Plugin still supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin still supported?

Installed in HS4 but not sure how to use.
    Long time (2006) user of Sueezebox. Running several in and outside the house. LMS on a Pi with PcP.

So the questions;
    - is the plugin still supported?
    - how to use the plugin (got the basic running, device shows LMS statistics) to control a player?

Regards, edwin

Documentation in PDF format is included in the plugin installation and should get you started. The PDF file is html/squeezebox subdirectory of the HS installation. HS4 does not provide direct access to it from the web interface as far as I recall as did HS3. I am still using HS3, maintain this plugin within this version, did some testing with HS4 but that was quite a while ago.

Comment

Look at my post "Next song not working in HSTouch". This will give you an idea what is working and what is not. If you find out how to make this work in HS4 please let me know. For now I have disabled the plugin but very eager to make this part of my system.

Marcel

Comment

Forgot to mention that the not working part could be my problem so I would be very happy if a second set of eyes take a look at this.

Thxs
        Marcel

Comment

I also did a request at the slimdevices forum.
          Thnx for directing to pdf, found it

Comment

well i digged through the pdf manual and i stranded at the installation of the LMS plugin. Despite the correct path http://<IP_ADRESS_LMS_SERVER>:80/squeezebox/repo.xml the "HomeSeer - HS3 (v3.1.0)" does not appear in the installable plugin, just a 404 error from HS4. Already rebooted the PCP Pi including LMS (btw v8.1.2, need to upgrade to v8.2.0)
            Some differences between manual and real live. I think the plugin is now 3.2.0 and the loaction of the repository is now at he bottom of the "plug-in" of settings from LMS
            Please help me out on this.

Comment

Originally posted by edwin2008 View Post
              well i digged through the pdf manual and i stranded at the installation of the LMS plugin. Despite the correct path http://<IP_ADRESS_LMS_SERVER>:80/squeezebox/repo.xml the "HomeSeer - HS3 (v3.1.0)" does not appear in the installable plugin, just a 404 error from HS4. Already rebooted the PCP Pi including LMS (btw v8.1.2, need to upgrade to v8.2.0)
              Some differences between manual and real live. I think the plugin is now 3.2.0 and the loaction of the repository is now at he bottom of the "plug-in" of settings from LMS
              Please help me out on this.
              It appears there is a compatibility issue in the HS4 web server and is not able to serve such pages anymore (works fine in HS3 which I am using). I reported such a compatibility issue way back when HS4 alpha/beta when I did some testing but since have not switched to HS4. This HS plugin for LMS is really only needed if you want to display HS content in player screensavers or trigger actions from player remotes for example; it is not relevant for other integration.

Comment

Thnx, still rises the question if the plugin is still supported/maintained by developer. I really hesitate to pay $49.95 if the plugin is abandoned by developer making it hard to keep it working while HS is making progress.
                I do love squeezebox and lms so it would be a pitty of the plugin would die.

Comment

Some opinion I would love this plugin to work with HS4. I am getting the impression that the plugin is only supported for HS3 since the developer is doing all his testing with HS3. The plugin seems to be broken when using HS4. In my case I can only get the music devices to work (99%). Music API is not working for me and the plugin for LMS is not working either but this is a Homeseer problem.

Comment

I was hoping that the developer would join the conversation. As far as I could find it's the only decent solution to integrate squeezebox with Homeseer.
                    Alternative would be to see if I can get the lms plugin working by direct copying it into lms but for that I would need the specific file. I would not prefer this since I don't want to offend the developer.

Comment

Originally posted by edwin2008 View Post
                      I was hoping that the developer would join the conversation. As far as I could find it's the only decent solution to integrate squeezebox with Homeseer.
                      Alternative would be to see if I can get the lms plugin working by direct copying it into lms but for that I would need the specific file. I would not prefer this since I don't want to offend the developer.
                      I (developer) joined the conversation above. This plugin was was developed for HS3 (which maintained as such and I am using HS3). Early in the HS4 life I did some testing and there were some compatibility issues but overall appeared to work ok with some issues to be addressed in HS4 (URL to HS web server to send the LMS plugin for example); HS mentioned in the past that HS3 plugins should be compatible with HS4. I am unsure of the HS3 Media API compatibility in HS4 though would expect it to work in terms of HS3 compatibility.

Comment

Thnx for your input. Is there a way to get this complete working? If someone could provide I could copy the plugin files manually at the right place in the lms server. If that is what it takes to get things working I would purchase the HS plugin and hope the developer keeps hanging on and switches to HS4

Comment

Working...
                        X