Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range for Iautomate vs price

Hello,

after reading a lot about the rfid ( i'm using cheaperrfid since some years now ).

The only thing i don't like is the range ... i have 2 reader ( one connected directly and the other one connected to a RS232 to IP to Vcom port which is disconnected sometimes ).

I have to set 2 because the range of the cheaperrfid is too low ...

I thin the iautomate range is better ... as the price ! But the only thing which make me to change my RFID station to iautomate will be a plugin for HS2 connected the the LAN new version of the iautomate reader : RX1310 ... with a lower price of course !!!!

Iautomate : i'm looking for them since many years.. but still not have it because too expensive ... and plugin no very uptodate.

Sorry for my poor langage, i'm french.

Regards
    Manu

I have been using iAutomate for around 5 months. The range of a single reader covers all three floors of my house, about 3,700 square feet while mounting in a very central position. I plan to get the extended antenna to get further distance as RFID detection doesn't kick in until i pull in the drive way.

The plugin has its quirks, but their support guys worked with me to get things running pretty smooth. I say information about the .net beta here but I'm not sure the status on that, and its probably under NDA.

I would like to see an update from them about the beta on the new plugin.

Comment

thnaks for your informations ....

It's a shame to have a good product and a poor plugin.

About cheaperrfid : the plugin is very correct ... i'm really happy with it.

But never used the iautomate.

Thnaks for your range infos ...

Comment

LE Version of the RFID Kit

Our Single reader kit is now available. At the lower price point the readernet is NOT expandable on this reader.

http://www.iautomate.com/products/rf...-crestron.html

The range of this reader is actually a little greater than the RX202 reader, because of the way the RF Module is assembled.

With SMA to BNC adaptors, all of our antennsa can be used with the solo reader.
        Last edited by pmonahan; June 3, 2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pmonahan View Post
          Our Single reader kit is now available. At the lower price point the readernet expandable on this reader.

http://www.iautomate.com/products/rf...-crestron.html

The range of this reader is actually a little greater than the RX202 reader, because of the way the RF Module is assembled.

With SMA to BNC adaptors, all of our antennsa can be used with the solo reader.
          thnaks for this message ... i'll keep it and will buy it at 300 USD .... because for outside US, we'll have a lot of customs to pay !!!!

Or at 400 USD but with more tags !

Manu

Comment

Working...
          X