Readers not Being Detected at Startup - Baud Rate Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Readers not Being Detected at Startup - Baud Rate Issue

Thank you very much in advance for any responses to this post.

I purchased an iAutomate Wavetrend LRX201 Reader from a reseller in the UK and mistakenly used a standard RJ45 patch cable to connect the reader to the power-supply/serial port as there was no documentation included that suggested I do otherwise. I understand that this is likely to have impaired the operation of the unit. Is it possible to repair this unit? the reseller has stated that they cannot offer repairs in the UK.

I have purchased a second reader and followed the easy wiring diagram exactly, but I am still unable to get HomeSeer to see the reader.

My cable is made with each the same wiring sequence at each end following the "R500 Cable Terminations.pdf" and the "R500HA Easy Wiring Guide" reference (with the copper terminals facing me, and the plastic latch on the RJ-45 facing away from me, left most pin is pin 1 etc.). I have a ferrite choke on the CAT5e cable approx. 5 millimeters below the RJ-45 connector (which is connected to the left port of the reader)

On powering either reader the status lights behave the same (I have not attempted to connect both readers together) the pattern is:

right port flashes green
    left port flashes yellow
    right port stays green
    right port flashes yellow

the right port then continues as green with the yellow indicator flashing continuously.

I get the same error message with either reader, regardless of which serial port I set in the /rfid_config settings, the error is:

Error: The network is missing 1 readers; including at least Reader ID 1
    The system will remain inoperable until this situation is corrected.

I have one physical serial port (listed as COM1 and COM2 in the device manager), I have tried adding readers with the "COM Port Number" set to "1" and "2" with no success, I have set both COM ports to:

Bits per second: 115200 (I have also tried 57600)
    Data bits: 8
    Parity: None
    Stop bits: 1
    Flow control: none

I have read practically every entry on the message board and I cannot understand why I am unable to get HomeSeer to see at the very least, the new reader, I am running HomeSeer 2.2.0.11 and hspi_RFID.exe 1.1.0.0 (installed with the HomeSeer updater) on Windows XP

The RFID Status Screen shows no readers or tags even when the HomeSeer log says "iAutomate RFID Startup Complete" (i.e. the box is empty other than the "eader/Tag Name, Alarm, Motion, Signal Strength headings, truncated version number i.e. 1.3 and both the drop down menus; "Readers" and Tags" have no content.

My iAutomateRFID.ini file contains the following:

[Tag Age]
    [Tag Away]
    [Settings]
    DateTime=20/04/2007 05:56:00
    Taglist=392
    Port=1
    Converted2=True
    sBaud=115200
    [Reader-1]
    Location=default
    Name=reader
    RSSI=60
    Gain=0
    Timeout=2
    []
    Name=392
    Timeout=8
    [392]
    Name=test
    Timeout=8
    [Reader-2]
    [393]
    [332]

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

James

James,

If you have further complicatons after trying the steps below, Please email me direct at: support@iautomate.com

We overide the COM Port settings in windows with our own port contoller so it doesn't matter what the settings are in device manager.

<b>You must do this to one reader at a time.</b>

Shut down Homeseer

In your ini file:

Change the Converted2=True to FALSE
    Leave sBaud=115200
    Add the statement sInitBaud=57600

Restart Homeseer

Shut down Homeseer, disconnect the reader and then Repeat with the 2nd reader connected by itself.

Connect your second reader, add it in Homeseer, and then restart.

Thanks

Peter

Originally posted by smog View Post
    Thank you very much in advance for any responses to this post.

I purchased an iAutomate Wavetrend LRX201 Reader from a reseller in the UK and mistakenly used a standard RJ45 patch cable to connect the reader to the power-supply/serial port as there was no documentation included that suggested I do otherwise. I understand that this is likely to have impaired the operation of the unit. Is it possible to repair this unit? the reseller has stated that they cannot offer repairs in the UK.

I have purchased a second reader and followed the easy wiring diagram exactly, but I am still unable to get HomeSeer to see the reader.

My cable is made with each the same wiring sequence at each end following the "R500 Cable Terminations.pdf" and the "R500HA Easy Wiring Guide" reference (with the copper terminals facing me, and the plastic latch on the RJ-45 facing away from me, left most pin is pin 1 etc.). I have a ferrite choke on the CAT5e cable approx. 5 millimeters below the RJ-45 connector (which is connected to the left port of the reader)

On powering either reader the status lights behave the same (I have not attempted to connect both readers together) the pattern is:

right port flashes green
    left port flashes yellow
    right port stays green
    right port flashes yellow

the right port then continues as green with the yellow indicator flashing continuously.

I get the same error message with either reader, regardless of which serial port I set in the /rfid_config settings, the error is:

Error: The network is missing 1 readers; including at least Reader ID 1
    The system will remain inoperable until this situation is corrected.

I have one physical serial port (listed as COM1 and COM2 in the device manager), I have tried adding readers with the "COM Port Number" set to "1" and "2" with no success, I have set both COM ports to:

Bits per second: 115200 (I have also tried 57600)
    Data bits: 8
    Parity: None
    Stop bits: 1
    Flow control: none

I have read practically every entry on the message board and I cannot understand why I am unable to get HomeSeer to see at the very least, the new reader, I am running HomeSeer 2.2.0.11 and hspi_RFID.exe 1.1.0.0 (installed with the HomeSeer updater) on Windows XP

The RFID Status Screen shows no readers or tags even when the HomeSeer log says "iAutomate RFID Startup Complete" (i.e. the box is empty other than the "eader/Tag Name, Alarm, Motion, Signal Strength headings, truncated version number i.e. 1.3 and both the drop down menus; "Readers" and Tags" have no content.

My iAutomateRFID.ini file contains the following:

[Tag Age]
    [Tag Away]
    [Settings]
    DateTime=20/04/2007 05:56:00
    Taglist=392
    Port=1
    Converted2=True
    sBaud=115200
    [Reader-1]
    Location=default
    Name=reader
    RSSI=60
    Gain=0
    Timeout=2
    []
    Name=392
    Timeout=8
    [392]
    Name=test
    Timeout=8
    [Reader-2]
    [393]
    [332]

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

James

Comment

Thank you I am in heaven

Thank you for the excellent support, both Readers work perfectly now. I am in heaven.

best wishes

james

Comment

Working...
      X