Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost Contact

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lost Contact

    I need a little help. I installed the plugin 6months ago and it has been flawless and easy to install.
    Just the other day I lost control of the pool controls. It might have been when I updated. I am using 3.0.2.0 with a usb to serial into the module.
    I have changed ports, plugged and unplugged, rebooted and tried everthing with no response. My goldline controls that are remote still work fine.
    I thought I remembered a baud rate suggestion on the install instructions. Could that be it. I have tried everything to regain control.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

  • #2
    Does the log show any errors? Might also help to turn on debugging in the plug in. . If all else fails, I would try and revert to one of the previous versions which can be found on the forums. Let me know how it goes.

    Mike

    Comment


    • #3
      No errors

      It shows no errors on startup log, here is the debug log showing none either.
      How do you revert back to the previous?
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        OK...no clue what could be causing this. But, just to be sure a subsequent plugin revision did not introduce your problem...try using this version from January... http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...62&postcount=3. You basically replace the AuquaConnect.exe file, just follow the instructions and let me know the result.

        Comment


        • #5
          You might also try and monitor the activity on the serial port your usb to serial adapter is assigned to using something like http://sourceforge.net/projects/realterm/. This will allow you to verify there is actually information being received through your serial port.

          Comment


          • #6
            Still no control

            Down grade did not have any effect.
            Here is the screenshot. It looks like somethings are working but they are old and non responsive.

            Comment


            • #7
              If downgrade did not fix the issue, then something with your communications with the pool controller must be the cause. I would verify your electrical connections and that you are indeed receiving activity on your computer's COM port.

              Comment


              • #8
                Lost Contact

                OK,
                I ran a new wire from goldline outside controls to AQ-CO-Serial box by computer. No change.
                Now what?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Have you verified you are receiving valid pool controller signals to your computers COM port? . BTW... Are you using Windows or Linux operating system?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I ordered a serial cable that test or shows transfer while in use. Also called gold line tech that said he's never seen a box go bad but couldn't tell me anyway to test so I ordered another!
                    I will let you know.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Window 7 ult


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        chiphead,

                        You can test the existing box without a special cable. Just use a com port sniffing software. Here is a free one I use... http://www.microridge.com/comtestserial.htm.

                        After you install it, you will need to click the "serial port" button in the lower right to select the correct port and settings: 8 data bits, no parity, 2 stop bits, and data rate is 19.2 kbps.

                        You may need to temporarily disable aquaconnect from the "plugins" -> "manage" homeseer screen to free up the Com port so the sniffing software can connect to it. Once everything is connected and the box is working properly, you should start seeing activity.

                        Here is an example of they type of info you should see...

                        "{DLE}{STX}{EOT} Gas Heater Manual Off {NUL}{Tab}{\xc3}{DLE}{ETX}{DLE}{STX}{ETX}{DLE}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL }{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}%{DLE}{ETX}{DLE}{STX}{EOT} Gas Heater Manual Off {NUL}{Tab}{\xc3}{DLE}{ETX}{DLE}{STX}{EOT} Friday 6{\xba}29P {NUL}{BEL}{\xc0}{DLE}{ETX}{DLE}{STX}{ETX}{DLE}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL }{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}%{DLE}{ETX}{DLE}{STX}{EOT} Friday 6{\xba}29P {NUL}{BEL}{\xc0}{DLE}{ETX}{DLE}{STX}{ETX}{DLE}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL }{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}%{DLE}{ETX}{DLE}{STX}{EOT} Friday 6{\xba}29P {NUL}{BEL}{\xc0}{DLE}{ETX}{DLE}{STX}{ETX}{DLE}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL }{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}%{DLE}{ETX}{DLE}{STX}{EOT} Friday 6{\xba}29P {NUL}{BEL}{\xc0}{DLE}{ETX}{DLE}{STX}{EOT} Air Temp 93_F {NUL}{BEL}y{DLE}{ETX}{DLE}{STX}{ETX}{DLE}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL }{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}%{DLE}{ETX}{DLE}{STX}{EOT} Air Temp 93_F {NUL}{BEL}y{DLE}{ETX}{DLE}{STX}{ETX}{DLE}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL }{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}{NUL}%{DLE}{ETX}{DLE}{STX}{EOT} Air Temp 93_F {NUL}{BEL}y{DLE}{ETX}"

                        Let me know how it goes!

                        Mike

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          AQ-CO-serial box was bad.
                          I ordered a usb to serial cable off Amazon that showed activity, there was none. So ordered a new box and amazingly started seeing updated equipment.
                          Thanks All


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Great to hear that everything is up and running again!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X