• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramymounir View Post
    nothing is working for me !

i downloaded putty
    chose connection type telnet

when i try to connect it says network error.. software cause connection to abort or something like that..
    Hard to help troubleshoot when you don't post exact error messages... Did you change the port from 23 which is default to 9090?

Getting to the web interface and showing it does not help as that interface is not relevant as to how the plugin interacts with the squeezebox server.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

nothing is working for me !

i downloaded putty
      chose connection type telnet

when i try to connect it says network error.. software cause connection to abort or something like that..

i can connect to the server and to LMS via windows normally just by clicking the windows icon then network and i can see squeeze play and when i click it it opens the LMS.. also the CLI is enabled .. and the port is 9090

View My Video
      Putty works fine as well for the test Enter the IP address into the Host Name, use port 9-9- and select connection type as Telnet. Whenputty attempts to connect what error o you get? Can you post a screenshot or the specific error?

Connecting via the web interface is one thing (via the Windows icon), but is different from the wya the plugin connects via the CLI interface (different port 9090 while web interface is 9000 by default and is a different protocol). This test via Putty will help diagnose if the problem is network related. Please post specific error messages or screenshots when putty attempts to connect.

Comment

i got this line in the log.. maybe irrelevant but it could mean something

Jan-02 4:51:17 AM Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\squeezebox

Comment

i found something..

when i go to 192.168.1.100:9090 i go to SabNzbd+ looks like it is using this port? i am not technical but i think this is why.. i tried to go to the LMS settings and i changed the CLI port to 9091, then i tried the telnet but it is the same error..

when i changed the port in the CLI settings, i tried to check the plugin log it is still giving me the same error..

Jan-02 1:43:48 PM SqueezeBox Warning Communication error upon sockDataArrival Receive: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
          Jan-02 1:43:48 PM SqueezeBox Info Connected to Logitech Media Server (LMS)

hope this helps..

Comment

Googling that error, it indicates that it's typically caused by a firewall blocking the connection. Is there a firewall between the two or do you have firewall software running on either system?

Cheers
            Al

PS there are many tools to capture screen shots & videos of a windows based system, which will make it easier to capture error, etc.

Edit: I was typing this while you added your other post. Yes, a port conflict can cause this as well.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

i found something..

when i go to 192.168.1.100:9090 i go to SabNzbd+ looks like it is using this port? i am not technical but i think this is why.. i tried to go to the LMS settings and i changed the CLI port to 9091, then i tried the telnet but it is the same error..

when i changed the port in the CLI settings, i tried to check the plugin log it is still giving me the same error..

Jan-02 1:43:48 PM SqueezeBox WarningCommunication error upon sockDataArrival Receive: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Jan-02 1:43:48 PM SqueezeBox InfoConnected to Logitech Media Server (LMS)

hope this helps..

Did you change the port to 9091 in lms and the plugin to the same value? Did you restart both lms and the plugin? And yes you have a port conflict.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

worked! lol sorry i didn't change the port to 9091 on the plugin..

Jan-02 7:22:55 PM SqueezeBox (Player_20c9d046f7db) Info SqueezeBox instance Player_20c9d046f7db starting ...
                Jan-02 7:22:55 PM SqueezeBox Info LMS New player ID 20:c9:d0:46:f7:db
                Jan-02 7:22:55 PM Info Plugin SqueezeBox with instance Player_20c9d046f7db has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:51206
                Jan-02 7:15:17 PM SqueezeBox Info LMS Server Player Count: 0
                Jan-02 7:15:17 PM SqueezeBox Info Connected to Logitech Media
                Server (LMS)

thanks man for your help..
                i have some questions now that it is working

1. on the devices list it says in the second line players connected 0.. shouldn't that be 1 since have a player running?

2. also on the last line there is a button with no label.. it can be clicked but i dont know what it does..

3. if i click on the second line device name "player Count" then i go to the graphics tab i get this error..

4. i get this in my log too..

