Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Empty RFID status screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    It looks to me like there are several issues here...

    The first is that Homeseer was running and so some files were not installed; but that's probably OK.

    Second is that the RFID plug in files were not replaced And this is correct, they should not have been.

    Third, the RFID Status Utility files were properly extracted.

    Try emptying you browser cache to see if the java files from 1.3 are being stored. Then close browser. Then re-launch the browser and utility.

    Thanks

    Peter


    Originally posted by seguinr
    Hi Peter!

    Thank you for the update. I ran the updater and rebooted my computer, but it seem to make no difference on the version of the utility: it's still old v1.3. In Homeseer's log, i've notice "updater warning" during the process:

    2006-12-12 21:39:01 - Updater - Starting installation of updates
    2006-12-12 21:39:01 - Updater - Applying update: iAutomate RFID
    2006-12-12 21:39:07 - Updater - Extracting files from zip file: WebHelp.zip
    2006-12-12 21:39:09 - Updater - Extraction Complete.
    2006-12-12 21:39:09 - Updater - Extracting files from zip file: RFIDstatus.zip
    2006-12-12 21:39:10 - Updater - Extraction Complete.
    2006-12-12 21:39:10 - Updater - Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Docs\iAutomate RFID\Tag Polarization for Maximum Range.pdf
    2006-12-12 21:39:10 - Updater - Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Docs\iAutomate RFID\hspi_RFID License & Disclaimers.pdf
    2006-12-12 21:39:10 - Updater - Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Docs\iAutomate RFID\iAutomate RFID Manual for HomeSeer.pdf
    2006-12-12 21:39:10 - Updater - Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Docs\iAutomate RFID\iAutomate RFID Scripting.pdf
    2006-12-12 21:39:10 - Updater - Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Docs\iAutomate RFID\R500HA Easy Wiring Guide.pdf
    2006-12-12 21:39:11 - Updater - Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Docs\iAutomate RFID\R500 Cable Terminations.pdf
    2006-12-12 21:39:11 - Updater Warning - File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Scripts\iAutomate_TagBattery.vbs
    2006-12-12 21:39:11 - Updater Warning - File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Scripts\iAutomate_TagStatus.vbs
    2006-12-12 21:39:11 - Updater Warning - File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Scripts\iAutomate_TagStatus.vb
    2006-12-12 21:39:11 - Updater Warning - File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Scripts\iAutomateRFID.vbs
    2006-12-12 21:39:11 - Info - Un-registering C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\hspi_RFID.exe with Windows
    2006-12-12 21:39:12 - Info - Wave OUT id: 3
    2006-12-12 21:39:13 - Updater - Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\hspi_RFID.exe
    2006-12-12 21:39:15 - Updater Error - Unable to install files, is HomeSeer running? Please exit it now if so. (Retry in 5 sec.)
    2006-12-12 21:39:15 - Info - Found Hi-Phone audio device: Hi-Phone Desktop USB
    2006-12-12 21:39:20 - Updater - Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\hspi_RFID.exe
    2006-12-12 21:39:21 - Info - Registering C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\hspi_RFID.exe with Windows
    2006-12-12 21:39:23 - Updater - Installation of updates completed

    Should i install manually?

    Thanks!

    Richard

    Comment


    • #17
      Hi Peter,

      Did you guys ever get to the bottom of this??
      I have EXACTLY the same problem, and I only just downloaded and installed Homeseer (latest version) plus the iAutomate RFID plug in yesterday!

      I got a reader to go in, and added a tag. No problems.
      The reader is one of Wavetrends L-RX201 which I gather should work just fine. It certainly does work ok on the wavetrend demo program.

      Like I said, the reader and tags go in on the RFID setup screen, and initialize ok, but I get nothing at all on the RFID Status.

      Like the OP, I get "eader/Tag name" with the initial R missing.
      The version on the bottom right of the applet is v1.3

      I tried accessing it from various PCs and get the same from IE6, IE7 and Firefox.

      Not sure what else you'd need to know?

      Thanks very much
      Poko

      Comment


      • #18
        RFID Status Should be version 1.3.4

        What version of Java are you running ?

        This version requires java v1.5 or later. You can update at http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

        Thanks

        Peter



        Originally posted by pokoman View Post
        Hi Peter,

        Did you guys ever get to the bottom of this??
        I have EXACTLY the same problem, and I only just downloaded and installed Homeseer (latest version) plus the iAutomate RFID plug in yesterday!

        I got a reader to go in, and added a tag. No problems.
        The reader is one of Wavetrends L-RX201 which I gather should work just fine. It certainly does work ok on the wavetrend demo program.

        Like I said, the reader and tags go in on the RFID setup screen, and initialize ok, but I get nothing at all on the RFID Status.

        Like the OP, I get "eader/Tag name" with the initial R missing.
        The version on the bottom right of the applet is v1.3

        I tried accessing it from various PCs and get the same from IE6, IE7 and Firefox.

        Not sure what else you'd need to know?

        Thanks very much
        Poko

        Comment


        • #19
          Hi Peter,
          Can cofirm that Java 1.5 is on every machine I use.
          The download from Java actually states that it is version 5.0 update 11, which is the very latest version.

          Also, how do I check the RFID Status version? I installed it 2 days ago using the homeseer updater, and all of the files contained within the C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\iAutomateRFID\RFIDstatus folder are dated 02/02/2006. Is that correct?

