Initial Release.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mda,

No worries, Let me know when your ready.

Thanks
    Mat

Comment

Hi Integlikewhoa,

The Status device doesn't update dynamically, it Polls the status webpage every 30 times it Polls the device status if that makes sense, So it may not be as quick as the rest of the devices.

However i can see from the above, The Pump came on at 10:01 and the status still has not changed after 5 min, So ill have to look into it.

So couple questions, Firstly is it working now?

Secondly can you get 10 min or so of logs so i can review.

and lastly, Hows it all going apart from that, Is the Communication Issue you had earlier resolved?

Thanks
      Mat

Comment

Originally posted by Mat_Budden View Post
        Hi Integlikewhoa,

The Status device doesn't update dynamically, it Polls the status webpage every 30 times it Polls the device status if that makes sense, So it may not be as quick as the rest of the devices.

However i can see from the above, The Pump came on at 10:01 and the status still has not changed after 5 min, So ill have to look into it.

and lastly, Hows it all going apart from that, Is the Communication Issue you had earlier resolved?

Thanks
        Mat

No still not working. I did try to delete the child device and uncheck recheck in the settings to recreate it in hopes it might start working. Not sure if that made it worse but it sure didn't help it. Pushing the poll button next to it triggers a message in the HS log but doesn't update the status to anything different or last changed time since it doesn't change.

Attached is the current pic this morning at 11:05am pump has been running since 10am this morning.

I have tried to attached the log, but it's just to big of a file. .RAR is the compression I use but is not allowed as upload. What other options you got?

I have not had the communication issue again that I have seen.

Honestly I'm not really using the plugin at all. I just pop in on it maybe once a day or less to see what it says in the web UI. I don't have any events on it I don't have it setup in my mobile either. I also am several hundred miles away from the pool and only see it every few months. So I'm not the best beta tester. Honestly I haven't even tried to turn on or off anything except the 1st day I installed the plugin. Right now pool is just running on it's schedule and i'm just checking to see if the status shows what it should be doing.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Integlikewhoa,

Thanks
          Mat
          Hi Mat,

I just noticed the same problem. Status said "no devices are currently on" even though system has been up and running for a while. Last update time on the status device is greater than 30 minutes ago. I clicked the "Poll" button but it did not update and update time did not change on the device. Restarting the plugin solved it. Sorry i did not have logging on.

If it happens again i will test with logging.

integlikewhoa you are not alone

Comment

Mat_Budden i did some testing and found the following issues;

1. When the Spa Pump is not on and i turn the Spa Heater on, the Sp Heater HS3 device "On" button is not underlined and the "Off" button does not do anything (won't turn the heater off). If the Spa pump is on, the Spa Heat device on/off buttons work fine. (I suspect, but did not test, the Pool Heat device would have the same problem if the pool filter was not running). I suspect this is because with the pump is not running the heater goes into an on/idle state rather than an on/heating state and the code might not be setting the on/off button states if it goes into the on/idle state (you do show a different status for the different heater states).

2. I made a new status search device "Priming" expecting that it would change depending on whether "Priming" was shown in status or not, but it still shows "*** Priming ***" regardless of whether the word "Priming" is present in Status. If status search devices are not supposed to work that way, then no worries, my mistake.

3. Pool Salinity and Spa Salinity devices say "not in use" (apologies if you already told me these won't work, no worries, i can just delete them. I created a scree search device for "Salt" which works)

4. I will keep an eye out for Status getting stale

5. I need to go through the detailed testing of the lights and get you data on the issues there, but have to wait until i can test at night.. might be a few more days.

Otherwise, all of my other devices are working great!

Debug log attached and here are a couple screen shots.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1_spa_heater_buttons_when_spa_not_on.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1334235

Click image for larger version

Name:	2_priming_screen_search_device.png
Views:	128
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	1334236

Comment

Originally posted by mda View Post

Hi Mat,

I just noticed the same problem. Status said "no devices are currently on" even though system has been up and running for a while. Last update time on the status device is greater than 30 minutes ago. I clicked the "Poll" button but it did not update and update time did not change on the device. Restarting the plugin solved it. Sorry i did not have logging on.

If it happens again i will test with logging.

integlikewhoa you are not alone
              I just checked in on it and even though pump is running I still show "No devices are currently on". I tried restarting the plugin and still the same. My last update time was 9:54am and pool runs from 10am to 4pm everyday. Pushing poll button did nothing now either.

Comment

Hi Integlikewhoa and Mda.

Thanks for the messages,

So it looks like the Status screen feed goes "Dead" after a while... Which makes sense from the point of view of the APP and Web Portal from Zodiac.... Would you believe that the time update on the portal is sent every second to change the time on the screen... Ancient methodology....

