Initial Release.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi MDA,

Thanks for the note, Sorry your still having trouble... Especially considering I used your system to test....

So....You will need to delete your config file to resolve the problem fully and then Re-Enable the devices your after...

Then Delete the Chlorinator Output and Chlorinator Override and your system should have no more issues, These 2 devices should not show up to add any more... as they are Unsupported by the App. You can set them up manually as Status Devices (Like you have for RPM and Salt).

I suspect they are still available on your screen because of the Version 1 of the plugin having them in it... and now they are trapped in your config file.

Let me know if that Fully resolves the problem....

Re-Using the config file messed up my testing earlier this week, So for Version 1.2 the config from earlier versions MUST be deleted.

Thanks
    Mat

Comment

Welp I ran into a problem today.

Everything that was working yesterday stopped today.

First I noticed in HS that it showed the pumps off when I know it should be running. So I opened iAqualink web page and sure enough pool is running but HS is not updating. It shows connected but all the last change times were from yesterday no later then 7pm.

I opened the plugin Config page and now all it shows is the pool but nothing is available below it like has always been.

I tried restarting the plugin, Restarting HS3 checking password (which wasn't changed) and nothing worked. Checked the Debug log and all looked normal to my eyes, showed connected and all the devices. So I tried deleting the config file and and the backup config and ended up just deleting the plugin and reinstalling (I don't have events or anything setup yet for this)

No luck.

Attached is a screen shot of the missing info and debug.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi integlikewhoa,

Thanks for the note and apologies your having trouble...

So, I looked at your logs and it appears that the issue is not the plugin :

{"status": "Offline"},
        {"response": "Error"},

You device is offline.

It should have updated the Main Device to "Communications Error - Device is Offline".

This usually happens when the device gets disconnected for some reason and doesn't come back online, The Plugin will go into a Holding Pattern awaiting for it to appear online again... So it will attempt to communicate, wait 15 seconds on a failure and attempt again.

Sometimes my Device doesn't come back online, I find turning it off for 10 seconds then back on and it comes right back up... I have to do that maybe once a month.... But i know the Wifi to my pump sometimes gets interference... and a simply drop out is ok as it reconnects, But the times it doesnt i need to restart it.

Let me know how you go with that, And if the main device is not updating to "Communications Error - Device is Offline" let me know.

I can make all devices update to this string if that helps?

Thanks
        Mat

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by the device is offline. I'm around 300 miles from the pool most of the time and I have never had to reset it.

When the devices were not updating today (said the pool was not running in the middle of the day which it should have been) the first thing I did was log onto https://iaqualink.zodiacpoolsystems.com and check on it, which it conencted and showed it was running. I also have cameras on the pool so I could have seen if it was running but I didn't check today.

My point is if you read what i wrote earlier the iAqualink website was up and working and showing my pool online but I guess the plugin wasn't.

And Yes the connected child shouldnt have shown connected if there was a connection issue, which I guess there was.

I haven't see "Communications Error - Device is Offline" yet on my system.

Comment

Not sure if this helps, but mine has remained online ever since I ran the update yesterday morning at 9:00 and before that it was online for the previous night of troubleshooting. I am in the US near Dallas Texas. Just putting that out there as different countries may have different connections for the API.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi integlikewhoa,

The Offline message came from the Logs you sent me. The Plugin communicates to the Iaqualink Website and it received a response from the website saying the device was offline.

I can see from your logs that the device was communicating, As there are messages where the plugin received all the info it needed and it would have been working fine.... However at some point it started receiving the note saying the pool system is Offline.

The Logs show that the plugin is communicating with the website, So no idea why that message is being received.

I am happy to jump on teamviewer with you (As i did with fwolferd yesterday), Or do some checking at my end if you wish to share you login details (As i did with MDA), But either of those options are up to you.

There may be something different around your system and why it went to this state, So happy to take a look with you if you like.

Thanks
              Mat

Comment

Hi fwolferd,

Good to see its all running well, Had any other dramas so far???

If you have any general feedback on things you want tweaked i would be happy to hear it.

Thanks
                Mat

Comment

Originally posted by Mat_Budden View Post
                  Hi MDA,
                  Let me know if that Fully resolves the problem....
                  Thanks Mat, I think that solved it!

One thing... when it created the new devices, a few of them had the Control Use for both On and Off set to “Off” on the Status Graphics page: Pool Heater, Pool Pump, Spa Heater, Spa Pump.

I fixed them on my system, but wanted to let you know in case you want to catch it in the next release for others who are installing for the first time. (In case they want to use the devices with Alexa or Google home, JSON interface, etc).

Thanks.

Comment

Hi mda,

Great news... Happy to hear its all going.... Please do let me know if your having any issues.

And yep, Next time im in there ill try and solve that one for you... Good call, At some point i intend to set the heaters up as a thermostat interface so they should be visible as devices in Google home... but just haven't got there yet...

I Know fwolferd setup his voice commands as well... So should get it sorted out for you both.

Thanks again for all the assistance with testing.

Thanks.
                    Mat

Comment

Thanks!

Will test it all out and let you as soon as I have a block of time to dedicate to it (might not be until next weekend, sorry).

I did just play with the lights briefly and they are not working entirely correctly... I owe you a detailed bug report but the short version is:

A) when I select a color, the pull down menu shows the color above the one I just selected as soon as I let go, then quickly switches to “on” instead of the selected color (perhaps that last part is intentional?)

B) when I select a color the light does not always switch all the way to color I selected. The spa seems to behave differently than the pool although I think the are the same lights.

I will do more thorough testing with debug logging on and send you a useful bug report when I can get the time.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

Hi Mda,

To be honest i suspected the Lights may cause a drama, I cannot see from the protocol if the system Turns it off before going to the right colour....

The Part A you mention is how the Protocol works... It doesn't feed the colour selected back through the feed... Just that the light is On.... so unfortunately cant give you colour feedback.

But happy to work through if the colours dont move to the right colour... Just need to know if they are 1 colour before, or 1 colour after.

And next weekend is all good, As long as the main items are working then I think we call this one a Win....

Thanks
                        Mat

Comment

Mat_Budden Hi Mat, I noticed when I setup Value Ranges on the Status Graphics tab for my plugin devices to add formatting (such as suffixes like % or RPM) they do not appear. I also notice the plugin fills in the "String" field directly (I am not sure if that is the reason since I am not an HS3 expert but I notice other plugin devices that do use the Value Range formatting don't have String filled in, but do have Value filled in).

I also notice that the Status Screen Devices don't all have the "Value" field filled in. This might make it hard to trigger events on value changes from these devices

Here are some screen shots to explain what I am seeing. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 10.15.48 AM.png
Views:	119
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	1332516

Name:	2-Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 10.15.31 AM.png
Views:	100
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	1332517

Name:	3-Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 10.16.01 AM.png
Views:	115
Size:	386.4 KB
ID:	1332518

Comment

Hi Mda,

Thanks for the note... Your right, Looking at the setting of the value it misses the actual value and sets the text only.....

Ill make a change and likely forward you a version via PM and if all is well ill push that up to be released...

Apart from that is it all running well?

Thanks
                            Mat

Comment

Originally posted by Mat_Budden View Post
                              Hi Mda,

Thanks for the note... Your right, Looking at the setting of the value it misses the actual value and sets the text only.....

Ill make a change and likely forward you a version via PM and if all is well ill push that up to be released...

Apart from that is it all running well?

Thanks
                              Mat
                              I think so, though I won’t have time to sit down and do proper testing for a few days.

Comment

My "Status" child device always says nothign is on but I can see that the pumps are running in homeseer.

Is this on all of them or only mine?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X