Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I confirm if I can use this plugin to do the following with Spotify?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I confirm if I can use this plugin to do the following with Spotify?

I have the Spotify desktop client installed on my homeseer server. I operate it through autoit today. Homeseer calls an autoit script to load a URI and play it. This works for loading and playing playlists but I have to program each playlist into homeseer with its URI.

After reading some of the posts here it seems like I can install the Squeezebox server software, and a software player, and control the Spotify desktop app through this process and also get now playing information, possibly able to read available playlists, etc. back to homeseer? Is this correct? Thanks.

I use SB to play Spotify playlists. It works transparently. I don't think you can define a Spotify playlist using SB (though I may be mistaken), but you can easily play preexisting ones. I have SB server and Spotify running on a separate box from HS, but that shouldn't make a difference.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Awesome. Thank you Uncle Michael. So I don't even need a player in this setup as the player is actually the Spotify app? Creating playlists is not needed, just playing existing playlists. Also, does it pass song information from Spotify to Squeezebox and then onto Homeseer?

Comment

You will need a Squeezebox player (hardware or software including for example iPeng on IOS). This is no HS3 plugin specific but rather par of the LMS / Squeezebox setup. To integrate Squeezebox with Spotify, install the Spotty plugin; with this plugin you can also use the Spotify app and transfer to Squeezebox players as devices Spotify will see.

Once you have the Squeezebox server + player + spotify plugin setup, the HS3 squeezebox plugin let's you integrate HS3. It will display player status / information on different devices as well as control the player from HS3. HS3 actions let you play songs or playlists including the ones from Spotify, streaming radio, local music, etc

Comment

This is awesome - I got it all working in about 10 minutes. Next question - can I get to the now playing information information in Homeseer? For example the artist name, song name, coverart image, etc? I want to display it on my touch panels. I don't see any devices that contain this information? Thanks.

Comment

Go the plugin Status page (PLUG-INS > SqueezeBox > Status) and for the player for which you want devices created. Check the checkbox in the “HS3 Dev.” Column. Once checked it will create HS3 devices. See screenshot and other details in the PDF doc accessible via the HS3 menu “TOOLS > Help”.

Comment

Got it thanks.

Comment

I have a followup question to this... I have a the plugin setup and it works great. I have Spotty to be able to play my Spotify premium playlist. The problem is that Spotty only seems to view 198 tracks from the 1,000 tracks on the playlist. Is this a known limitation?
                ---------------------------------------------------
                Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post
                  I have a followup question to this... I have a the plugin setup and it works great. I have Spotty to be able to play my Spotify premium playlist. The problem is that Spotty only seems to view 198 tracks from the 1,000 tracks on the playlist. Is this a known limitation?
                  I am not aware of such a limitation. Is this in HSTouch or retrieved via a script (using media APIs)? Just to clarify the count of songs in a playlist group in ‘Your Library’ when viewed from the Spotify app?

Comment

I have found the source of the problem after more research. So the problem is with the plugin called "Spotty"

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...our-Squeezebox

By default when you link this SqueezeBox plugin to your Spotify account it will only pull in a maximum of 200 songs from a playlist (less for some reason the plugin author states in some cases... example I would only get 198 songs). But if you then go to the developer page on Spotify and register to create a new app and get a Spotify Client ID and populate it in the Spotty plugin... I also had to go to performance in the LMS settings and increase the setting from 500 to 1,200 songs... and now it works 100%... the problem was NOT your HomeSeer plugin but a combination of settings in Spotty and LMS... I hope this helps others... it was not easy to track down all the needed information... it is NOT documented well at all.
                    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                    jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post
                      I have found the source of the problem after more research. So the problem is with the plugin called "Spotty"

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...our-Squeezebox

By default when you link this SqueezeBox plugin to your Spotify account it will only pull in a maximum of 200 songs from a playlist (less for some reason the plugin author states in some cases... example I would only get 198 songs). But if you then go to the developer page on Spotify and register to create a new app and get a Spotify Client ID and populate it in the Spotty plugin... I also had to go to performance in the LMS settings and increase the setting from 500 to 1,200 songs... and now it works 100%... the problem was NOT your HomeSeer plugin but a combination of settings in Spotty and LMS... I hope this helps others... it was not easy to track down all the needed information... it is NOT documented well at all.
                      Thank you for sharing! I had been using a Spotify Client ID since way back (even before the Spotty plugin).

Comment

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I've just started messing around with Squeezebox/Spotty in Homeseer. I've got things working and I've started adding control buttons and current track info into a new screen on HSTouch. It looks like you guys are saying that I can use HSTouch to start playing playlists... can anyone give me a little insight into how you're doing this? Can I see a list of all of my Spotify playlists in HSTouch?

Comment

Working...
                        X