Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool Temperature - Storing in Virtual Device

Matt,

This may not be the proper place to ask this question, but I will anyway. I have some HSTouch screens that show the water temperature when the pump is running, from your app. I want a virtual device that reflects the temperature that your app collects from iAqualink while the pool is on. I'd like the latest temperature to show, even when the pump is not running, and I think the virtual device is the easiest way for me to capture this data. But I'm missing something in getting it - do you know what parameter I should pass to the virtual device? I tried this device string: "IAqualink - Q8B367VCNWUQ Air Temp" but that doesn't seem correct. Your guidance appreciated.

I have not yet used Mat’s plug in, but I think you could do this by writing an event triggered by a change to the device as long as the device does not equal the value that the plug in returns when the pump is off. If for example that is -999, then you would trigger with a device change if the value is not -999, and then ups the value to your virtual device.

Comment

Was able to achieve this by using the Easy Trigger Plugin. Probably another way, but this worked out for me. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Mdavison.

Good to see you were able to get a solution, I am happy to make a change so the temp devices will work like this on a switch if you prefer?

Please let me know.

Thanks
        Mat

Comment

Working...
        X