Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to tell if pump is running?

Hi Mat -

I just installed the plug-in and see it recognized as a device. However, the options I see when trying to create an event are extremely limited. This may be a function of the Jandy iQPUMP01. All I'm really trying to do is say "is the pump currently running?" Maybe you could suggest a syntax or value.

I see two devices:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MARS-2020-05-22 11_12_43-HomeSeer Web Control.png
Views:	171
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1387760

In the event, I was hoping to see something like "Pump has been ON for at least X minutes." But instead the only options are custom value or Error State. What custom value would indicate it's running?

Name:	pumpevent.png
Views:	171
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	1387761

Thanks again. Sorry if these are really basic questions. I am very new to this stuff.

nordicnn, you can create an event which starts a timer when the pump turns on, and then use that timer as a basis to trigger your Main Pump event. You can have the timer stop via another event that sees the pump turn off. And in the Main Pump event, just reset/restart the timer depending on what you want the timer to be doing.

Comment

Thanks mdavison . I think that is basically what I want to do -- just as you described. However, I can't figure out the syntax for seeing if the pump has turned on. The other screenshots I see from folks using this plugin have lots of options and variables. Mine doesn't seem to have anything, making me think it is configured correctly or is not communicating.

Comment

nordicnn, try this:

Name:	Screenshot 2020-05-27 07.58.42.png
Views:	141
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1388911
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for those screenshots. When I specify "Pump Zodiac Pump" and then "changes and becomes," the is no On option. I only get as shown below.

Name:	acqua.png
Views:	144
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	1389295

Comment

Hi Nordicnn,

Apologies for the delay (And thanks again Mdavison for helping out), There is an issue in the plugin i hope to have fixed in the next Beta.

Also, Given your the first Pump only user ill add the other features (From memory you can tell the RPM and Watt's) i have the Pump only controller, ill try and disconnect my System and install it over the weekend to get it all working for you.

Thanks
            Mat

Comment

Thanks so much Mat.

BTW how do I access the beta versions?

Comment

Hi Nordicnn,

Good news, I have added support (Properly) for the IQ Pump, It took a little longer so you cannot control, or edit Schedules yet, But both are on the way (I have reverse engineered the protocol, just have to code it up...) The Protocol was Different than the Controllers, So a bit painful.

Anyhow, You should now see some devices available to you, as well as be able to trigger events now.

Name:	Pump.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1389884
                To See this you will need to install the Beta version 1.2.0.7

It is available on the Manage Plugins screen, Towards the bottom in the "Beta" category.

I will add more support soon, Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

Thanks
                Mat

Comment

Hi Mat

Thanks so much for the quick update. I installed the beta and new see more devices -- including RPM. I know it's beta but a few (maybe) minor things I noticed:

1. The plug-in is listed as version 1.2.0.7 in the beta section, but, when I install it, the version number shows as 1.2.0.6.

Name:	plug06.png
Views:	151
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	1390120Click image for larger version

Name:	plug07.png
Views:	150
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	1390119

2. The list of devices showing on the plug-in config page seem to repeat several times. (Actually, it might be repeating indefinitely. I did a count on the page, and it showed 184 repetitions.)

Name:	device list.png
Views:	121
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1390121

Comment

Hi Nordicnn,

Thanks for confirming.

On the first one, Yep my bad, forgot to update it in code.

On the Second one, Once again, My bad, left out a bit of code to only add the item if its available and not duplicate.

I am working on this now, With any luck ill have a Beta out shortly that should give you control.

Thanks
                    Mat

Comment

Hi Nordicnn,

Good news...

1.2.0.8 Beta is in the portal, I have fixed the 2 issues you highlighted, Along with enabled some controls, So you can turn On, Off and set back to Auto the Pump, You can set a timer (Turning on the pump auto sets 3 hours), You can also change the RPM when using the pump manually.

I have also enabled the Schedule device to show the Schedules.

Please let me know if you find any issues.

Thanks for your support.

Mat.

Comment

Thanks again. I 'tested' 1.2.0.6 last night ("if pump hits 1800 rpm, then turn on deck light"). Worked great.

FYI -- I am not seeing 1.2.0.8 in the beta list.

Comment

Hi Nordicnn,

Sorry the Beta got removed with the Release of 1.2.0.6 into the Main plugin area...

I have pushed it back up, So it will be in the Beta section of the Updater.

Please let me know how you go.

Thanks
                          Mat

Comment

Working...
                          X