No announcement yet.

Error: The network is missing 1 readers, including at least Reader ID 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... that's odd. I had updated my signature to reflect that I was on 2.2.03, but when I looked at the message I also saw 2.0. Went to the User CP and my signature was correct. Came back and now it is updated. I've been on 2.2 for a while and went to the .03 early last week.

Yes, I am in the left port and only 4 wires are connected. I installed the reader in the spring of '05 and until recetnly all as been fine. Leads me to beleive (OK, hope!) that the cabling is correct.

Comment

Don't know if this is a clue or not, but my log (since about 2 hours ago) is filled with messages like this:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 4:57:48 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 4:58:25 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 4:58:49 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 4:59:00 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 4:59:12 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 4:59:30 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 4:59:55 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 5:00:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Have you measured the power supply and/or checked the DC Plug for the power supply ?

Peter

Originally posted by Msekelsky View Post
        Don't know if this is a clue or not, but my log (since about 2 hours ago) is filled with messages like this:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 4:57:48 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 4:58:25 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 4:58:49 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 4:59:00 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 4:59:12 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 4:59:30 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 4:59:55 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>3/12/2007 5:00:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>iAutomate RFID </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Network successfully reset.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

The plug is OK, and I've pulled out and reinserted a few times. I have not checked the voltage, but will try and do so the next time the issue arises. As in the past, everything is normal again. I did have the RFID powered by my UPS and have now moved it to a regular outlet.

Comment

I had exactly the same as this and tried an awful lot of things before I found out what was causing it.

My RFID readers are on the end of a serial port interface (RS232) and not on USB (or serial to USB convertor)

The problem that I found was that the COM port was being locked by another process that I didn't realise. In my case, I have VMWare running several VMs on the same box (for entertainment, mail system, etc etc) and one of those VMs had the serial port alocated to it, even though it wasn't actually being used. The simple fact that the serial port was linked to something else was causing this exact problem, and as soon as I freed up the COM port, it all came good!

Hope this helps!

Poko

Comment

Originally posted by pokoman View Post
              I had exactly the same as this and tried an awful lot of things before I found out what was causing it.

My RFID readers are on the end of a serial port interface (RS232) and not on USB (or serial to USB convertor)

The problem that I found was that the COM port was being locked by another process that I didn't realise. In my case, I have VMWare running several VMs on the same box (for entertainment, mail system, etc etc) and one of those VMs had the serial port alocated to it, even though it wasn't actually being used. The simple fact that the serial port was linked to something else was causing this exact problem, and as soon as I freed up the COM port, it all came good!

Hope this helps!

Poko
              I am 99.99% certain that I do not have this issue as this is a dedicated HS box running nithing else, and trying different com ports never helps.

The issue is happening again today and all I now for sure is that I need to disable the RFID and I can enable it again tomorrow and all will be fine. For a while.............

Comment

Please measure your power supply voltage for me and post the reading.

Please double check your RJ45's and re-crimp if you can.

Does your network have Ferrite Chokes or shielded cable ?

Thanks

Peter

Comment

Bingo! I think. I put the volt meter on and the needle went right to 12. Then to about 5. Then to about 12, and so forth. It was like intermittent windshield wipers. I'll go by the Shack and pick up a new one and see what happens.

Comment

I entered an internal order to ship you a replacement regardless of whether or not it is still under warranty.

You should have it in a few days.

Thanks

Peter

Bingo! I think. I put the volt meter on and the needle went right to 12. Then to about 5. Then to about 12, and so forth. It was like intermittent windshield wipers. I'll go by the Shack and pick up a new one and see what happens.

Comment

I would guess that I am out of warranty, but thanks in either case!

Comment

I forgot to include a return shipping label for the defective unit.

Please ship the questionable one back to me if you can (even US Mail) and we'll reimburse you for shipping.

Thanks

Peter

I would guess that I am out of warranty, but thanks in either case!

Comment

Originally posted by pmonahan View Post
                          I forgot to include a return shipping label for the defective unit.

Please ship the questionable one back to me if you can (even US Mail) and we'll reimburse you for shipping.

Thanks

Peter
                          The new one arrived yesterday (maybe the day before) and I was about the throw the bad one out and decided to hang on to it too see if you needed it. I'll get it out today. Don't worry about the shipping as I am sure it will be less than a new wall wart would have run me anyway.

Comment

Post office returned the box today saying I had an incomplete address. Their sticker is over the address, so who knows. Can you confirm where I need to send the bad wall wart?

Comment

I'll issue a UPS label to be emailed to you for printing.

You can call UPS or drop at any UPS Store.

Thanks

Peter

Post office returned the box today saying I had an incomplete address. Their sticker is over the address, so who knows. Can you confirm where I need to send the bad wall wart?

Comment

Working...
                              X