Error: The network is missing 1 readers, including at least Reader ID 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: The network is missing 1 readers, including at least Reader ID 1

This just started happening this morning and I have had the reader for well over a year, so I am certain that it is not settings, the cable etc. I am running Win XP and the latest version of the HS 2 beta (2.1.173)> I have had the beta installed for about a week, so I don't think that is the conflict either.

If I look at the bottom of the reader all four lights (2 green, 2 amber) flash at the same time. To try and resolve the issue I have:
    • Shut down and restarted the PC serveral times
    • Tried a new serial port
    • Cycled power to the reader
    • Checked all connections
    • Reinstalled the plug-in
    If I run the status page I do get a status on my tags. Wouldn't that mean the reader is doing something. Just before HS "lost" the reader all together I was getting an announcement ever 10 minutes or so that either I or my son had arrived home (based upon a card coming into range), although we and the tags were here in the entire time. I've made no changes to anything on the PC or within HS of late either.

Ideas?

Hmmm... I was just looking at the staus page again and although my wife is now home, the tag in her van does not appear so I guess the status page is just showing whatever the last good data was.

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100&#37;" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/28/2007 3:18:59 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Error: The network is missing 1 readers, including at least Reader ID 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/28/2007 3:18:59 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>The system will remain inoperable until this situation is corrected.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/28/2007 3:18:59 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>-- Automatic Reset/Retry will occur in 1 minute --</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/28/2007 3:19:59 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>RESTART REQUESTED - RESETTING THE RFID NETWORK</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/28/2007 3:20:22 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Error: The network is missing 1 readers, including at least Reader ID 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/28/2007 3:20:22 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>The system will remain inoperable until this situation is corrected.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/28/2007 3:20:22 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>-- Automatic Reset/Retry will occur in 1 minute --</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/28/2007 3:21:22 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>RESTART REQUESTED - RESETTING THE RFID NETWORK</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/28/2007 3:21:46 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Error: The network is missing 1 readers, including at least Reader ID 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/28/2007 3:21:46 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>The system will remain inoperable until this situation is corrected.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/28/2007 3:21:46 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>-- Automatic Reset/Retry will occur in 1 minute --</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/28/2007 3:22:46 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>RESTART REQUESTED - RESETTING THE RFID NETWORK</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/28/2007 3:23:10 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Error: The network is missing 1 readers, including at least Reader ID 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/28/2007 3:23:10 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>The system will remain inoperable until this situation is corrected.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Last edited by Msekelsky; January 28, 2007, 05:36 PM.

Sounds as though maybe your serial port died. Do you have another serial port you can try (or another device you can connect to the serial port to verify its operation?)
    What you describe sounds like the RFID system is not connected to your PC
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

I have tried another port to no avail.

Comment

Can you please confirm that all four lights are actually all flashing at the same time ?

Thanks

Peter

Originally posted by Msekelsky View Post
        If I look at the bottom of the reader all four lights (2 green, 2 amber) flash at the same time.

Comment

I have tried another port to no avail.
          Please email me your iAutomateRFID.ini file to support@iautomate.com

Thanks

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by pmonahan View Post
            Please email me your iAutomateRFID.ini file to support@iautomate.com

Thanks

Peter
            This is odd. I am sure that all the lights were blinking at the same time yesterday, but figured I would give it one more check. When I looked this AM there were only two lights on. The green was solid and the amber blinking I restarted the plugin and now everything is working again.

Is the ini file of any use or only if the issue comes back?

Comment

Let's cross that bridge if we get there. Glad it's working, hard to say with HS Beta Software running.

Peter

This is odd. I am sure that all the lights were blinking at the same time yesterday, but figured I would give it one more check. When I looked this AM there were only two lights on. The green was solid and the amber blinking I restarted the plugin and now everything is working again.

Is the ini file of any use or only if the issue comes back?

Comment

The problem has returned. I will email my ini file. I checked the lights and they go as follows:

Green light on the open jack flashes
                Amber light on the jack I plug into flashes
                All 4 lights flash twice
                Repeat

Comment

I Never received the ini file.

What version of HomeSeer are you running ?

If not HS, then I suspect this is a loose cable or power supply connection or there is a bad termination.

How far away is reader #1 from the PC and are there ferrite chokes installed ?

Can you double check everything ?

Thanks

Peter

The problem has returned. I will email my ini file. I checked the lights and they go as follows:

Green light on the open jack flashes
                  Amber light on the jack I plug into flashes
                  All 4 lights flash twice
                  Repeat

Comment

Hmmm... I looked in my "sent" folder and the message did go to support-AT_iautomate.com. maybe it got caught in a spam filter? I can resend.

Like the last time everything started working about 12 hours later. I am running HS 2.2. I do have the chokes installed. I have double checked everything. the reader is perhaps 35-40 feet of cable from the PC. Everything is located in an area where it is never touched so I know that nothing is getting "bumped."

Comment

I should also mention that prior to HS totally "losing" the reader I will have tags dropping in and out. This started happening again tonight. I can tell as every few minutes HS will announce (for example) that I am "home," (meaning the tag in my car has come into range). Both of the other times that the reader was lost this would happen with all tags for a while. Looking in tonight's log I see a lot of Network successfully reset messages around the time of the announcements.

Comment

The address is support@iautomate.com

Are you using a Serial to USB Converter ?

Do you have a conventional DB9 COM Port you can move the RFID to ?

Peter

Hmmm... I looked in my "sent" folder and the message did go to support-AT_iautomate.com. maybe it got caught in a spam filter? I can resend.

Like the last time everything started working about 12 hours later. I am running HS 2.2. I do have the chokes installed. I have double checked everything. the reader is perhaps 35-40 feet of cable from the PC. Everything is located in an area where it is never touched so I know that nothing is getting "bumped."
                        Last edited by pmonahan; February 20, 2007, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Yes, I am using an Edgeport. That's a good thing to get out of the equation. I do have one physical serial port on the PC. When I get back (out of town right now) I'll swap the RFID to that and see what happens.

Comment

The tags started dropping out again this morning, and then finally the reader again became "lost." I switched the reader to the built-in com port (I only have one) on my PC. It did not resolve the issue. When I put everything back to it's original configuration I included power cycling the reader and now it is working again. I've done this in the past and it has never had any impact, but this is the first time I've been able to "find" the reader in much less than 8-10 hours.

Comment

Mark,

Your signature shows version 2.0.0 of HS

Is that correct ??

If so, please try upgrading HS to 2.2 or later and report your results.

Alos, in your wiring, you have only 4 wires connected to reader one on the left hand port, correct ?

Thanks

Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X