Easy to Replace WaveTrend Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy to Replace WaveTrend Batteries

For those that have the iAutomate tags and equipment I am sure you are aware of the lack of iAutomate support. My tag batteries have all been depleted and I decided I would see what was inside the tags. I use a thin blade pocketknife and a small screwdriver and very carefully were able to see what was hidden. I measured the voltage and my meter said "0 Volts". I saw that the TGP-A Personnel/Windshield battery was soldered in once on each side of the small board that was held in place by some glue that look like rubber cement. I ordered the battery with attached tags for neg and pos. The battery was a 2450 battery that has a yellow band. I desoldered and soldered in the new battery. Scraped off the glue on the gray housing, used a toothpick with glue and applied it sparely to make it easy the next time.

The TGA-A Bolt on Waterproof was very hard to break in to. I ended up using a rough rasp and very carefully shaved my way into the unit. On the inside of the bolt-on was a nice surprise which was a simple coin battery (2450) that just slides into it holder without any soldering. The bolt-on is now in a different package (and not very attractive). I don't care how it looks since it only see's daylight when the postman opens the mailbox. If you have some tags that long ago stop working, then go for it, and you might find they will be like new again. All of my tags have worked liked they were new for the last few weeks for the price of a few dollars for each tag.
Working...
X