Jandy iAqualink Spa Mode/Heater Not Responding Correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jandy iAqualink Spa Mode/Heater Not Responding Correctly

I have an event that notifies me the date and time I turn on/off the Spa Pump and Spa Heater. I'm using it to track the number of times it is used in a month and correlate costs.

If I turn on the Spa/Heater from Homeseer, then the notifications work correctly. However, if I turn them on via the iAqualink app on my iPhone, Homeseer sees that they have been turned on by the status change on the Device page, but no notifcations are sent of the change in status. Suggestions on why this is not working as I would like to use it? Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Davison Event.png
Views:	1253
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	1354890
    [ATTACH]n1354891[/ATTACH]

Matt, attached is a debug file of a simple event I put in to show you what is happening. This one monitors the status of the pool pump, and if turned on, sends me a text. I used the iAqualink app and turned it on, verified that the status changed in Homeseer, and then turned it off, verified status changed, and then collected the log from those actions. The event does not fire when the pump changes to on.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mdavison,

Apologies that the plugin is giving you issues... I have a couple of other bugs to fix today, So ill try and setup the event you have setup and get it working for you in todays Beta.

Will let you know once out.

Thanks
      Mat

Comment

Great. Tonight the pump ran as freeze protection and I’d like to keep track of those hours during the winter. Your app will be most helpful!

Comment

Hi Mdavison,

Thanks for the note, Just an Update, i have been hampered by some other interruptions, Will get onto it ASAP

Thanks.
          Mat

Comment

Hi Mdavison.

I have just spent some time on this, And it appears to be working as expected.... So, the heater devices get set 3 different Values.... When they are fully off they have 0 as there value, When they are On (Or Enabled) but not heating they have a Value of 3 (= On in Homeseer) and when they flick over to heating they have Value of 1 (Also = On in Homeseer), I didnt setup proper value pairs for these values, Apologies for that.

The Text Status will show "Off" "On - Not Heating" and "On - Heating" at the right times.

I was also able to have the status update correctly if i changed the settings or turned the heater off on my system or on the Iaqualink App.

I do plan in improving this to get it working with Google Assistant as a thermostat device, However i just have not got to it.

Could you adjust your event to look at the device values as numbers and see if that will work?

If not, please let me know exactly what your expecting here and ill try and change it to suit.

Thanks
            Mat

Comment

I am away from my HS3 computer, but remotely downloaded the beta and installed it. I tried a couple of things - pump on/pump off, heater on/off, and don't see any change in the behavior. However, when I get home tonight I will restart HS3 and see if it is because I have not restarted HS3. Will follow up. Thanks again.
              MD

Comment

Hi Matt,

Restarted HS3. Turned the pool pump on via the iAqualink app, let it run 1 minute, and then turned off. Saw the status change on your plugin, but no notification from my 2 events Davison Pool Events.pdf Davison Pool On-Off Pump.txt . Attached is the log and my 2 events. BTW, events work fine if the pump turned on/off through your plugin.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mdavison,

Thanks for the note, and apologies this was not fixed, The status updates where not set to trigger, So i have changed them all to suit this purpose.

Beta 1.2.0.4 should resolve your Events, Please let me know if everything is ok.

Thanks
                  Mat

Comment

I am tagging to this post since it is related. I am using the beta 1.2.0.6, although I did start with the released version first.

Both of these will allow me to use HS3 to turn on the heater. Once the heater goes to a state of "ON - Not heating", it will not allow me to turn off the heater. I can turn it off via my android app or the zodiac webpage, and HS3 will properly reflect the status.

This is true for both the pool and spa heater.

Comment

Hi Redbaron73,

First of all apologies for the delayed response, Sorry to hear you are having trouble, I will be looking at a few things tonight so ill take a look at that one and see if i can see a bug.

Thanks
                      Mat

Comment

Working...
                      X