No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard from Peter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T200 Windshield Mount or Personnel Tag $22.50 (Iautomate... $19.95)
    T100 Vehicle or Asset Antenna Tag $22.50 (Iautomate... $19.95)

Not to bad... considering you'll get them within a week or less... Also I think you may be able to ask for a specific ID # and heartbeat when ordering.... Dont forget... with a timing of 1.5 sec instead of the default 0.8 sec you can almost double the life of your batt.

Comment

Following my issue of non-delivery after 60 days or so mentioned above, I emailed Peter directly and have since gotten good responsiveness. My tags were returned to IAutomate because of a spelling error of my city in spite of a valid zip code and successful use of that address before. Anyhoo, they are on the way and he sent them w/ tracking number even though I paid for slow shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by YM View Post
        T200 Windshield Mount or Personnel Tag $22.50 (Iautomate... $19.95)
        T100 Vehicle or Asset Antenna Tag $22.50 (Iautomate... $19.95)

Not to bad... considering you'll get them within a week or less... Also I think you may be able to ask for a specific ID # and heartbeat when ordering.... Dont forget... with a timing of 1.5 sec instead of the default 0.8 sec you can almost double the life of your batt.
        So the tags aren't that much more but the readers look to be almost double if not more. I'm I reading this correctly.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joeslat View Post
          Following my issue of non-delivery after 60 days or so mentioned above, I emailed Peter directly and have since gotten good responsiveness. My tags were returned to IAutomate because of a spelling error of my city in spite of a valid zip code and successful use of that address before. Anyhoo, they are on the way and he sent them w/ tracking number even though I paid for slow shipping.

Glad to hear you got your issue resolved, Seems Peter will respond via email direct but he hasn't visited the board since July. Altho the com plugin mostly works, it seems like as HS progresses the plugin stability is getting worse. Even if this other company's hardware will work, how and what are we going to do about updating the plugin?
          Over The Hill
          What Hill?
          Where?
          When?
          I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Maybe if one of us volunteered to take over the .net plugin? If Peter would send some hardware to test with I would have a look.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Did you read any of the other posts here on the bulletin board before ordering?
              No, I'm a new member

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Maybe if one of us volunteered to take over the .net plugin? If Peter would send some hardware to test with I would have a look.
                I am not a programmer, but wouldn't existing source be needed? or at least an API? I can't afford to supply all the hardware, but I would be willing to donate towards the hardware. I guess someone needs to find out if Peter would be aggreable to allowing someone else to develop a .net plugin. Even if we could find out why development was stopped or the progress. I need to find out if there is going to be further development or find a replacement solution. The plugin is too timing critical to remain a com based plugin, couple that with currently zero support makes the current Iautomate solution a dead end (and very expensive) street
                Over The Hill
                What Hill?
                Where?
                When?

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Jack,
                  I was suggesting taking over the current .net plugin that was written and simply finish it.
                  -Rupp
                  sigpic

Comment

now that would be a great idea. When I was still getting betas, it was real close to a completed project. I was actually running it quite sucessfully. The last update that came out (if memory serves me correctly) was a backwards step, not recognizing my hardware I think... Nothing from that point...

Rupp, you ought to drop him a line and see what comes of it

Jack
                    Over The Hill
                    What Hill?
                    Where?
                    When?

Comment

I'd love to get the protocol, and then the smart HomeSeer folks on this board that are programming savvy could write their own plug-in. Peter could still sell hardware if he wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by jackpod View Post
                        Glad to hear you got your issue resolved, Seems Peter will respond via email direct but he hasn't visited the board since July. Altho the com plugin mostly works, it seems like as HS progresses the plugin stability is getting worse. Even if this other company's hardware will work, how and what are we going to do about updating the plugin?
                        A couple of minutes ago I received a USPS shipment notification. So it seems Peter is still out there doing his work but does not respond to email.

Comment

I think that one of the issues is that they are swamped with hardware orders at the moment...so I suspect that he will come back as soon as he can.

I would support any efforts to take this plugin to .NET.

Comment

Working...
                          X