Need assistance with install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need assistance with install

I wiped my squeezebox server… and decided to run pocoreplayer.

Picoreplayer runs on lms 8..1.x

Can’t downgrade to 7.9 (various reasons)

Problem… hs squeezebox plug-in has max target of 7.*
    I know people are running hs3 plug-in on LMS 8.x
    But can’t get it to install on LMS 8+

Following snippet from lms log shows it downloads, but won’t install because target is outside range

Any way to change the xml file to be max target=* instead of max target=7+?
    ……..

Any and all help appreciated

07-18 14:15:34.1737] Slim::Networking::SimpleAsyncHTTP:nBody (129) status for http://arbwarea/squeezebox/repo.xml is 200 OK
    [21-07-18 14:15:34.1744] Slim::Networking::SimpleAsyncHTTP:nBody (150) Done
    [21-07-18 14:15:34.1794] Slim::Plugin::Extensions::Plugin::_parseXML (501) searching http://arbwarea/squeezebox/repo.xml for type: plugin target: unix version: 8.1.2
    [21-07-18 14:15:34.1802] Slim::Plugin::Extensions::Plugin::_parseXML (517) entry HS3 does not match, bad target version [8.1.2 outside 7.4, 7+]
    [21-07-18 14:15:34.1807] Slim::Plugin::Extensions::Plugin::_parseXML (589) found 0 extensions……..
    ……..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regards,

Andrew B.

Thanks, I will check that / look for a solution

Comment

Check the squeezebox plugin version 3.2.0.12 Beta in the updater which sets the max LMS version to * (o support version 8.*)

Comment

Thank you sir... that works for me... with the following notes:

I originally tried it on the most recent version of piCoreplayer... and although the Beta Plugin allowed the Plugin to be downloaded into LMS...
        It caused an error that prevented LMS from successfully restarting after the plugin installed

So... I wiped my Pi... installed the most recent Raspian (Buster)
        Installed LMS 8.1.1

And it downloaded and loaded the Beta Plugin without issue.

My system is now working fine.

I dont have a spare pi to do further debug of the piCoreplayer issues... but could recreate the problem on a temporary basis sometime... and send you the logs if that would be helpful

Let me know what you want...

Also.

I really appreciate the fast response in addressing this issue...
        I've used the plugin for a few years now... and it is an integral part of my system... (used in an "alarm clock" HS event... as well as various HS events that allow basic player control from some old X10 Palmpads)

Its nice to be back to expected (by my family) functionality

Andrew
        Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Glad to hear the problem is solved. Any log content / error messages always help as a starting point to investigate.

Comment

Working...
          X