Is this plugin still supported ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this plugin still supported ?

I am thinking of using active rfid tags, and looking at what hardware to buy. Is this plugin still supported ? As far as I understand it only supports the Wavetrend RX-50 and RX-200, will the USB version (I believe they exist ?) work, or is there now other hardware which is also supported ?

Did you ever figure this out? I'm looking into the same thing.

Comment

No, and as I am not getting any response I would not buy into it.

Comment

What's the intended use case of the RFID tags? There may be other options.

Comment

I was going to use it as a additional layer to geofencing to detect phones being at home. I am currently using a combination of geofencing and BLLan, its not bad but one of my phones wifi goes to sleep (changing settings doesnt stop the wifi sleeping), so an additional layer would make it more reliable. Then of course there are additional possibilities. But its mainly for presence/approach detection

Comment

I'm working on a "commercial" grade solution for the presence detection based on vehicles and not phones. Is that something of interest? There is a monthly fee because it is back-ended by a commercial GPS provider but no contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
              No, and as I am not getting any response I would not buy into it.
              I don't believe the developer pmonahan has been getting notifications from this forum. I have adjusted that in the settings so he should start getting them now.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

I don't believe the developer pmonahan has been getting notifications from this forum. I have adjusted that in the settings so he should start getting them now.
                Thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                  I'm working on a "commercial" grade solution for the presence detection based on vehicles and not phones. Is that something of interest? There is a monthly fee because it is back-ended by a commercial GPS provider but no contracts.
                  At the moment it isnt, as my phone is quite reliable (old Samsung Android doesnt have that wifi sleep problem). I am the only one with a car, my wife doesnt drive. But I will soon be upgrading my phone, so it could be of interest in the future. Please keep me in touch with developments. If there is going to be a new thread on your development, could you drop me a pm please ?

Comment

At the moment it isnt, as my phone is quite reliable (old Samsung Android doesnt have that wifi sleep problem). I am the only one with a car, my wife doesnt drive. But I will soon be upgrading my phone, so it could be of interest in the future. Please keep me in touch with developments. If there is going to be a new thread on your development, could you drop me a pm please ?
                    Hopefully in the next month or two I'll be posting more about it. Wanting to gauge interest as the more interest the cheaper I can negotiate pricing with the GPS provider.

Comment

I was going to use it as a additional layer to geofencing to detect phones being at home. I am currently using a combination of geofencing and BLLan, its not bad but one of my phones wifi goes to sleep (changing settings doesnt stop the wifi sleeping), so an additional layer would make it more reliable. Then of course there are additional possibilities. But its mainly for presence/approach detection
                      I'm doing the same thing with BLLAN but same problem... when the phones go to sleep, they can't be pinged. I have noticed that all the phones respond to pings when they're charging.

Comment

I'm doing the same thing with BLLAN but same problem... when the phones go to sleep, they can't be pinged. I have noticed that all the phones respond to pings when they're charging.
                        That's the problem with current "geofence" solutions is they are all phone based (other than home grown RFID) and depending on the make, model, OS, OS Version.... it's a nightmare of unreliability. Lots of people say it's "reliable" then an OS update happens or the "app" is updated/changed and because all of this all make shift there's limited support and ultimately it's not reliable. If I can get one piece of this puzzle resolved with Rich then I may be able to bring to market a system that IS reliable, consistent and commercially backed.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post

That's the problem with current "geofence" solutions is they are all phone based (other than home grown RFID) and depending on the make, model, OS, OS Version.... it's a nightmare of unreliability. Lots of people say it's "reliable" then an OS update happens or the "app" is updated/changed and because all of this all make shift there's limited support and ultimately it's not reliable. If I can get one piece of this puzzle resolved with Rich then I may be able to bring to market a system that IS reliable, consistent and commercially backed.
                          John - Are you referring to the paid service (based on vehicles) that you mentioned above?

Comment

John - Are you referring to the paid service (based on vehicles) that you mentioned above?
                            I'm referring to current offerings that are all phone based. They aren't reliable for the most part. Most users get a degree of reliability for a time but it's fragile at best because of too many uncontrolled elements of change.

A project I'm working on (I posted a thread to get a level of interest) is to provide a reliable/consistent geofence solution.

Comment

I have been using BLRFID and transmitters and receiver initially available on eBay, but now available here: https://www.ananiahelectronics.com/.
                              This has been very solidly stable for me. The transmitters are in each car and are detected nearly 2 blocks away, so they are long range.
                              Elliott
                              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
                              X