No announcement yet.

Newbie needs help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gave up and rebooted! . Logitech media server control panel still moans about access not as administrator - but HS log now seems clear of error.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocster View Post
      Today my log has suddenly started showing
      Jun-22 16:17:21 SqueezeBox Warning Synchronous Communication error upon connect: Connection refused.
      Nothing has changed afaik . The squeezebox server app was run "as administrator"

The logitech media control panel on the status page says " You don't have privileges to install start/stop etc.etc. " but it was definitely ran as admin....
      I saw your subsequent post that it is working now. Maybe you had a network or firewall that restricted the network communication

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post

I saw your subsequent post that it is working now. Maybe you had a network or firewall that restricted the network communication
        Not sure at all .
        I had a bit of progress on getting the repo to appear on the plugin list . I tick enable , then apply - it says server needs to restart . I let it - but when I go back to the plugin page it’s Hs plugin is listed at the bottom again not enabled ( its not in the active list )

Cheers

Comment

How did you get it to work. Check the link on my HS server /squeezebox/repo.xml turns up a 404 page not found error. Looking on the HS server itself, the repo.xml file is not in the html/squeezebox subdirectory. Seems to be missing?

Looking at the plugin install files in the updater3 folder, there isn't a repo.xml file included??? Maybe forgot to package it (v 3.2.0.8)

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
            How did you get it to work. Check the link on my HS server /squeezebox/repo.xml turns up a 404 page not found error. Looking on the HS server itself, the repo.xml file is not in the html/squeezebox subdirectory. Seems to be missing?

Looking at the plugin install files in the updater3 folder, there isn't a repo.xml file included??? Maybe forgot to package it (v 3.2.0.8)
            I didn’t ! That was the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Pocster View Post

I had a bit of progress on getting the repo to appear on the plugin list . I tick enable , then apply - it says server needs to restart . I let it - but when I go back to the plugin page it’s Hs plugin is listed at the bottom again not enabled ( its not in the active list )

Cheers
              I guess I was referring to the HS plugin showing up in the plugin list. Without the repo.xml file, it won't download the plugin to the Logitech Media Server. If you go to :

http://yourhomeseeripaddress/SqueezeBox/repo.xml

or, select "LMS Repository" from the HomeSeer Squeezebox plugin menu (takes you to same link), do you get text in a webpage or do you get a not found error? If you get text, can you cut and paste here and maybe I can get mine up and running and help you get yours going.

Thanks

Comment

You will not find the repo.xml on disk in the file system. It is created dynamically by the plugin when when you access the above mentioned URL. It the html/SqueezeBox directory it looks for the zip file that it will make available via the repo.xml file. It you select the menu Plugin > SqueezeBox > LMS Repository from a browser you can access the repo as well and get the UR (The browser might not show the content as XML but that is due to the browser rendering). I would try from a browser first to ensure the squeezebox plugin provides a response and then try the same URL from LMS.

I am traveling with very rare or no Internet access. If you can’t get it to work, looking at a debug log file will help when I return.

Comment

When I go to the plugin menu in HS and select Squeezebox>LMS Repository, I get the following error...tried in both Chrome and Edge. I am using HS4.

The page you are looking for does not exist!
                  So we gave you this very boring substitue instead!

If I try the LMS Plugin Squeezebox menu item, I get an XML file so it seems to be specific to the repo.xml.

Comment

I also recently moved my HS install to a new machine. I quickly added the plugin on my old install and tried the LMS Repository selection and same 404 error.

Comment

You will not find the repo.xml on disk in the file system. It is created dynamically by the plugin when when you access the above mentioned URL. It the html/SqueezeBox directory it looks for the zip file that it will make available via the repo.xml file. It you select the menu Plugin > SqueezeBox > LMS Repository from a browser you can access the repo as well and get the UR (The browser might not show the content as XML but that is due to the browser rendering). I would try from a browser first to ensure the squeezebox plugin provides a response and then try the same URL from LMS.

I am traveling with very rare or no Internet access. If you can’t get it to work, looking at a debug log file will help when I return.
                      Just wondering if any update on this.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post

Just wondering if any update on this.

Thanks
                        I did a test while remote on my HS3 systems and all worked fine. Have not tried with HS4 which I should be able to try this weekend. Are you using HS4 as well or still HS3 on that new system you mentioned in an earlier post?

Comment

HS4 on both. Just moved to new hardware, updated software a little bit ago.

Comment

This is an issue with HS4, where it is not invoking the plugin code when invoking a registered URL {hs4_url}/squeezebox/repo.xml ; HS3 invokes the plugin code fine so that it can compute and return the XML. I reported this to the HomeSeer helpdesk as a bug.

Comment

Subscribed

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is an issue with HS4, where it is not invoking the plugin code when invoking a registered URL {hs4_url}/squeezebox/repo.xml ; HS3 invokes the plugin code fine so that it can compute and return the XML. I reported this to the HomeSeer helpdesk as a bug.
                                Any update on this issue?

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                                X