Initial Release.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sami,

Thanks for your message, Happy to take a look see at that one for you, Can you enable Logging mode in the settings and then re-create the problem? Unfortunately i am in Australia and there isnt much chance that i will ever need Freeze Protect so i wont be able to replicate it on my system to test it.

Once you catch the log can you private message it to me and i will take a look and find out whats going on for you.

Thanks
    Mat

Comment

Hi All,

The Previous Beta seems to have addressed most issues, So it has been submitted for release.

There is a new beta 1.2.0.2 available as of now that addresses the device offline issues, Please let me know if your device physically goes offline, but the plugin does not update.

I will work on the Freeze Protect as soon as i get a log file of the problem.

Please keep any bug reports coming in, I will address them as soon as I can. Hopefully in the coming weeks i will be able to enable a full thermostat for the Pool and Spa interfaces so they work with Alexa and Google.

Thanks all for the support.

Thanks
      Mat

Comment

Hello Mat,

Sent you the log. As well, you might be able to fake Freeze Protect on iAquaLink by setting a higher freeze-point... don't exactly know how high a freeze-point temp it will let you do.

Comment

Originally posted by mda View Post
          Mat_Budden I know I owe you a detailed test of the Jandy LED lights with the new version. ...
          Mat_Budden I tested the Jandy LED lights with 1.2.0.1 and it seems to almost always be 1 color ahead:

- if I select “On” I get Alpine White (which makes sense), but...

- if I select Alpine White (color 1) I get Sky Blue (color 2).

- If I select Sky Blue (color 2) I get Cobalt Blue (Color 3)

- If I select Cobalt Blue (Color 3) I get Caribbean Green (color 4)

- and so on...

Once in a while, if I select Cobalt Blue I get Cobalt Blue (which is good) and the pull down menu changes to say “Sky Blue” (instead of switching to say “Off” for a moment then “On”), which is bad . Sadly, I can’t figure out how to replicate this. It happened 2 or 3 times out of perhaps 50 light color selections during my testing.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can test for you and feel free to connect to my system and test directly if you would like to.

Thanx!

Comment

Hi Sami,

Good point, Ill give it a go, Hopefully today.

Thanks.
            Mat

Comment

MDA,

Thanks for the note, Interesting that they are still out, I had another user test and he said the lights were one colour ahead, So i change the plugin to be -1 if that make sense and he reporting it to be working.... Perhaps its easier if i just add an "Offset" option and you can select to move it... There may be something weird happening for specific controllers?

Ill have a look at implementing it today.

Thanks
              Mat

Comment

Originally posted by Mat_Budden View Post
                MDA,

Thanks for the note, Interesting that they are still out, I had another user test and he said the lights were one colour ahead, So i change the plugin to be -1 if that make sense and he reporting it to be working.... Perhaps its easier if i just add an "Offset" option and you can select to move it... There may be something weird happening for specific controllers?

Ill have a look at implementing it today.

Thanks
                Mat
                Great idea!

Comment

Hi Mat, thank you for this plug in. I have some basic questions. Do I need an Autelis device for the plug in to work or will my old Jandy RS serial interface work? Or does the iAqualink web connect device make both of those obsolete and allow local computer control?
                  Also, I'm contemplating a set up with a pool/spa combination (equipment servicing one or the other) and an entirely separate spa. Will the plug in handle effectively two pools with different controllers, or do I run two different versions of the plug in? I'm still in the design stage and trying to figure out which electronics to get. HS3 integration will be an important factor for me. Thanks

Comment

You need iAqualink control for this plugin. Think iAqualink 2.0 kit is the newest setup (probley like 500 to 600). Autelis is a different plugin if you have that.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                      You need iAqualink control for this plugin. Think iAqualink 2.0 kit is the newest setup (probley like 500 to 600). Autelis is a different plugin if you have that.
                      Thanks. I have been using a Jandy serial interface. It sound like that has been superceded by the iAqualink 2.0 kit and no other hardware is needed for HS3 communication.

I could still use some insight as to whether the iAqualink 2.0 and the plug in can handle 2 separate pools and would appreciate any guidance from this board on that.

Comment

Can't help you there, only have one pool and havent seen anyone try it out with two. I would assume Mat could test it or you could install multiple instances of the plugin.

Comment

Hi Jono,

The Plugin works with the Iaqualink Product, At the moment all pool and spa products are working, the standalone pump controller is working, the Heatpump and Robotic Cleaner are not currently supported as i dont have one to test (Although there is a cleaner selling second hand locally, so im hoping to get that if the price comes down, There is nearly a $1000 differnce in price from the non wifi to the Iaqualink version... Its ridiculous.). Having said all that I will get them to work as soon as someone is able to test, or i get one of those devices.

The Local controllers are not supported, So the RS Serial Interface, and the Autelis systems are out... Also the Projects on Github that have into the RS485 lines are out as well... I do have plans to potentially include the RS485 but it may be its own plugin as there are some peices of info that are not passed to the Iaqualink that i want on my system (I have a Salt Water Chlorinator and the errors don't show in Iaqualink.)

So ultimately Iaqualink will work and if you do have any issues ill fix them (As you can see from the thread there was a bit involved in getting it all working with each users system).

So onto the next question, Will the plugin handle multiple pools... The Answer is Yes.... And it can do 2 different types of setups... If you have 2 Iaqualink units fully standalone from each other but both linked to the same Iaqualink account then the plugin will natively pick them up and you can select Items to add devices. You will see on the documents the setup pages shows devices by there serial number and then the supported device Eg Spa Temp, Spa Set point etc etc... and the AUX and Onetouchs that come with each controller...

The Plugin will also support RS systems that are linked together in a "Master" and "Slave" Setup, There is one other user who was kind enough to supply his log file so I could add support. You can join up to 4 RS units together (In Supported Firmware Revisions) and have 1 Iaqualink transmitter attached to the master Unit, All devices and sub devices will work in this setup.

Please let me know if any of this doesn't make sense.

Thanks
                          Mat

Comment

Integlikewhoa,

Thanks for helping out answering Jono's Question.

Thanks
                            Mat

Comment

I have also gone through the lights with my Jandy iAqualink system - I have Jandy LED lights - and it is one off, as mentioned above. So if I want a particular color, I have to pick the one previous to it, and I get the one I want. Let me know if I can provide anything to help sort this out. Thank you!
                              MD

Comment

OMG I bought a house just for this plug in......... I can't wait to get HS4 with this plug in...

Devoir

Comment

Working...
                                X