Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Continued support for the iAutomate RFID Reader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continued support for the iAutomate RFID Reader?

I realize this topic has come up from time to time over the past few years, but I thought I'd try it one more time. Some of my RFID tags are starting to reach the end of their battery life and I happened to go out to the iAutomate website to check on tag availability, etc. I was a bit surprised to see that they appear to be a distributor for HS and have bundled their RFID tag system with the HS Pro 100 controller. Does this mean that HS still has a distributor business relationship with them? In addition, is there anyway this relationship can be leveraged to influence their ability to update the plug-in? If not, is there a chance that HS could outsource a new plug-in with someone that can maintain it on a go forward basis, even if iAutomate doesn't provide the source code for what ever reason?

I have a lot invested in the Wavetrend product and don't wish to transition to another product at this time.

I'd also be interested in knowing how many folks out there still use the iAutomate RFID reader?
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

You should put in a phone call to HST using the number on the main support page and ask Mark or Rich about this.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Okay, will do.

Thanks Rupp!
      -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
      HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

I still use my 5 year old iAutomate system. Am going to have to get some new tags soon. It works but has limited responsibility since my electric gate motors died. It turns on outside lights when we come home after dark. The tags don't last as advertised. I get about a year with the tags on my windshield
        Over The Hill
        What Hill?
        Where?
        When?
        I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Working...
        X