Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rtmatthew View Post

Can’t wait for this to happen!
    It's currently in beta testing and prone to changes, so not quite ready for prime time, but I've got it working with bi-directional communication for my basic pool setup (Easytouch 4p). Looks very promising, the devs are awesome and eager to fix any bugs since there's a lot of unknown variables between different setups, including changes between years in the the same model of some equipment. Will definitely share a writeup once it's out of beta!

Comment

Originally posted by baudfather View Post

It's currently in beta testing and prone to changes, so not quite ready for prime time, but I've got it working with bi-directional communication for my basic pool setup (Easytouch 4p). Looks very promising, the devs are awesome and eager to fix any bugs since there's a lot of unknown variables between different setups, including changes between years in the the same model of some equipment. Will definitely share a writeup once it's out of beta!
      Is this "crsherman/nodejs-poolController-mqtt ??

"

Comment

Originally posted by Miamijerry View Post
        That's the standalone plugin, which may or may not continue to be developed; there will be native mqtt within nodejs-poolController though.

Comment

That's the standalone plugin, which may or may not continue to be developed; there will be native mqtt within nodejs-poolController though.
          baudfather

Can nodejs-poolController use a ethernet to RS485 adapter? or only a usb to RS485 adapter (Which requires a RPI)

Comment

I've asked a site admin to open a new forum section for pool related "general chat" or such so we don't hijack the original plugin discussion any further

Comment

There is a pretty nice interface from the nodejscontroller into hubitat. I think from hubitat it can be brought into homeseer directly throgh the hubitat elevation plugin. When I get a weekend free I will try and hook this all up. A direct interface for HS would be really nice though, bypassing the hubitat.

Comment

Fantastic! This is exciting news to me! Thanks so much for the update.

Comment

Do you still have your Autelis Jandy box? I have one and need another. If you think it is still working, please contact me at hamw AT comcast DOT net

Comment

Originally posted by pohoda View Post
                    Update: I have finished my pool equipment upgrade from the older Jandy Aqualink RS-8 to the Pentair EasyTouch-8 panel. I attempted to upgrade the Autelis firmware to the Pentair Easytouch/Intellitouch firmware, but it would not allow me to proceed due to a check the updater does. Everything I have read tells me the Pentair and Jandy systems use very similar RS485 communication so I think this is just due to Autelis checking to make sure nobody can update the firmware with anything other than what it was intended to use. With that I had to abandon using the Autelis and have no way to purchase another one since they seem to have gone out of business. I went ahead and purchased the Screenlogic 2 interface and have to say even without Homeseer integration it is worth it just for the ease of programming and controlling the Pentair Easytouch. I just wish there were a way to connect Homeseer to the equipment so I can use full automation. The only thing I have found is an older plugin that does not seem to be maintained anymore called RSEasyTouch. Pretty bummed that a mainstream automation system like Homeseer has no way to interface with this modern Pentair pool controller. I am hoping someone will pick up where the RSEasyTouch author left off as that seems to be the way to go. They seemed to have reverse-engineered most of the RS485 communication to Pentair. I think that is more likely than Autelis ever responding and getting back up and running.
                    Did you ever find a way to connect the Screenlogic2 to HS? I'm about to install an EasyTouch panel and would like to integrate it with HS. Thanks in advance for any info.

Comment

Working...
                    X