Music not restarting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music not restarting

I thought this was working but it would seem not.

I have an event that uses LMS to play a sound file ( e.g. a doorbell sound ).
    If music is currently playing when this is triggered it will pause the current music track, play the sample but then not restart the track.
    It's as though the previous track and position within the track is lost. iPeng just shows the doorbell sound as the current 'track'.

Any help appreciated

It should switch back to the music track, i.e. it restores the settings after the doorbell sound ended. When playing music is been played is it local music, streaming services (Radio, Pandora, Spotify, ...)? If in the squeezebox plugin configuration you check Debug and Verbose Debug, uncheck ‘Log to HomeSeer’ and reproduce the problem, a log file for the plugin is created in the Logs directory of the the HS3 installation. If you forward me this log file, it should help to diagnose the issue. Also is the plugin running on Windows or Linux?

Comment

Hi

just streaming a local mp3 on windows lms .
      I guess a question I should ask is what is the proper way to play a sound file through squeezebox ? . Currently I’m using the play playlist option is squeezebox to play the doorbell mp3 . Is that the correct method ?

Comment

If you are using the using the play playlist option in an HS3 event to play the doorbell mp3, then it is similar to going to your LMS user interface (or whatever other control) and selecting a new track to be played. It is not returning to the prior track after it finished. If you would use « Insert Album » in the HS3 event it would insert your selection in the currently playlist after the current song (similar to what you can do in the LMS UI) but most likely not what your want to achieve.

Most likely what you want to achieve is based on an external event (Phone ring, motion detection, etc) you want to play the mp3 doorbell sound. To do that the best is to use the ‘Speak Something’ action in the event. To start with (before switching to the doorbell mp3), enter some text to be spoken. Also set the HS3 device named ‘Speech Volume’ for your player to a non zero volume. When the HS3 event is triggered, the current music been played will stop, the specified text will be spoken and then it should return to the music that has been played.

If this works then instead (or in addition to) of the ‘Play Something’ add an action ‘Play an Audio File’ to play your doorbell mp3 file. I have not tried this lately to play sounds, but do use the ‘Speak Something’.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
          If you are using the using the play playlist option in an HS3 event to play the doorbell mp3, then it is similar to going to your LMS user interface (or whatever other control) and selecting a new track to be played. It is not returning to the prior track after it finished. If you would use « Insert Album » in the HS3 event it would insert your selection in the currently playlist after the current song (similar to what you can do in the LMS UI) but most likely not what your want to achieve.

Most likely what you want to achieve is based on an external event (Phone ring, motion detection, etc) you want to play the mp3 doorbell sound. To do that the best is to use the ‘Speak Something’ action in the event. To start with (before switching to the doorbell mp3), enter some text to be spoken. Also set the HS3 device named ‘Speech Volume’ for your player to a non zero volume. When the HS3 event is triggered, the current music been played will stop, the specified text will be spoken and then it should return to the music that has been played.

If this works then instead (or in addition to) of the ‘Play Something’ add an action ‘Play an Audio File’ to play your doorbell mp3 file. I have not tried this lately to play sounds, but do use the ‘Speak Something’.
          Thanks. - i'll try this tomorrow and report back - cheers

Comment

I changed my event to "speak something" and entered some text - the only choice for audio output seems to be Homeseer:default ; but I left this blank is that implies all clients will speak. No speech from clients. The pc running Homeseer though does speak. So I'm not sure why the client isn't doing it.

Comment

You need to enable the speak proxy in the plugin configuration if that has not already been done. Ensure you select the check boxes as in he screenshot below
              Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-22_10-12-32.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1435368

Comment

And if you do not specify a speaker client in the event by default it will be routed to all players. The documentation (PDF via Help menu in HS3 or PDF in the SqueezeBox sub directory in he html directory of the HS installation covers additional details.

Comment

And if you do not specify a speaker client in the event by default it will be routed to all players. The documentation (PDF via Help menu in HS3 or PDF in the SqueezeBox sub directory in he html directory of the HS installation covers additional details.

Hi

Yes, have set all that doesn't seem to work. Speech only comes out the actual pc running Homeseer. Clients say nothing

Comment

Not sure what's going on now.

Simply doing &hs.speak("hello") sometimes doesn't even work locally. It's like it's buffered. I did it 4 times. No speech from any client or local.
                    A good few seconds later the local host says "hello" 4 times - then the music player on a different client continues.
                    So it's like it's being held in a queue but not happening when it should aswell as no speech from clients apart from Homeseer host.

Comment

A log with Debug and Verbose Debug set will help diagnose the issue (see my first post above about the logs as well).

Comment

Here you go.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I had a quick look tonight at the log and could not find anything obvious. There is an file SpeakIn_4.mp3 in the SqueezeBox sub-directory of the html directory of your HS installation. Could you play it on your Windows server to ensure it is fine as well as a media track from your LMS library (to ensure your LMS setup plays fine these mp3 fine), If that works it would be interesting to play via LMS by selecting TuneInRadio in the LMS user interface and entering "http://192.168.8.4/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_4.mp3" (again to ensure streaming and playing these files are fine in your setup).

Comment

I had a quick look tonight at the log and could not find anything obvious. There is an file SpeakIn_4.mp3 in the SqueezeBox sub-directory of the html directory of your HS installation. Could you play it on your Windows server to ensure it is fine as well as a media track from your LMS library (to ensure your LMS setup plays fine these mp3 fine), If that works it would be interesting to play via LMS by selecting TuneInRadio in the LMS user interface and entering "http://192.168.8.4/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_4.mp3" (again to ensure streaming and playing these files are fine in your setup).
                            Did all as you said.
                            Everything seemed fine but your last step playing the mp3 via tuneinradio would work sometimes. It would seem to play it always i.e. I can see the track playing in open; but sometimes there would be no audio output from the client. Volume seemed fine.
                            Difficult to reproduce.

Comment

More testing.
                              Installed the latest version of LMS server .

If I am playing a track and then do 'play audio' both sounds can out the client i.e. the play audio mp3 and the music

If I try to do speech interrupting an audio track then the audio stops. There's a pause ( presumably where the speech should be ) ; then the audio begins again but from the start of the track not where it paused.

Comment

Working...
                              X