Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ERROR WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bsobel
    replied
    Hi Spud, back home, unfortunately the issue remains...

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post

What bsobel is describing is constant timeout errors that never disappear unless the plugin is restarted. If you only have temporary timeout errors that are fixed without manual intervention, then this is probably caused by a temporary problem on your network.

bsobel, does 3.0.0.26 fixed your problem?
    Traveling so will re-verify by Friday (sorry work travel...)

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by lakemirror View Post

Sorry, hadn't looked at the forum in a while.

I'm getting the timeout error in my log, too. Not very often, but just got 7 log entries this morning. I don't see 3.0.0.26 in the updater, though.
    What bsobel is describing is constant timeout errors that never disappear unless the plugin is restarted. If you only have temporary timeout errors that are fixed without manual intervention, then this is probably caused by a temporary problem on your network.

bsobel, does 3.0.0.26 fixed your problem?

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Originally posted by lakemirror View Post

I'm getting the timeout error in my log, too. Not very often, but just got 7 log entries this morning. I don't see 3.0.0.26 in the updater, though.
    Check the beta section.

Leave a comment:

• lakemirror
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post

That being said, you are the only one reporting this problem, so it would be odd that this piece of code is the cause of it.
    Have you updated your firmware as we discussed here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/po...problems/page2 ?

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    I have not updated the firmware as the.13 one you mentioned is not for my model, I have the one with ISY integration, last firmware I can see is 1.6.9 I am off to try the plugin update now...

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by bsobel View Post
    Peeking at the code, since you get the response stream and wrap it in a using() the web response shouldn't need to be disposed, but in the case that the response is null its unclear if there are unmanned resources that require cleaning up. Mind trying a version with a using block on the response object right above where you do the using block on the stream response?
    I can't really add a using block on the response because I have to catch WebException.
    Anyway adding a using block would do nothing when the response object is null because

Code:
    using(WebResponse resp = request.GetResponse())
    {
    }
    is equivalent to

Code:
    WebResponse resp;
    try
    {
      resp = request.GetResponse();
    }
    finally
    {
    [COLOR=#FF0000]if(resp != null)[/COLOR]
        resp.Close();
    }
    However I think I need to dispose the StreamReader, so I added a using block for this. And I also added a resp.Close() at the very end, but I don't think it is really necessary.
    Please test version 3.0.0.26

That being said, you are the only one reporting this problem, so it would be odd that this piece of code is the cause of it.
    Have you updated your firmware as we discussed here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/po...problems/page2 ?

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Spud, can you please respond to the thread. I constantly loose the ability to control my pool because of the bug in the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Ping on this (just got into the mode again, restart of plugin only fixed it again)

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Peeking at the code, since you get the response stream and wrap it in a using() the web response shouldn't need to be disposed, but in the case that the response is null its unclear if there are unmanned resources that require cleaning up. Mind trying a version with a using block on the response object right above where you do the using block on the stream response?

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    started a topic ERROR WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.

ERROR WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out.

Hi Spud,

I've noticed now that the plugin is running properly for longer periods of time that eventually I start getting constant "ERROR WebException: Timeout The operation has timed out." errors in the log. Stopping and then immediately restarting the plugin corrects this, so that suggests its a plugin bug not something actually on the network. I have also confirmed the Autelis itself is responding fine.

Are you perchance forgetting to dispose the objects you use to connect to the Autelis (WebClient Im guessing)? This feels like a slow handle leak which results in the error, the plugin restarting obviously starting a new process which would resolve it....
Working...
X