The network is missing 1 readers, including at least Reader ID 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The network is missing 1 readers, including at least Reader ID 1

I recently purchased the IAutomate RFID Kit which included all the gear..

I installed homeseer, and the Iautomate plugin, and tags without a hitch, and after some work was able to get the com port to work or so i thought.

I keep getting this error, and I can't for the life of me figure out why..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have one reader and two Fobs.

03/10/2008 12:00:11 - iAutomate RFID - Error: The network is missing 1 readers, including at least Reader ID 1
    03/10/2008 12:00:11 - iAutomate RFID - The system will remain inoperable until this situation is corrected.

Originally posted by rfidnewbie View Post
    I recently purchased the IAutomate RFID Kit which included all the gear..

I installed homeseer, and the Iautomate plugin, and tags without a hitch, and after some work was able to get the com port to work or so i thought.

I keep getting this error, and I can't for the life of me figure out why..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have one reader and two Fobs.

03/10/2008 12:00:11 - iAutomate RFID - Error: The network is missing 1 readers, including at least Reader ID 1
    03/10/2008 12:00:11 - iAutomate RFID - The system will remain inoperable until this situation is corrected.
    iAutomate has been absent from these forums for quite some time now so you might also try any support they offer via their website. You might want to look back at posts and FAQs from the beginning of time for this forum as there are lots of posts about readers. The wiring is pretty specific, so make sure you made the cable properly. You also need to have a choke on the cable, but that is in all the info.

Comment

Its unfortunate that you bought this because it is totally unsupported, and really on its last legs. Anyway, check through the old iAutomate posts and I think you'll fine that error discussed. If I remember, you have to update some info in the reader, before the plugin will see it. Make sure the buad rate is correct.

Comment

I too chime in with what the others have said, but if you contact iAutomate directly they still offer support. The error you are getting is either the cable or the ini. Even when this was supported it was supported in a "black magic" kind of way. Post your ini file, and make sure the cable is made exactly the way the diagram shows
        Over The Hill
        What Hill?
        Where?
        When?
        I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Working...
        X