Squeezebox Player Synchronization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeezebox Player Synchronization

I recently installed the squeezebox plugin and I am trying to setup some virtual devices and scripting to play specific playlists on specific players in Spotty. I would like to be able to synchronize and load specific playlists via scripting.

I first tried to play a specific Spotify playlist on a specific player in a HS event. There was no library listing for the Spotty plugin when I tried to select a playlist. I then saved a few Spotify playlists as favorites and they appeared in the favorites library. I was then able to select a specific playlist to play with the Spotty plugin. I enabled the squeezebox plugin status devices but the current playlist device is not populated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	playlist.PNG
Views:	229
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1323478

Name:	living_room_playlist.PNG
Views:	231
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1323479

Is something not configured correctly?

I tried to retrieve the playlist via CLI and it returned empty. I inquired in the slimdevices spotty forum and Spotty plugin author Michael Herger replied that it was not possible to read the current Spotify playlist.

Comment

Did you use events, scripts or the player page as a starting point to ensure all is configured? For example when you select the menu PLUG-IN > SqueezeBox > Player and then select Spotty in the media library on the left, do you get any entries similar to the attached screenshot?

Name:	6CDB1F6F-D1EF-4C57-A6A5-C811EFC19BD1.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1323575

Comment

And once above is working, either HS3 events could be used to select Spotty playlist entries or if you really want to write scripts the HS3 Media APIs might be way to move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by pmendiuk View Post
          I tried to retrieve the playlist via CLI and it returned empty. I inquired in the slimdevices spotty forum and Spotty plugin author Michael Herger replied that it was not possible to read the current Spotify playlist.
          The HS3 SqueezeBox lets you navigate the Spotty media library. In my above screenshot, when I click Playlist i get the entries in my Spotify library. You need the Spotty plugin installed in LMS (and have an account setup).

Comment

Working...
          X