X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisgo
    replied
    This is what I am working on:

Readers: Added per serial port. Plugin assumes the best RSSI value seen per tag. This is working fine with multiple RX50s. Not sure how the multi-reader systems will respond as I don't have one to test with.

Tags: Are entered by site code + tag ID.
    - Timeout = how long since last tag message
    - RSSI = minimum RSSI value to recognize as 'seen'

Sensors: The tags I have are capable of reporting 3 events, their presence (periodic transmission), a motion sensor and a reed switch. I've found these 2 sensors can be used for other purposes by modifying the tag and removing the on-board sensors and wiring in something that can close the circuit.

Devices: Represent tag(s). Value ranges from 0-100. When multiple tags are assigned the value represents a % of tags seen. This allows events to be triggered based on a % of tags in range:
    - Tag1 = 0, Tag 2 = 0, Device = 0
    - Tag1 = 100, Tag 2 = 0, Device = 50
    - Tag1 = 100, Tag 2 = 100, Device = 100

It has not been easy developing the plugin as there's limited documentation on how the tags work. The Wavetrend guys sent me the RX50 manual which has the decode information which got me started.

I have had to purchase a 3rd party serial port library to directly access the WIN32 API - without this I was getting erroneous results.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• VirtualPanther
    replied
    Yeah... I wouldn't hold your breath, waiting for reply...

Leave a comment:

• chrisgo
    replied
    Did you get a response from the iAutomate guys? I picked up a couple of Wavetrend RX50 solo readers off ebay and have been working on a HS3 plugin to interact with them.

It seems to be working fine for my two RX50s but I can't speak to the other readers (RX202/RX210 etc) as I don't have one.

I have no clue if the iAutomate Home Automation readers are different to the standard Wavetrend readers.

Leave a comment:

• bernieb
    replied
    I sent an email to their support team. I am also interested in this.

Leave a comment:

• VirtualPanther
    replied
    HS3 Compatibility

Has anyone here succeeded in using this with HS3?

Leave a comment:

• Richel
    replied
    Any alternatives for RFID and HS3

I find RFID (iAutomate) very useful for my needs in HS2. I would not want to upgrade to HS3, unless my RFID could work. Can anyone suggest alternatives for RFID hardware other than iAutomate to use in HS3? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• VirtualPanther
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    I will warn you guys that while this plugin is supported the support is really really really slow. Did I say slow? Give the guys a call to check on the status.
    I concur on lack of support. Solve most issues on your own. Additionally, finding out when the support for HS3 may be coming has been a goal of mine, since this is the very last plugin I have that is not compatible with HS3. I have finally succeeded in speaking to someone from iAutomate on telephone a couple of weeks ago. Long conversation, largely digressing toward technical challenges, hardware variabilities, and other priorities they have (i.e. releasing .net supported soft). All in all, no timeline was given to me, despite asking directly. The notion I had after this conversation was not necessarily bad. However, I can not count on plugin for HS3 being released this year at all.

Given the option, i would happily sell all of my RFID equipment now to someone more patient and motivated than I am.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    I will warn you guys that while this plugin is supported the support is really really really slow. Did I say slow? Give the guys a call to check on the status.

Leave a comment:

• VirtualPanther
    replied
    Originally posted by jusitnh24 View Post
    I was wondering if there was any update on HS3 availability? I just purchased this RFID system without releasing there is not support yet.

Thanks

Justin
    I would return it. I do not believe there is any definitive timeline fro HS3 plugin at this point.

Leave a comment:

• jusitnh24
    replied
    HS3 Status

I was wondering if there was any update on HS3 availability? I just purchased this RFID system without releasing there is not support yet.

Thanks

Justin

Leave a comment:

• VirtualPanther
    replied
    So... any news? HS3 is now released and HS2 - no longer supported. Your plugin is the only one of my plugins not yet updated. As such, it is preventing me from migrating to HS3. An update with a targeted time line would be very much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• pmonahan
    replied
    Yes, we will be updating for HS3

Thanks

Peter

Leave a comment:

• VirtualPanther
    started a topic HS3 Compatibility

HS3 Compatibility

With HS3 beta being available, the final release is much more of a reality now. What is the status of the iAutomate RFID plugin support of HS3? My understanding is that most plugins need to be re-written, in order to work with HS3, which handles plug-ins differently. This is probably especially true for iAutomate RFID, since that plugin for HomeSeer has not been updated since 2005...
Working...
X