Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speech Volume

Hi Philippe,

I have events that decrease speech volume at night and increase them again in the morning. However, on occasion, speech at night is still at the louder volume. When I look the Squeezebox speech devices, they always show the correct values for the time of day, so it seems like somehow speech announcements don't always respect those values. When the speech volume values are changed, does it control anything on the Squeezebox players themselves at the time, or is it just used by the plugin itself to set the device volume before the speech is played? Can you provide some details as to how it is used to aid me in troubleshooting this?

Thanks
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

When the speech value on the HS3 device is changed (via action for example of device management page), it does have effect of the LMS player or other. The value is only used (by getting the value from the device) when TTS is spoken to temporarely change the LMS player volume.

Some ideas to troubleshoot: 1. if you use an action for the TTS, could you adding a log entry with the current player volume and the speech volume, and/or 2. If you use a plugin to track device value changes (Joon’s or the device history plugin) track when the speech volume change (to see if something is resetting the speech volume value to another unexpected value), and/or 3. enable Speech poxy Debugging (possibly Debug as well). If the Speech Proxy Debugging is enabled, it will add an entry to the log file when TTS for the player is enabled with the volume value (which should be the value on the device) it is sending to the player. Debug mode would add log entries for the notifications (such as volume change) from the player as a confirmation.

Comment

Thanks Philippe, will try to capture something next time it happens. It seems to be relatively random so may be hard to capture.

Cheers
      Al

Comment

Hi Philippe, I'm still having this issue (once every few weeks), but it's been hard to grab a debug log for it. Is it possible to turn debug on and off within an event or script? That way I can update the events that I'm having issues with, to start and stop debugging then, rather than having debugging run continuously for weeks at a time.

Thanks
        Al

Comment

I don’t think you can enable/disable debug mode from a script (certainly not events at this point). When I get a chance (later this week) I look at the code if some API could be called from a script.

Comment

Hi Philippe, it happened again last night and I was able to capture a debug of it. Here's the first part of it showing that the volume is supposed to be set to 40, but it was actually set to 100 (the volume device for the player is 1477). These are just the first few entries for that specific player, let me know if you need more. The oldest entries are at the bottom.

Thanks
            Al

Jan-14 11:04:33 PM SqueezeBox (Player_0004202b02ad) Debug Master Bedroom 1 - SpeakerClientSpeakAddURL. URL: http://192.168.1.100/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_4.wav Play index: 1
            Jan-14 11:04:33 PM SqueezeBox (Player_0004202b02ad) Debug Master Bedroom 1 - LMS Power: True
            Jan-14 11:04:33 PM SqueezeBox (Player_0004202b02ad) Debug Master Bedroom 1 - GetPlayerActionCommandsUponConnect (ID: 00:04:20:2b:02:ad): 00:04:20:2b:02:ad status - 1 subscribe%3A120 tags%3AgpaslediqtymkorfjJncRTIuwxNKLACDU 00:04:20:2b:02:ad playlist url ? 00:04:20:2b:02:ad mixer muting ? 00:04:20:2b:02:ad alarms 0 5 filter%3Aall
            Jan-14 11:04:33 PM SqueezeBox (Player_0004202b02ad) Debug Update devices for Master Bedroom 1
            Jan-14 11:04:33 PM SqueezeBox (Player_0004202b02ad) Debug Entered SetDeviceString(). Setting Device Ref: 1473, String: Master Bedroom 1
            Jan-14 11:04:33 PM SqueezeBox (Player_0004202b02ad) Debug Entered SetDeviceValue(). Setting Device Ref: 1474, Value: 2
            Jan-14 11:04:33 PM SqueezeBox (Player_0004202b02ad) Debug Entered SetDeviceValue(). Setting Device Ref: 1475, Value: 2
            Jan-14 11:04:33 PM SqueezeBox (Player_0004202b02ad) Debug Entered SetDeviceString(). Setting Device Ref: 1476, String:
            Jan-14 11:04:33 PM SqueezeBox (Player_0004202b02ad) Debug Entered SetDeviceValue(). Setting Device Ref: 1477, Value: 100
            Jan-14 11:04:33 PM SqueezeBox (Player_0004202b02ad) Debug Entered SetDeviceValue(). Setting Device Ref: 1478, Value: 0
            Jan-14 11:04:33 PM SqueezeBox (Player_0004202b02ad) Debug Entered SetDeviceValue(). Setting Device Ref: 2682, Value: 0
            Jan-14 11:04:33 PM SqueezeBox (Player_0004202b02ad) Debug Master Bedroom 1 - SpeakerClientEnable. speakVolume: 40

