Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am i doing wrong?

I just started a 30 day trial

Basically what I am after is multi room synchronized audio. I don't have any local content but just want to make use of Spotify, Pandora and Internet Radio.

I have built some basic media screens but am running into issues using Media actions. None of them seem to work. I can control some things using the device control like play, pause, skip and status tracking to display album etc.

What I am trying to figure out is how I select what player I want. Do I have to have a separate HStouch screen for each player? Also how do select the music I want to play in HStouch. When I try to use the list box with the media selection it never shows anything content

I am using the latest beta plugin and have configured the LMS plugin as well.

I have seen your multiple threads regarding the bugs in the media api in hstouch however I am have also seen instances where it is being used.

I am wondering if I am doing anything wrong here. If 3this is all expected behavior and if you have any suggestions on accomplishing my goals.

(single HStouch screen where I can select a spotify favorites/playlist/internet radio station and select which players I want to be synced)

Thanks

The SqueezeBox plugin exposes each player as a media player to HSTouch so that you can create individual screens per player + another virtual player that can control a player selected dynamically. In the later case, he player been controlled when using this player instance is the one specified in the HS3 device "Selected Player"; you can use a drop down list/combobox associated with the device "Selected Player" to select the player to control.

Now all that said, the media API support in HSTouch is not complete and stable. I ran into several issues (see http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...30&postcount=2) and it is in HS's court to fully support the media API or provide an alternative for us to build media browsers in HSTouch (i.e. generic listboxes). I contacted HS on multiple occasions, offered to help, but not sure what their timeline is.

Comment

thanks for the reply.

I do realize part of the problems is the Media API implementation.

If you say that I can use the selected player device to control which player is selected (which sounds like what I want to do) then something must be configured wrong as I even though I see 2 players connected. There is no way to use the device you mentioned to select the player.

When I add the status Tracking to the drop list device in HStouch it just says "nothing"

Also the device you mentioned in the homeseer device control (webui) doesn't have any options. Its almost like it isn't recognizing the players.
      Attached Files

Comment

What are you using for Squeezebox devices? I use several Squeezebox touches and an app to use iPads.

I find it much easier to use the sync feature on one of the iPad apps, such as Squeezepad- http://www.squeezepad.com/ or iPeng- http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-8 to sync all of the devices to my main Squeezebox Touch, which I control from HS.

I also find it easier to use Squeezepad on my iPads for most of the music control. Fairly easy to switch back and forth with HSTouch and now even easier on IOS 9.
        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
        BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

I use SqueezeLite along with SB player for Android

I see how controlling it wit the app would be easier in some instances however my goal was to integrate it into the home automation system.

It seems that there is a combination of lack of Homeseer response to the media API fixes along with perhaps a configuration issue with my current setup (or perhaps support for the software players that I use) stops me from getting this to work the way that it is supposed too

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
            thanks for the reply.

I do realize part of the problems is the Media API implementation.

If you say that I can use the selected player device to control which player is selected (which sounds like what I want to do) then something must be configured wrong as I even though I see 2 players connected. There is no way to use the device you mentioned to select the player.

When I add the status Tracking to the drop list device in HStouch it just says "nothing"

Also the device you mentioned in the homeseer device control (webui) doesn't have any options. Its almost like it isn't recognizing the players.
            Can you check the graphics/status defintions for the current player device? It should list the players. I just updated to a more recent version of HS3 and also notice that the control is not visible in the device manager page but status/graphics are defined for them.... this used to be different in prior versions of HS3. I will need to investigate further.

Comment

In HS Touch I use buttons and events for sync. Simple for the family but I need events for every possibility.

Regards
              Morten

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                Can you check the graphics/status defintions for the current player device? It should list the players. I just updated to a more recent version of HS3 and also notice that the control is not visible in the device manager page but status/graphics are defined for them.... this used to be different in prior versions of HS3. I will need to investigate further.
                Here is what i see in the status graphics
                I am not quite sure what is supposed to be there.
                Attached Files

Comment

So I think I have a good solution until the HStouch and bugs are worked out is to just embed the LMS web page into an HStouch page. It seems to work perfectly except the text is a little small. It actually matches my skin pretty well.

Perhaps as an alternative to this, if you could add some features to change the look and feel of your web player it might be a benefit to myself and others

Thanks

Comment

Any idea how the controls on that last screenshot should look. Perhaps I can manually set them up?

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
                      Here is what i see in the status graphics

I am not quite sure what is supposed to be there.

The controls should list the name off players, one by control. Do you see the player names in the plug-in status page? The list of controls listing the players is managed by the plug-in as players are added or removed. The buttons should appear on the device management page and in hstouch (looks like a problem with latest hs3 but did not have problem to look further into it). The default media Apis in the main plugin instance will then route them to the specific player (if hstouch would list all media instances for the pig-in, you would also see an instance in hstouch per player).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The controls should list the name off players, one by control. Do you see the player names in the plug-in status page? The list of controls listing the players is managed by the plug-in as players are added or removed. The buttons should appear on the device management page and in hstouch (looks like a problem with latest hs3 but did not have problem to look further into it). The default media Apis in the main plugin instance will then route them to the specific player (if hstouch would list all media instances for the pig-in, you would also see an instance in hstouch per player).

I noticed that this isn't working. I don't use the controls to choose my players, so it isn't causing a problem with me. This is the first time that I saw the devices listed in the Status Text. I think that they weren't populated when I last looked. It seems like the Status graphics may be the issue?
                        Attached Files
                        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Looks like the status is not updating. Shown as "0", even though two players are connected.
                          Attached Files
                          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Well something is broken then for sure. The plug-in isn't creating the correct value status pairs. I do see the players in the status screen
                            Attached Files

Comment

I am running the following versions

HS3Pro 3.0.0.208
                              Squeezebox Plugin 3.1.4.0

Comment

Working...
                              X