Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darren-mc
    replied
    I think that one of the issues is that they are swamped with hardware orders at the moment...so I suspect that he will come back as soon as he can.

I would support any efforts to take this plugin to .NET.

Leave a comment:

• Tozz
    replied
    Originally posted by jackpod View Post
    Glad to hear you got your issue resolved, Seems Peter will respond via email direct but he hasn't visited the board since July. Altho the com plugin mostly works, it seems like as HS progresses the plugin stability is getting worse. Even if this other company's hardware will work, how and what are we going to do about updating the plugin?
    A couple of minutes ago I received a USPS shipment notification. So it seems Peter is still out there doing his work but does not respond to email.

Leave a comment:

• anogee
    Guest replied
    I'd love to get the protocol, and then the smart HomeSeer folks on this board that are programming savvy could write their own plug-in. Peter could still sell hardware if he wanted.

Leave a comment:

• jackpod
    replied
    now that would be a great idea. When I was still getting betas, it was real close to a completed project. I was actually running it quite sucessfully. The last update that came out (if memory serves me correctly) was a backwards step, not recognizing my hardware I think... Nothing from that point...

Rupp, you ought to drop him a line and see what comes of it

Jack

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Jack,
    I was suggesting taking over the current .net plugin that was written and simply finish it.

Leave a comment:

• jackpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    Maybe if one of us volunteered to take over the .net plugin? If Peter would send some hardware to test with I would have a look.
    I am not a programmer, but wouldn't existing source be needed? or at least an API? I can't afford to supply all the hardware, but I would be willing to donate towards the hardware. I guess someone needs to find out if Peter would be aggreable to allowing someone else to develop a .net plugin. Even if we could find out why development was stopped or the progress. I need to find out if there is going to be further development or find a replacement solution. The plugin is too timing critical to remain a com based plugin, couple that with currently zero support makes the current Iautomate solution a dead end (and very expensive) street

Leave a comment:

• Tozz
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    Did you read any of the other posts here on the bulletin board before ordering?
    No, I'm a new member

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Maybe if one of us volunteered to take over the .net plugin? If Peter would send some hardware to test with I would have a look.

Leave a comment:

• jackpod
    replied
    Originally posted by joeslat View Post
    Following my issue of non-delivery after 60 days or so mentioned above, I emailed Peter directly and have since gotten good responsiveness. My tags were returned to IAutomate because of a spelling error of my city in spite of a valid zip code and successful use of that address before. Anyhoo, they are on the way and he sent them w/ tracking number even though I paid for slow shipping.

Glad to hear you got your issue resolved, Seems Peter will respond via email direct but he hasn't visited the board since July. Altho the com plugin mostly works, it seems like as HS progresses the plugin stability is getting worse. Even if this other company's hardware will work, how and what are we going to do about updating the plugin?

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by YM View Post
    T200 Windshield Mount or Personnel Tag $22.50 (Iautomate... $19.95)
    T100 Vehicle or Asset Antenna Tag $22.50 (Iautomate... $19.95)

Not to bad... considering you'll get them within a week or less... Also I think you may be able to ask for a specific ID # and heartbeat when ordering.... Dont forget... with a timing of 1.5 sec instead of the default 0.8 sec you can almost double the life of your batt.
    So the tags aren't that much more but the readers look to be almost double if not more. I'm I reading this correctly.

Leave a comment:

• joeslat
    Guest replied
    Following my issue of non-delivery after 60 days or so mentioned above, I emailed Peter directly and have since gotten good responsiveness. My tags were returned to IAutomate because of a spelling error of my city in spite of a valid zip code and successful use of that address before. Anyhoo, they are on the way and he sent them w/ tracking number even though I paid for slow shipping.

Leave a comment:

• YM
    replied
    T200 Windshield Mount or Personnel Tag $22.50 (Iautomate... $19.95)
    T100 Vehicle or Asset Antenna Tag $22.50 (Iautomate... $19.95)

Not to bad... considering you'll get them within a week or less... Also I think you may be able to ask for a specific ID # and heartbeat when ordering.... Dont forget... with a timing of 1.5 sec instead of the default 0.8 sec you can almost double the life of your batt.

Leave a comment:

• jackpod
    replied
    I looked there also and I agree with Rupp, quite a bit more expensive. I don't know what is up with Iautomate, it is like Peter has just decided to leave us all hanging. I am really disappointed with the lack of a .net plugin. It was announced back last January, I received a few betas to test back in April and then nothing. My system overall is very stable, but if I do have a problem, the RFID plugin is the first to go south, which means my gates start opening and closing and outside lights come on. Of all the plugins that have been converted to .net, this was one that was definate candidate. I will be interested to hear how the tags and such from this other company work with the Iautomate readers

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by YM View Post
    Just ordered mine from Dynasys... A bit more expensive... but great service (from Neal) and quick delivery.

http://rfidusa.com/superstore/index....b39fed21bf4096
    How much more expensive? For what I could find they were A LOT more expensive but maybe I was looking at the wrong hardware.

Leave a comment:

• anogee
    Guest replied
    Just ordered mine from Dynasys... A bit more expensive... but great service (from Neal) and quick delivery.
    I've spoken with them also, with a good response. Just wondering, can I just buy tags from them, or do they need something specific, like a system ID that has to be programmed into the tags.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X