High CPU usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High CPU usage

Spud, I thought I mentioned this on another thread with you, but now can not find it...

Could you look over the plugin for CPU usage, at least on Linux its the highest CPU usage of all my plugins (BLRadar is close) but all the others are 6x or more less CPU usage, If there are any metrics or anything I can do to help figure out why (unless you thin there is an inherent reason, the network connection and xml parsing don't seem like they would explain it...) please just lmk.

Best
    Bill

p.s. Screenshot to show relative weights of the various plugins.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 4.08.25 PM.png
Views:	111
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	1258790
    Attached Files

just curious, what's CpsLinks ?

Comment

unless I'm missing something your screenshot shows the Autelis plugin at 0.7% CPU usage which is not the highest CPU usage among the plugins.

is that the memory usage you are worried about? If so, does the mem% go instantly to 3.9% when you restart the plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        unless I'm missing something your screenshot shows the Autelis plugin at 0.7% CPU usage which is not the highest CPU usage among the plugins.

is that the memory usage you are worried about? If so, does the mem% go instantly to 3.9% when you restart the plugin?
        That is showing the current usage, just happened to grab it as a reasonable rate. Look at the TIME+ column which is the total schedule and executed quanta for the process. There you will see the 6x delta I mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post
          just curious, what's CpsLinks ?
          Lol Mr. Eagle Eye. Another plugin I am working on, its for quickly connecting device together. E.g. device 1 is set to off then set device 2 to x. While you can do this with events today, I prefer those type of things tied to the devices themselves. Ill send you some screen shots.

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post

That is showing the current usage, just happened to grab it as a reasonable rate. Look at the TIME+ column which is the total schedule and executed quanta for the process. There you will see the 6x delta I mentioned.
            Got it.
            I found one potential problem with Xml parsing, and I have optimized that in version 3.0.0.24 available in the Beta section of the updater.
            Please test it and let me know.

Thanks

Comment

Got it.
              I found one potential problem with Xml parsing, and I have optimized that in version 3.0.0.24 available in the Beta section of the updater.

Thanks
              Thanks, Ill go try it now.
              Bill

Comment

Got it.

Thanks
                Unfortunately I am not seeing any change with this version, the high overall cpu times stays...

Comment

Spud, any other ideas to try, the issue definitely remains...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 5.34.02 PM.png
Views:	134
Size:	324.4 KB
ID:	1265516
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X