Autelis availability?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autelis availability?

Hello! It's time to start integrating my pool control into HomeSeer, and it sure seems like swapping in an Autelis unit to talk to my EasyTouch would make the most sense.

However all the Autelis units (for all brands of pool gear, it seems) are suspiciously out of stock at their site. Is there something mysterious I should know?

Thanks!

I have no idea what's going on there. Have you tried to contact them?

Comment

I have contacted them and they are preparing to release new equipment for 2018

Update

Here is the link :http://www.autelis.com/pool-control-...easytouch.html
      Last edited by jquincy; February 11th, 2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Hmm, there are not many days left in 2018...that's suspicious. Anyone know if Autelis is still in business?

Comment

Today, I asked them if they have an ETA for the new controllers, here is the answer I got:

Thank you for contacting us. We are still working toward the launch of new products but we have not achieved our desired deadlines. We understand the frustration and apologize for the inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            Today, I asked them if they have an ETA for the new controllers, here is the answer I got:
            I emailed them today and they said: "We hope to start selling them this month."
            I'm fine even with April, giving me a good month before pool season starts in the Northeast - I hope your PI will work!

Comment

When I checked with them a few months back they still had a few units available though not through their website. I'm looking to pick one up for this summer, so hopefully it's nothing too fancy. The previous one looked perfect for what I wanted it for (integration).

Comment

I have been watching too..... Very suspicious that in the last year and half they have not sold any products.

I mean why not sale the current unit until the new one is released?

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                  I have been watching too..... Very suspicious that in the last year and half they have not sold any products.

I mean why not sale the current unit until the new one is released?
                  I wouldn't consider it suspicious at this point to be fair. Having an electronics product manufactured overseas can be a lengthy process, especially if the numbers are smaller like Autelis. I'd guess they ran out of stock prior to having the new model in production (from the looks it's identical hardware with varied firmware? total guess though). If something goes wrong with a prototype, it can be a few weeks turnaround just for shipping, back and forth testing before committing, and the possibility a manufacturer goes out of business. I'm guessing the company is a hobby or side project for someone, so it might also not be a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by baudfather View Post
                    I'm guessing the company is a hobby or side project for someone, so it might also not be a priority.
                    Has to be. I mean how can your full time business just shut down and not sale any products for 1.5 years. But if it's not a priority that means at anytime they will just stop supporting it and walk away, which might be what they have already done or deciding on doing.

Comment

Any recommendation on a new way to control the pentair systems given Autelis is MIA? Looks like pentair just came out with a new system?

Comment

Same question about iAquaLink. There's gotta be a way to bypass a third-party product like Autelis and just send http commands to the locally based iAquaLink IP web server. Anyone want to take up the project now that Pentair and Zodiac are the only pool automation manufacturers?

Comment

Originally posted by sickpuppy View Post
                          Same question about iAquaLink. There's gotta be a way to bypass a third-party product like Autelis and just send http commands to the locally based iAquaLink IP web server. Anyone want to take up the project now that Pentair and Zodiac are the only pool automation manufacturers?
                          I would be interested in iAqualink.

As far as Pentair and Zodiac...... Isn't there more? Hayward Aquaconnect comes to mind since I used to have one. I'm sure there is more.

Comment

This thing is never coming out... no old stock and nothing about new controllers coming out except for the canned "we hope to ship next month" messages. Makes me wonder why they even reply to email inquires. I think it's a sick joke or a psychology experiment.

Comment

Their latest message in response to asking them if we'll ever see the new controllers:

Thanks for your message. We can understand this sentiment. Unfortunately we had to temporarily suspend our operations for a while however we have resumed development and are very close to launching our new products. We do appreciate your continued interest in our products in spite of the delay and inconvenience.

Comment

Working...
                              X