Comment

Does your player get disconnected / turned off and then enabled/powered on when it needs to speak something? I am curous what happened before the first (bottom line). The GetPlayerActionCommandsUponConnect most likely meant that the player was disconnected and reconnected while the TTS sequence was in progress. Note that the last line enabling the TTS mentions that the volume for it found (from device 1477) was 40. Later the device 1477 TTS volume was set to 100. WIll need to study it more...

Comment

Hi Philippe, I sent you the complete debug file. For the prior announcement, the player may have been off. However, it was very loud as well, so I then turned on debug, and then triggered the event that caused the speech to occur.

Thanks
                Al

Comment

I posted an updated Beta version 3.2.0.4. it includes a change that should help in your case as well as scripting property APIs to enable/disable the different debugging flags (see documentation). From the logs and because player was not on, it did not correctly send the expected TTS volume (it is a timing thing). Can you try with this version?

Comment

Thanks Philippe! I have it installed and will let you know.

So would the calls be:

Code:
                    hs.PluginFunction("SqueezeBox", "", "Config_LogDebug", True)
                    to turn it on and

Code:
                    hs.PluginFunction("SqueezeBox", "", "Config_LogDebug", False)
                    to turn it back off?

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      Thanks Philippe! I have it installed and will let you know.

So would the calls be:

Code:
                      hs.PluginFunction("SqueezeBox", "", "Config_LogDebug", True)
                      to turn it on and

Code:
                      hs.PluginFunction("SqueezeBox", "", "Config_LogDebug", False)
                      to turn it back off?
                      These are properties, therefore they should be called using hs.PluginPropertySet and hs.PluginPropertyGet(). Below is an immediate script command example:

Code:
                      &hs.PluginPropertySet("SqueezeBox", "", "Config_LogDebug", True)

Comment

Great, thanks!

Comment

Hi Philippe, seeing these messages occasionally since updating. Any idea what's causing them?
                          SqueezeBox Error An unexpected error occured in the ActionFormatUI function/subroutine: [System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_SqueezeBox.HSPI.DecodeLibEntryKey(String encoded_key) at HSPI_SqueezeBox.HSPI.ActionFormatUI(strTrigActInfo ActInfo)]

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                            Hi Philippe, seeing these messages occasionally since updating. Any idea what's causing them?
                            SqueezeBox Error An unexpected error occured in the ActionFormatUI function/subroutine: [System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_SqueezeBox.HSPI.DecodeLibEntryKey(String encoded_key) at HSPI_SqueezeBox.HSPI.ActionFormatUI(strTrigActInfo ActInfo)]
                            I don't see how this can be related to the update as this section has not changed. It looks like it is occurring when rendering an event action ; it is decoding the deserialized information passed from HS3 looking for the selected media (in the action) to play.

Do you always get it when editing an action or at other times? Is it a new action or an existing one? Can you provide me with details (screenshot) of the action in question?

Comment

I didn't recall doing anything related to the plugin when these occurred, but now that I'm thinking about it more, I did have a couple of broken events due to a SB player that I removed from my system. I was fixing those events this morning and noticed the log entries a few hours later. The triggers for those events were for volume changes and status changes for that player. There were 4 broken events, but I see only 3 of those error messages and the time stamp for the 3rd one is about 40 minutes after the first two, even though I fixed them all around the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X