Displaying album art in HStouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying album art in HStouch

I tried to set up album art in HStouch, but I can't get it to work. And I think I found out why.

(Yes I have two girls at home)

Gives this when using status image tracking in HStouch:

... with the following in the log:
    Code:
    Image file does not exist, returning blank image: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\/http://192.168.0.11:9000/imageproxy/spotify:image:6e04fd4fcc5b107f93dc1860941dc240e79e1295/image.jpg</pre>
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Interesting and need to play with it to find a solution. It must be HSTouch or HS3 that adds the prefix to the HS3 installation directory as in the device management page the URL is fine and displayed. Which HS3 and HSTouch versions are you using?

The device icon is not stored locally but use the URL to LMS (avoids downloading the image). FYI a few weeks ago I did setup an HSTouch screen where the album was displayed via the HSTouch media APIs and that worked.

Comment

This is with HS3 version .190, HStouch server .69 and HS touch 3.0.0.30, but it was like that before.

Other devices that use "external images" does not have this problem, only this one. I don't know why HS doesn't realise that there's a "http://" in front of the link, so it could be a HStouch bug, but if you had it working...
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I hope to look into this over the weekend.

Comment

I can paste the URL from the device Icon into a HSTouch Image and it works fine. But my question is how to find the image URL from LMS?

Originally posted by pcp View Post
          The device icon is not stored locally but use the URL to LMS (avoids downloading the image). FYI a few weeks ago I did setup an HSTouch screen where the album was displayed via the HSTouch media APIs and that worked.
          I believe that in the HS2 version, the image was downloaded and cached in the /HTML/Squeezebox directory.

Is there a way to get the URL to LMS and put this in HST like the device Icon?
          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
          BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Yes in hs2 it downloaded the image, now the URL for the device icon is to the current album using a hyperlink lms. Are you looking for the URL to lms given a playe I'dor awed.

Comment

Yes, the HST Music API doesn't seem to be working yet.

I would like to display the current Album playing from LMS on HST.
              I think that I can do that if the URL of the current Album from LMS is available.
              DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
              BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

If you use a URL like the one below you will get the current album for the player; replace LMS_SERVER_NAME and PLAYER_NAME to the specifics, potentially 9000 as well if you do not use the standard LMS web port. This is the URL used in the device page for player icons.

http://LMS_SERVER_NAME:9000/index.ht...er=PLAYER_NAME

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                  If you use a URL like the one below you will get the current album for the player; replace LMS_SERVER_NAME and PLAYER_NAME to the specifics, potentially 9000 as well if you do not use the standard LMS web port. This is the URL used in the device page for player icons.

http://LMS_SERVER_NAME:9000/index.ht...er=PLAYER_NAME
                  Thanks for you help

http://192.168.1.111:9000/index.html...=Squeeze_Touch

This gives be the webpage for the LMS server

Trying to figure out a way to get the current album on HS Touch.
                  I got same error Moskus when trying to use the device status.
                  The Music API is busted.
                  DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

I got a little closer.

This will display the current album cover:

http://192.168.1.111:9000/music/curr...yer=squeezebox touch

(Adjust IP and Player Name)

but doesn't seem to update for the Internet Radio Streams, which is what I really want
                    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
                      I got a little closer.

This will display the current album cover:

http://192.168.1.111:9000/music/curr...yer=squeezebox touch

(Adjust IP and Player Name)

but doesn't seem to update for the Internet Radio Streams, which is what I really want
                      Thanks to some great support from the Squeezebox Forum, LMS 7.9 now supports the metadata to show the Album Art from streaming sources.

We can now just use the link /music/current/cover.jpg to show the Album Art on HS Touch.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Radio-Paradise)
                      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

The art displays for me without issue. I do get that error message that the picture is missing in designer, but i ignore and move on. I have an image created that I just use the image of current title. Works flawless.
                        Attached Files

Comment

What about when you use Spotify?

Comment

Funny, I had this working last night, ignoring the error on the HS Touch designer.
                            This morning, I went to check to see if it worked on Spotify and Pandora and now is no longer working.

I get the error below in the HS3 Log:

Sep-04 8:18:16 AM Warning Image file does not exist, returning blank image: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\/http://xxx.x.x.xxx:9000/imageproxy/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.radioparadise.com%2Fgraphics%2Fcovers%2Fm%2 FB000003CMC.jpg/image.jpg

I am finding HS3 HSTouch to be extremely buggy, which is not helping.

For now will go back to letting HS2 Squeezebox plugin download the image and use that for the album cover.

DSteiNeuro
                            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

I look into this for the next update and add the download.

Comment

Working...
                              X