I did have some trouble when first playing with the status scraping where it would go dead after 1 minute, It was due to polling it to fast... I think this is likely the opposite... So ill have to make a change to "Refresh" the web view every 20 min or so to make sure its live... The fact you said restarting the plugin fixed it is the telltale sign, as it would create a fresh webscreen.

Integlikewhoa, I would still like your logs, How big is the file? could it be emailed? and lastly did restarting the plugin solve the issue (At least in the short term)

Ill try and get onto this today and get something for you both to test.

Mda,

Answers to your questions.

1. When the Spa Pump is not on and i turn the Spa Heater on, the Sp Heater HS3 device "On" button is not underlined and the "Off" button does not do anything (won't turn the heater off). If the Spa pump is on, the Spa Heat device on/off buttons work fine. (I suspect, but did not test, the Pool Heat device would have the same problem if the pool filter was not running). I suspect this is because with the pump is not running the heater goes into an on/idle state rather than an on/heating state and the code might not be setting the on/off button states if it goes into the on/idle state (you do show a different status for the different heater states). - I think i have a lock in place in the code... I will nut this out... Is it ok to use your system for testing?

2. I made a new status search device "Priming" expecting that it would change depending on whether "Priming" was shown in status or not, but it still shows "*** Priming ***" regardless of whether the word "Priming" is present in Status. If status search devices are not supposed to work that way, then no worries, my mistake. - It should pick it up.... Ill have a look.

3. Pool Salinity and Spa Salinity devices say "not in use" (apologies if you already told me these won't work, no worries, i can just delete them. I created a scree search device for "Salt" which works) - Yep this is correct, The way the Aquapure system works doesnt feed info in the base feed, Unfortunately Status device is the only way for this system.

4. I will keep an eye out for Status getting stale - I think i have enough info to fix this one.

5. I need to go through the detailed testing of the lights and get you data on the issues there, but have to wait until i can test at night.. might be a few more days. - All Good.

Thanks
                Mat

Comment

Is it ok to use your system for testing?
                  Yes of course!

Comment

Hey Mat,
                    Awesome plugin so far. Something i noticed when setting up my Alexa to work with this is that it adds the pool and spa temp settings as a light switch, not a thermostat. In the settings for my thermostat under the advanced tab it shows
                    Device Type Internal Thermostat API, Type: Thermostat Setpoint, SubType: Cooling 1
                    but under the Advanced Tab for the pool and spa it shows
                    Device Type Internal Plug-In API, Type: Plug-In Type 20010, SubType:
                    Is this something you can fix? Can you have it set as a thermostat instead of a switch?

Thanks

Comment

OOPS looks like you already noticed that and will get to it at some point

Comment

Hi Doomngloom,

Thanks for the note and Support.

I have not implemented the Thermostat interface just yet, However i do plan to (I have it enabled in my Samsung Plugin, So i am aware of what i need to do... Shouldn't take to long to implement.)

Will try and get it done in the coming week or so.

Thanks
                        Mat

Comment

Hi All,

General update, I have be unable to tidy up the few things just yet as i have been away with my day job. I am back and will have a look at them in the next week... Apologies for the delay, But i assume by the lack of posts that most things are working ok...

Thanks everyone for the support.

Thanks
                          Mat

Comment

Hi All,

General update, I have be unable to tidy up the few things just yet as i have been away with my day job. I am back and will have a look at them in the next week... Apologies for the delay, But i assume by the lack of posts that most things are working ok...

Thanks everyone for the support.

Thanks
                            Mat
                            I have been quiet as my trial has expired.

I'll follow along and will likely jump back onboard after HS4 updates and the plugin progresses a bit. So far the plugin was just a cool new toy to poke at but was not really doing anything for my pool.

I probley should start another thread about things you use the plugin for. That would probley spark me to play with the plugin again.

Comment

Hello;

I recently added this plug-in. It seems to be working except it is missing an option to add devices for AUX-B1-B7, which in my case B1-B4 are used. Should they be showing up in the Config page?
                              Also it seems that when I choose a color (such as Caribean it actually selects and displays Romance?
                              Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Hi amarsh,

Thanks for the message, MDA told me that the colours are slightly off earlier, But we have not had a chance to catch up and work through it.... I dont have the lights, so i just used the App to setup the colours, So it may be 1 colour off on the list... If you can tell me if Romance is before or after Caribbean that would be great, Should be an easy fix... If its off by a few then ill need to dig a bit deeper and map the whole protocol (I presumed they are in the order they are listed, Eg the first is 1 and so on... But they may not be.)

As for the AUX problem, I did make changes before to suit the larger systems, But have never encountered a B range, What is your system? and do you have 2 RS power centers linked together?

I you could use the Log file option to save 5 or so minutes of your data and post it i should be able to enable it no worries.

Thanks
                                Mat

Comment

Working...
                                X