Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salt Levels

Hi Mat.

I think you are doing a screen scrape to get the Status info from iAqualink when the pump is running. Is there a way to grab just the Salt Level from that page and make it a device in your app that I could use to monitor my salt level? The Pool Salinity that you have does not function with my pool setup for whatever reason. Or do you have another suggestion as to how I can get that piece of data? Thanks again.

Hi Mdavison.

Apologies, I didn't even see this thread start.

So, In short yes you can, For the Scraped devices these are available by adding a "Status" device on the config page, To make this work you enter the word you are looking for on that screen, So enter "Salt" and it will create a device and read that line, It will auto remove the word you put in.

It should show a string saying "500 ppm" or something like that, If you want a raw number there will be a checkbox next to the status device that allows it to be only a number.

You can create a Status device for any piece of text displayed on the Web Status screen.

Please give that a go and let me know if you have any trouble.

Thanks
    Mat

Comment

I've got things working with that. Thanks Mat! This app has really helped me take pool automation and control to the next level via Homeseer.

Comment

Exactly the info I was looking for! I now have a 3 color status on one of my switches. Green within the salinity levels, yellow getting low, red - add salt.

Comment

Matt,

Unless I am missing something, the salt level does not appear to update unless I access the status page from the iAquaLink web UI.

Comment

mdavison Are you able to do anything with the salt level values? It doesn't seem like any of my events are picking up a change in the number.

Comment

Hi Pittperson,

Apologies for the delay, Hmmm no idea, It should restart the scraping if it doesn't get a value after 10 mins from memory.... Can you try one thing for me, Power off your Aqualink, wait 1 min and put it back on and re-try..... I have had an experience where my values locked up and no matter what they would change turned out the aqualink caused it....

If not, let me know and we can get some logs and ill try and rectify it for you.

Thanks
              Mat

Comment

Mat_Budden I am getting new values, but unless I am doing something wrong, I can’tdo anything with the salt number.

I choose number only and just want to switch an LED color when the value changes.

Comment

I created a virtual davice - Virtual Salt Level - and have an event that when it sees the pump is on, it copies the salt value into the virtual device. Uses the free EasyTrigger plugin to copy the level. That way I have it available to me even when the pump is not on.

Comment

Hi All,

Apologies for the delay, I know what the issue may be, Its likely the plugin itself is not triggering the Event for a value change... I will review this in the next version and likely turn it on.

Will keep you updated.

Thanks
                    Mat

Comment

Originally posted by Mat_Budden View Post
                      Hi All,

Apologies for the delay, I know what the issue may be, Its likely the plugin itself is not triggering the Event for a value change... I will review this in the next version and likely turn it on.

Will keep you updated.

Thanks
                      Mat
                      This would be great to have fixed!

Comment

Hi All,

I have looked into this, It should have already been fixed as of Beta 1.2.0.6, Can you please confirm if your using the latest Beta?

I have flagged it for release so should be the main plugin in the next 24 or so hours.

Please let me know if the issue still exists in this version.

Thanks
                        Mat

Comment

I am at 1.2.0.6 and can't get this event to fire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	salt-device.PNG
Views:	207
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1395183

Name:	salt-object.PNG
Views:	178
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1395184

Name:	low-salt.PNG
Views:	195
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1395186

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Pittperson,

Thanks for the message, Let me look into that, I should have time over the weekend. I may have missed the scraped devices when i made the changes to Event firing.

Thanks
                            Mat

Comment

Hi All,

I have just uploaded a New Beta which should resolve this problem, Apologies i missed it in earlier Betas.

Please let me know if you have any issues and if its working.

Thanks for your support.

Mat.

Comment

Working...
                              X