Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light control not working

Hi,

I am using the Beta version of the plugin to control my iAqualink system. I cannot turn the light on or off using the plugin. The seems to control the other functions correctly. I can use the iAqualink web app to control the light and colors, as well as the AquaLink handheld device, only the plugin doesn't seem to be working. Are there any configurations that fix this issue?

Thanks,
    Lou

Hi, I just wanted to check in and see if you had any ideas of how I could get the iAqualink plugin to control my system. As I mentioned before the other functions appear to be working fine, it is just the pool light that is not working. The iAqualink mobile app is able to control the and change colors.

Thanks,
    Lou

Comment

Hi Lou,

Sorry for the Delay, I missed all the New Thread entirely.... Forums are not my thing.

So, The Plugin is compatible with the 4 versions of Light i can setup in my Controller, However, there are many different controller versions so yours may not... Can you let me know what lights your using, And i am happy to work with you to remotely debug and add control.

Thanks
      Mat

Comment

Mat, I’m just finishing building my pool and I want to make sure I can control the lights with your plug in. I am supposed to be getting the pentair intellibrite lights. Will those work? If not can you suggest models that you know will work. I will be using the Jandy iAquaLink system. Pool equipment should be running by early July. COVID shutdowns delayed our construction schedule. I am excited to try your plug in soon.

Comment

Hi Jono,

The Intellibrite does appear to be supported, However i suggest checking the Compatibility with your installer to confirm it will work with your power center (Not worried about my plugin, But i know some things are firmware dependent on the actually jandy power center.)

The Plugin will recognize it, and there is a configurable offset in the config page incase the colours are off compared to the plugin, So all in all should work fine.

If you do find any issues let me know and ill be happy to work through them.

Thanks
          Mat

Comment

Mat,

I am in the same boat as Jono as my pool will be up and running a little later this month. I am very excited to your plugin. I did read your original post about the plug in and noticed you mentioned something about a specific cleaner. "I am particularly interested in anyone who has an Iaqualink controlled Cleaner (Eg Zodiac VX65IQ here in Aus, I believe its Rebranded in the US as a Polaris 9650IQ)" I will have one of these running on my pool and would like to know if you have it working you or if I could be your Guinea pig for it.

Thanks Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the note and interest for the plugin.

And That would be great... I have been chasing that device for a while now, So if your willing i am happy to give you a free license for the plugin once we get it all working...

Let me know when you have it running.

Thanks
              Mat

Comment

Hi Mat,
                Finally getting my pool up and running. The electricians are here today wiring things. On the Intellibrite lights, there appears to be an Intellibrite controller which chooses the color or color scheme. That appears to be powered by a relay in the Jandy controller box. I'm wondering how the Zodia iAqualink plug in can control the colors if the Jandy box only has the on off relay.
                My old pool lights had a feature where power cycling the light a certain number of times would allow selection of the color. I'm wondering if the Jandy power center is essentially automating that method. If so, I don't think I would need the Intellibrite controller as the Jandy powercenter could just do the color selection. I'd appreciate any advice on this from you or other participants in this forum. Thanks.
                I'm hoping to have two Jandy powercenters up and running this week. I will have a polaris unit, lights, a spa/pool combo and a solo spa. Would be happy to do any beta testing that could be helpful
                Thanks much
                Jono

Comment

Hi Jono,

Apologies for the delay, So, With the Intellibrite i am not sure how the Aqualink can control the colour, from what i have read (As i have none of the lights that are compatible with my Aqualink) they use the power on and off method... You would have to ensure with you installer that the Aqualink can change the colour.... I know Intellibrite lights are compatible, but cant say for sure which exact models are compatible if that makes sense.

If the Intellibrite has its own Wifi connection or something like that i am happy to try and add support, But will need assistance so i can reverse engineer the protocol and do some testing.

And with the Polaris, Are you talking about the cleaner? Yell out once you get it going and we can give it a go.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
                  Mat

Comment

Originally posted by Mat_Budden View Post
                    Hi Jono,

Apologies for the delay, So, With the Intellibrite i am not sure how the Aqualink can control the colour, from what i have read (As i have none of the lights that are compatible with my Aqualink) they use the power on and off method... You would have to ensure with you installer that the Aqualink can change the colour.... I know Intellibrite lights are compatible, but cant say for sure which exact models are compatible if that makes sense.

If the Intellibrite has its own Wifi connection or something like that i am happy to try and add support, But will need assistance so i can reverse engineer the protocol and do some testing.

And with the Polaris, Are you talking about the cleaner? Yell out once you get it going and we can give it a go.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
                    Mat
                    Mat
                    I am up and running. This is a great plug in. I have a Polaris cleaner and pool/spa combo, and a separate spa. Happy to do any beta testing.
                    Also, since I have two pools, I’m wondering if I can change the “Room” designation away from “zodiac” to a friendly name to designate each pool. I know I can do it manually but don’t want to mess anything up so figured I would ask first. Thanks
                    jono

Comment

Hi Jono,

Thanks for the Message, So you have the Polaris Sport IQ cleaner? if your willing id love to add support for it... Would you be willing to share you Iaqualink Details so i can debug the protocol? All good if your not willing. Send me a PM and let me know the details and what times i can do some testing (Ideally when your around the unit, I dont like the idea of remotely playing with a system half way across the world without someone close to keep an eye on it.) and we can get cracking.

And to answer the question yep you can change the Device names and Rooms no problem.

Thanks
                      Mat

Comment

Working...
                      X