - no resume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTS - no resume

After reading many of this forum's posts, I decided to abandon AirPlay and switch to Sonos. I purchased a Playbar and some Play:1s.

I have to say that the SONOS with this great PI is a great addition to our HS home.

I created a linkgroup named "All" with the Playbar as the source. When a TTS announcement is made, the Play:1s, along with the Playbar, pause and announce but only the Playbar resumes. The Play:1s don't resume playing music.

Any suggestions?

Michael
    Michael

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
    After reading many of this forum's posts, I decided to abandon AirPlay and switch to Sonos. I purchased a Playbar and some Play:1s.

I have to say that the SONOS with this great PI is a great addition to our HS home.

I created a linkgroup named "All" with the Playbar as the source. When a TTS announcement is made, the Play:1s, along with the Playbar, pause and announce but only the Playbar resumes. The Play:1s don't resume playing music.

Any suggestions?

Michael
    Which version of the PI are you using? Only the version 3.1.x.x supports the playbar. This version is in the beta section of the updated.
    Dirk

Comment

PI version is 3.1.0.18

Win 7 and HS3 pro

Michael
      Michael

Comment

Any suggestions?

Michael
        Could post a screenshot of the event and the linkgroup table?
        Are the play1s paired as a 5:1 configuration with the playbar or are they paired as a stereo configuration and grouped to the playbar?

I might need a trace with the debug flag of the PI turned on. You can turn the debug flag on, turn the log to disk flag on (which will overwrite any existing log file and start afresh), do the event, turn the log to disk flag off (which will close the log file) and post the debug file which can be found in the <hs root>\html\sonos\debug subdirectory.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

The Play:1s are set as seperate, individual speakers in our various rooms. No linking or pairing.

Attached are the event and linkgroup screen shots.

Michael
          Attached Files
          Michael

Comment

The event
            Attached Files
            Michael

Comment

Dirk,

The Play:1s are set as seperate, individual speakers in our various rooms. No linking or pairing.

Attached are the event and linkgroup screen shots.

Michael
              I see, so they were all playing something different on their own, right?
              So what kind of content were the S1's playing? From a local NAS, premium channels like xm or Pandora or ??
              If you say, "they didn't resume", does that mean they are now in stopped state or they didn't pick up from where they left off? Reason I ask is that some content like Pandora cannot be resumed exactly where it left off, it typically start with the next song.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

I had a Play:1 playing a radio song from the SONOS app. The Playbar was playing the tv content.

I fired the event and both speakers stopped, played the wav file and then the Playbar resumed delivering tv content but the Play:1 did not resume playing the radio station.

Michael
                Michael

Comment

Dirk,

I had a Play:1 playing a radio song from the SONOS app. The Playbar was playing the tv content.

I fired the event and both speakers stopped, played the wav file and then the Playbar resumed delivering tv content but the Play:1 did not resume playing the radio station.

Michael
                  Can you take a trace?
                  Go to the PI config page, turn ONLY the debug flag on, turn the log to disk flag on, activate the event when all players are playing some content, once the event is over, un-click the log to disk flag, go to the <hs root>\html\Sonos\logs directory and post the SonosDebug.txt file here.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                  X