X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLRfid plugin not starting after fresh install on Zee S2

I reinstalled installed BLRFID today because I got this error :

Plugin Status:
    WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from BLRfid - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

The plugin was working a month ago, now it does not show up in the HomeSeer Plugin menu.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Welcome to the Homeseer forum Kevin.

now it does not show up in the HomeSeer Plugin menu.

There are two versions posted. 2.0.11.0 and 2.0.17.0

2.0.11.0 never worked in Linux. 2.0.17.0 does work except it disconnects after a few days.

I was working with Bob on this. Thinking I closed the original ticket cuz I saw it working. Then it quit and myself went off to tinkering with something else.

I noticed too that testing with the Windows version of the plugin worked but after a few days would also disconnect.

My new test set up here uses an RS-232 wireless modem good for miles of transmission (well it is not to FCC code here).

I have the RFID device mounted in the garage and it is only utilized for the automobiles. Each automobile has a 12VDC tag in it. Been fine for years now.

The wireless modem is an Ebyte 1 watt transceiver. (very cheap to purchase these days). It will work fine "off the shelf" with no programming.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ebyte.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.1 KB ID:	1350956

This morning reconnected the USB-Serial-E byte Transceiver to the little BeeLink BT3 Pro running HS3 Lite.

I see it working fine:

BTPro_HS3Lite:/dev# miniterm

--- Available ports:
    --- 1: /dev/ttyS0 'ttyS0'
    --- 2: /dev/ttyUSB0 'USB2.0-Ser!'
    --- 3: /dev/ttyUSB1 'USB <-> Serial'
    --- Enter port index or full name: 3
    --- Miniterm on /dev/ttyUSB1 9600,8,N,1 ---
    --- Quit: Ctrl+] | Menu: Ctrl+T | Help: Ctrl+T followed by Ctrl+H ---
    1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1oZL 1oZL 1oZL 1oZL 1oZL 1oZL 1oZL 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL

BTPro_HS3Lite:/dev# cat ttyUSB1
    1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1iSz 1oZL 1root@BTPro_HS3Lite:/dev#

Enabled the RFID plugin.

Clear log function doesn't work in Linux. Not updating logs from what I can see. This keeps up for a while (previously testing) until the plugin no longer sees the serial port. I test the serial port functions via command line and always see it working there.

When I put the plugin in debug mode it locks up with

Error finding plugin in PagePut: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I cannot change it out of debug mode as I cannot access the plugin afterwards. So I shut down HS3 and edit the BLRFID INI file disabling debug.

nano /opt/HomeSeer/Config/hspi_BLRfid.ini

[Settings]
    supportForumUrl=http://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1076
    sendToMessageServerClients=false
    sendToBLBroadcastClients=false
    rfidReceiver1ComPort=/dev/ttyUSB1
    debugLevel=false

If I leave it like this it will eventually lock up HS3 so I quit playing with it a while ago.

Also tested it on HS3 running in Windows and it quits working after a few days.

On HS2 running with the CheaperRFID plugin in Windows server it never quits running.

Update: January 1, 2020

Removed plugin and all data. Reinstalled plugin. Doesn't see data from RFID reciever.

So this version .17 is not working. I know when I was testing there was a version that appeared to work OK,

- Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

How ould you suggest I trigger HomeSeer events based on input from a serial device?

The serial to USB converter supplied by Ananiah Electronics reads correctly using the supplied Plantronics PL2303 Mac OSX driver and CoolTerm Mac application as long as I have CTS and DTR active. I have not had success using a Big5 RS232 profile. I am going to try Drule's IP - Serial plugin and if that fails, I was wondering of using some sort of serial to IP converter at the RFID receiver and trying Big5 to to trigger HomeSeer events on RFID tags received.

If you have traveled this road already, I would appreciate your advice.

Kevin

Comment

First check that you see output from the serial port which should be /dev/ttyUSBXX

Use mini term or just do a cat /dev/ttyUSBXX

Next step is to maybe utilize MQTT. mcsMichael has documented an RFID hardware to MQTT configuration or

Just utilize a serial to MQTT python script.

- Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X