Playlists/Favorites via HS Touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playlists/Favorites via HS Touch

I've been playing with some basic screens in touch and while I can run an event which kicks off a playlist or favorite from Squeezebox, I don't see a way of just loading and playing a playlist from Squeezebox. Is this possible? Otherwise it appears that I'd have to create an event in HS for every playlist/favorite that I want to play.

I'm not looking to do a full blown touch screen for browsing and playing music. Just a simple screen with buttons to play a few favorite internet radio stations in a game/party room we have.

Thanks!

Are you using HS3 or HS4? HS3 defines Media APIs which the plugin supports but HS4 does not. To enable support for the Media APIs (for HSTouch), check the configuration "Enable Media APIs for Individual Players (Requires plug-in restart)" in he SqueezeBox plugin configuration page. With the Media APIs you can have controls (ListBox) in HSTouch to browse Genres, Artists, Playlists... but keep in mind that the media browsing in HSTouch with the Media APIs never became as rich and flexible as we had hoped. Multiple users ended up using custom screens to kick off their favorites.

Comment

Working...
    X