Jan-02 8:02:41 PM SqueezeBox (Player_20c9d046f7db) Warning LibGetPlaylists for Lib_Type 21 not supported.
                Jan-02 7:57:25 PM SqueezeBox (Player_20c9d046f7db) Warning LibGetPlaylists for Lib_Type 21 not supported.
                Jan-02 7:56:56 PM SqueezeBox (Player_20c9d046f7db) Warning LibGetPlaylists for Lib_Type 21 not supported.
                Jan-02 7:45:57 PM Error Building page deviceutility: Failed to compare two elements in the array.
                Jan-02 7:34:56 PM Error Building page deviceutility: Failed to compare two elements in the array.

Comment

Great news. Try the following:
                  1. stop the squeezebox plugin
                  2. delete the HS3 devices in the screenshot (the ones for the plugin) and especially the second and last one in screenshot
                  3. start the squeezebox plugin, it will recreate the devices
                  4. go to the squeezebox plugin status page
                  5. it should list the player(s)
                  6. check the checkbox for your player(s) ; HS3 devices will be created for te selected players.

Yes the count should be one. I am not sure about the last device in the screenshot as I do not recognize the name (SqueezePlay). You must have changed it's name (which is ok) but does not tell me which one it is. I suppose it is the 'currently selected player' which adds buttons for all LMS players. This device is only relevant for HSTouch and not under regular usage.

Comment

thanks man

that fixed the devices problem, also the blank button..

i am still getting the same errors in the log as number 4 above..

also no. 3 is still not fixed. when i click on the "player count device" then go to the "status graphics" tab i get the same error as shown in the photo above..

finally when i try to create an even where the action is to play "my favorites" list
                    from SqueezeCloud" app, the plugin becomes slow, and lagging, like very heavy.. and the minimize button doesn't work, so the menu stays maximized... this is very annoying, but it doesn't affect the functionality..

this usually happens when the process is not finished.. it is as if there is something else i have to choose to be able to minimize the event..

Last edited by Ramymounir; January 3, 2016, 07:28 AM.

Comment

i am still getting the same errors in the log as number 4 above..
                      Are you referring to "Warning LibGetPlaylists for Lib_Type 21 not supported." or "Failed to compare two elements in the array."?

also no. 3 is still not fixed. when i click on the "player count device" then go to the "status graphics" tab i get the same error as shown in the photo above..
                      I can reproduce i and will look at it for the next version.

finally when i try to create an even where the action is to play "my favorites" list
                      from SqueezeCloud" app, the plugin becomes slow, and lagging, like very heavy.. and the minimize button doesn't work, so the menu stays maximized... this is very annoying, but it doesn't affect the functionality..
                      What is the "SqueezeCloud" app? I have not used it nor tried it with the plugin. If this is a web cloud hosted library/media, lost of network traffice will happen with the "cloud" to browse and fetch media content. I use Spotify and Pandora and browsing over the net is ok but notificae a lag when browsing larger content. Are the Favorites the ones listed in te LMS web Page under Favorties or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                        Are you referring to "Warning LibGetPlaylists for Lib_Type 21 not supported." or "Failed to compare two elements in the array."?

i get both errors.. i dont know why..

I can reproduce i and will look at it for the next version.

What is the "SqueezeCloud" app? I have not used it nor tried it with the plugin. If this is a web cloud hosted library/media, lost of network traffice will happen with the "cloud" to browse and fetch media content. I use Spotify and Pandora and browsing over the net is ok but notificae a lag when browsing larger content. Are the Favorites the ones listed in te LMS web Page under Favorties or something else?

squeezecloud is soundcloud.. i am choosing the favorites list in my soundcloud app, it lags a bit because the list is big, but thats not the problem,, once it loads it is ok.. all buttons are functioning fine, except that yellow button..

Comment

squeezecloud is soundcloud.. i am choosing the favorites list in my soundcloud app, it lags a bit because the list is big, but thats not the problem,, once it loads it is ok.. all buttons are functioning fine, except that yellow button..

The yellow down arrow will only let you close that part of the event if completely configured. Check all options and ensure values have ben set for all arguments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X