Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PH and Chlorine monitoring - simple way?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PH and Chlorine monitoring - simple way?

Probably not the right forum, but figured anyone lurking here might have a direction.

I have a Jacuzzi hot tub that i would love to monitor chemical status for. Already have a temp sensor that i setup, but would love to have something that told me pH levels, chlorine (it uses a spa frog and enhanced shock), calcium, etc.

and of course looking for something much cheaper than what some of these control devices seem to need.

any ideas appreciated. i need a new project :-)

Yeah.... I'd be interested in this, too. I've read online where this isn't really practical. However, Atlas Scientific has reasonably priced probes for pH and ORP. With the brain trust, here, I think it is doable....
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Enabled Plug-Ins:
    2.1.0.119: AmbientWeather | 3.0.21.0: BLLock | 2.0.24.0: BLUPS | 1.3.6.0: Device History | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 3.1.0.7: MeiHarmonyHub | 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 | 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 | 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 | 3.0.0.91: weatherXML | 3.0.1.245: Z-Wave | 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer | 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+

Comment

I would love to be able to monitor the water chemistry of my hot tub.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I did a lot of research last year on monitoring a pool for pH, Chlorine, etc. and there was nothing economically viable to do this. Everything was geared towards industrial use. That said, I would love to know if anything new comes out to do this and get it into HS...
        HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
        64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
        UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
        Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Working...
        X