• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot get PLaylists to work with HS2 Plugin

Plug-in version 2.3.0 / File version 2.3.0.6
    LMS Version 7.9.0

Created events to run a playlist with a radio station
    Playlists exists in LMS and when selected from the LMS portal will start playing

When called from an event in HS2 the player says "Playing Nothing"

Tried different play lists, all work in LMS but not from HS2 event

ANy suggestions?

Can you provide more details on how the event is configured?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
      Can you provide more details on how the event is configured?

Sure!

Player: Kantoor --> Player name from dropdown
      Action: PLAY
      Item: OmroepBrabant --> Playlist name, copied from LMS

Comment

PCP, any updates to share?

Comment

Sorry missed the update via tapatalk.Try the following: prefix the playlist name with _playlist/" and in your case the name would "_playlist/OmroepBraban"(without the quotes).

If that does not work, can you enable debugging + vebose debugging, trigger the event and post the resulting log. Thanks

Comment

No Problem, too many tools, too much information

I tried using the _playlist prefix but that did not change the situation. I will send you the verbose log.

Comment

Thanks and will have alook at it

Comment

What kind of playlist is it (i.e. file extension)? And is it stored in the LMS playlist folder?

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                  What kind of playlist is it (i.e. file extension)? And is it stored in the LMS playlist folder?
                  Playlists are stored in the root of the music folder "/volume1/Music" and have a .m3u extension. The playlists I am referring to are stored in the folder that is configured under playlist folder.

Here's a sample of the content for one of them:

#CURTRACK 0
                  #EXTM3U
                  #EXTURL:http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?...288fb9f159a97b
                  #EXTINF:-1,Omroep Brabant 87.6 (News)
                  http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?...288fb9f159a97b

When I select the playlist from the LMS web interface and click play it works as expected.

Comment

Thanks. Per the log the command to play the specific playlist is sent (and don't see any issues in the command) but somehow lms does not take it nor returns an error or acknowledgment that it is playing it. I will have to do more research.

Comment

Any updates to report?

Comment

Sorry I was very busy lately. I tried to reproduce this in my hs2 (test) setup. I created an event to start playing a playlist (peruvian harp.m3u) as in the screenshot and it worked fine. The playlist file (peruvian harp.m3u) is stored in the default :MS playlist forlder (the one specified in the settings) and I am using "Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 14431650" running on Windows 7 PC and the squeezebox plugin is 2.3.0.6. It worked fine. I changed the playlist name to others including playlists that included pandora URLs. They all started playing the expected media in LMS as I ran the event. I could not reproduce the problem. Per the log you sent me, the request is correctly sent to LMS. Have you tried with a different playlist that only points to local media (mp3 files you have on your server?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for testing, I tried numerous options but cannot get it to work. I am running LMS on my Synology NAS, that might cause an issue.

Finally I decided to take an alternative route....moving to HS3. I installed a trial version of the plugin and selecting playlists works without any issues.

Still interested in finding out what causes the issue in HS2 but with a very, ver low priority. All eyes on HS3 migration.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                          X