Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

iAutomate RFID Plugin for HS3 Released

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iAutomate RFID Plugin for HS3 Released

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rfid...426243288?mt=8

Technical support for RFID software and hardware is provided via email: support AT iautomate.com

I am new in RFID technology. I would like to track my vehicle when it aproches my home, is there a starter kit available?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
      I am new in RFID technology. I would like to track my vehicle when it aproches my home, is there a starter kit available?
      Click on the link at the bottom of Peters post. Second page has starter kits.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason for the $39 to upgrade to HS3 for existing RFID users?

With a basic minimum startup investment of $600 this may turn off some people.

Comment

Originally posted by k1pp3r View Post
          Just out of curiosity, is there a reason for the $39 to upgrade to HS3 for existing RFID users?

With a basic minimum startup investment of $600 this may turn off some people.
          Yes, there is a reason. Software development is expensive.

The RFID plugin was completely re-written to accommodate major changes by HomeSeer in HS3; it's not "a patch" to the original plugin.

The RFID plugin is still free for HomeSeer 2 users. For more than a year now, we now have offered an LE version of the starter kit for $399.00, so Customers can deploy RFID with HS3 for less than $440.00. In that regard, the price has actually dropped substantially.

Thanks

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by pmonahan View Post
            Yes, there is a reason. Software development is expensive.

The RFID plugin was completely re-written to accommodate major changes by HomeSeer in HS3; it's not "a patch" to the original plugin.

The RFID plugin is still free for HomeSeer 2 users. For more than a year now, we now have offered an LE version of the starter kit for $399.00, so Customers can deploy RFID with HS3 for less than $440.00. In that regard, the price has actually dropped substantially.

Thanks

Peter
            Thanks for the update and the continued support!

I have purchased HS3 and the plugin so I will be updating this weekend.

Comment

New plugin is working great!

On a side note, when doing the configuration I had to use Firefox or else the page would refresh each time I put entered a field.

IE and Chrome both had the refresh issue.

Comment

Hello,
                I tried downloading and installing your HS3 plugin in HS3 Pro today several times. Each and every time this fails:

Any suggestions?

Comment

I just realized that my current HS3 Pro version was 3.0.0.97, downloaded straight from HS site. Guess I must go beta, if I want to switch my iAutomate RFID equipment from HS2 to HS3? All betas seem to have a ton of issues. I am running with not a whole lot of stuff as of now, so I wanted to use a stable release. If in order to use iAutomate plugin I absolutely MUST go to beta release of HS3, can anyone give me a link to the most stable version? After reading the beta releases forum, I can't really decide what is stable...

Comment

I'm on Beta 3.0.0.146

Most things work well for me.

With the exception of my HAI thermostat plugin, its borked.

And Current cost i had to load the beta plugin for.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                      I just realized that my current HS3 Pro version was 3.0.0.97, downloaded straight from HS site. Guess I must go beta, if I want to switch my iAutomate RFID equipment from HS2 to HS3? All betas seem to have a ton of issues. I am running with not a whole lot of stuff as of now, so I wanted to use a stable release. If in order to use iAutomate plugin I absolutely MUST go to beta release of HS3, can anyone give me a link to the most stable version? After reading the beta releases forum, I can't really decide what is stable...
                      I am using .143 with 13 plugins including Z-Wave .184. Seen no issues with this combination. Sticking with these for now.
                      cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                        I am using .143 with 13 plugins including Z-Wave .184. Seen no issues with this combination. Sticking with these for now.

Thank you for the update. It's a dark forest out there

Comment

Originally posted by k1pp3r View Post
                          I'm on Beta 3.0.0.146

Most things work well for me.

With the exception of my HAI thermostat plugin, its borked.

And Current cost i had to load the beta plugin for.

Yeah, darn plugins. That's what got me into trouble in the first place!

Comment

Same here!

I held off on HS3 for the iAutomate plugin, which works ok. The only issue i have is the trigger "Tag out of range for xx time" does not seem to retrigger after it has triggered once.

I used a workaround by using "Tag leaves range of reader, start timer" Its not ideal, but it works and seems more stable.

My HAI thermostatis sadly going to be replaced with a z-wave one. Sucks, I really liked the functions of the HAI in HS2

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                              Does that mean that unless the hardware is physically connected to a physical PC with a serial port, I can't use it at all?
                              Hi VP, you can use a Com port redirector with the Global Cache devices, so that to the plugin it looks like a regular serial port. See this thread from yesterday: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=171673

Cheers
                              Al
                              HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                              X