          I checked the file version of the plug in file itself (hspi_RFID.exe), and it is v 1.1.0.0

          When I open the RFID Status page, I get the Java logo up briefly, and then it pops the Readers/Tags applet, which is both empty, and has the first "R" missing.

          Any more thoughts as to what might be the problem?

          Thanks very much for your time

          Poko

          Originally posted by pmonahan View Post
          RFID Status Should be version 1.3.4

          What version of Java are you running ?

          This version requires java v1.5 or later. You can update at http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

          Thanks

          Peter

          Comment


          • #20
            The version is displayed in the bottom right of the Java window.

            Where did you purchase the reader ?


            Originally posted by pokoman View Post

            Also, how do I check the RFID Status version? Poko

            Comment


            • #21
              Sorry, yes, I realise that the version is on the bottom right of the applet. I meant by file versions. I have already said that I downloaded homeseer itself and subsequently the iAutomate RFID plug in a day later, hence I could not possibly have downloaded the 1.3 version rather than the 1.3.4 version, right?

              Where did I purchase the reader? To be honest, I don't remember. It would have been a Wavetrend reseller though. I don't really see how that is relevant, to be honest, as there is nothing wrong with the readers since they work fine within wavetrend's own software.

              Some ideas of what I can check would be appreciated, as we seem to be going over the same things over and over, and I keep re-stating the same things.

              Thanks
              Poko

              Comment


              • #22
                Regretfully, our software is not compatible with any readers other than those purchased from us or an authorized reseller.

                Wavetrend's sofware is completely different than our software, we developed the code separately from Wavetrend's SDK and do not use any of their components.

                Thanks

                Peter

                Originally posted by pokoman View Post
                Where did I purchase the reader? To be honest, I don't remember. It would have been a Wavetrend reseller though. I don't really see how that is relevant, to be honest, as there is nothing wrong with the readers since they work fine within wavetrend's own software.

                Comment


                • #23
                  *sigh*
                  Peter, this has nothing to do with Wavetrend's software. I was simply using that as an example that the RFID tags work. Forget I even mentioned it.
                  You use Wavetrend reader and tags and rebrand them. That's the only reason I mentioned wavetrend.

                  I tried yesterday, a completely clean install of XP, latest Java version, Homeseer and the iAutomate plug in.

                  Whether you have RFID hardware connected or not, the fact remains that the plug in says v1.3 in the corner, and the first line is missing the initial "R" from Reader/Tag.

                  Since it was a clean install, it is a problem with the applet.
                  Can I suggest that you try a clean install on a box? I bet you get the same
                  (I'm not the only one who has this problem!)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    If your reader was not one of our OEM readers, it will not work with our software<b>.</b> They are designed (at great expense) to work together. Our plug-in is free because it only works with our readers. If it were compatible with all WT readers we'd charge a fee for it. Yes the plastic cases look identical.

                    That said, your reader may still work fine with Wavetrend's software, which is just a demo utility. I can't speak to that.

                    The problem you are experiencing is because your browser is truncating the text, probably because the Java applet does not get the proper encryption from the reader and is rejecting the tags. The ".4" is probably being truncated from 1.3. just as the "R" is being cut off of the word Reader. This Java condition is a secondary indicator of the bigger issue; Homeseer is likely rejecting the reader because it is incompatible.

                    Thanks

                    Peter


                    Originally posted by pokoman View Post
                    *sigh*
                    Peter, this has nothing to do with Wavetrend's software. I was simply using that as an example that the RFID tags work. Forget I even mentioned it.
                    You use Wavetrend reader and tags and rebrand them. That's the only reason I mentioned wavetrend.

                    I tried yesterday, a completely clean install of XP, latest Java version, Homeseer and the iAutomate plug in.

                    Whether you have RFID hardware connected or not, the fact remains that the plug in says v1.3 in the corner, and the first line is missing the initial "R" from Reader/Tag.

                    Since it was a clean install, it is a problem with the applet.
                    Can I suggest that you try a clean install on a box? I bet you get the same
                    (I'm not the only one who has this problem!)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Thank you Peter,
                      That might explain the problem then. I didn't realise that the readers would produce a different output, which could affect the java applet.

                      I will buy one of your R500HA's and see how I get on with that.

                      Thank you for your help.

                      Poko

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by pmonahan View Post
                        The problem you are experiencing is because your browser is truncating the text, probably because the Java applet does not get the proper encryption from the reader and is rejecting the tags. The ".4" is probably being truncated from 1.3. just as the "R" is being cut off of the word Reader. This Java condition is a secondary indicator of the bigger issue; Homeseer is likely rejecting the reader because it is incompatible.

                        Thanks

                        Peter
                        Could it be something else? My RFID is fully operational and i still have the truncated "R" and version number. I'm keeping up with all the latest releases (Homeseer, plugins, Windows XP, JAVA). All tags and readers are clearly displayed on the applet, so it's not a big issue.

                        Just wanted to update on that issue!

                        Richard
                        Server: HomeTroller S4
                        Technology: X10, Insteon, iAutomate RFID, W800RF32

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          What browser and version are you using ?

                          What JAVA build are you running ?

                          We tested on a few clean installs and the correct verison is being delivered by the HS Updater.

                          Thanks

                          Peter

                          Originally posted by seguinr View Post
                          Could it be something else? My RFID is fully operational and i still have the truncated "R" and version number. I'm keeping up with all the latest releases (Homeseer, plugins, Windows XP, JAVA). All tags and readers are clearly displayed on the applet, so it's not a big issue.

                          Just wanted to update on that issue!

                          Richard

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X