X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CameronHilliard
    replied
    At one point this may have worked with the 960 but it no longer does. Guess its off to IFTTT

Leave a comment:

• CameronHilliard
    replied
    Blade et al. Is there a better method of getting the udername and password yet? I wil be honest I have never worked in Node JS or github and I have no idea where to start. I have been at this for 4 hours already. Is there a more detailed walkthrough or is there a chance someone can assist?

Leave a comment:

• integlikewhoa
    replied
    Someone else may confirm the 690 but I haven't tested that. I have a 960 that it works with and its 599.00 retail before discounts. So your well under budget, but yes check more into the 690 first.

Also understand how the cleaning patterns work. I upgraded my lower model to a 900 series due to poor bouncing off wall pattern and running out of battery before back to dock.

Leave a comment:

• francrouge
    replied
    Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    Question, what is a low budget? I'm gonna say the cheapest one with Wi-Fi is not what many will consider low budget.
    I saw the 690 as wifi would it work ?

Leave a comment:

• francrouge
    replied
    Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    Question, what is a low budget? I'm gonna say the cheapest one with Wi-Fi is not what many will consider low budget.
    like 800$

Leave a comment:

• integlikewhoa
    replied
    Originally posted by francrouge View Post
    Hi

I'm looking to buy a roomba but i'm kind have a low budget so is there a model with wifi that work well with the plugin ?

Thx

Leave a comment:

• francrouge
    replied
    what model is compatible

Hi

I'm looking to buy a roomba but i'm kind have a low budget so is there a model with wifi that work well with the plugin ?

Thx

Leave a comment:

• XboxMeister
    replied
    I second this recommendation. For Windows users this was very easy to do. Hardest part was figuring out where npm stuck the dorita980 install (put it in my user directory) but otherwise got the full report with one try. Very simple and plugin seems to be working well (had to restart it for whatever reason to have it start talking to my Roomba after I entered it but otherwise works fine).

BTW, I'm another 890 owner so anyone that can confirm the plugin works fine with that Wifi model.

-XM

Originally posted by shill View Post
    You can easily do it by running nodejs on Windows.

Just install nodejs, then use npm to install dorita980. You can then go into your nodejs\node_modules\dorita980 folder and run "node .\bin\getpassword.js <ip address>":

Code:
    D:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\node_modules\dorita980>node .\bin\getpassword.js 192.168.0.184
    Make sure your robot is on the Home Base and powered on (green lights on). Then press and hold the HOME button on your robot until it plays a series of tones (about 2 seconds). Release the button and your robot will flash WIFI light.
    Then press any key here...
    Robot Data:
    { ver: '2',
      hostname: 'Roomba-99999999999999',
      robotname: 'Roomba',
      ip: '192.168.0.184',
      mac: 'F0:03:8C:96:4E:61',
      sw: 'v2.2.9-1',
      sku: 'R980020',
      nc: 0,
      proto: 'mqtt',
      blid: '99999999999999' }
    Password=> :X:XXXXXXXXXX:ABCDEfghiJKL1234 <= Yes, all this string.
    Use this credentials in dorita980 lib :)

Leave a comment:

• integlikewhoa
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff492 View Post
    I just installed the BLRoombaWiFi plugin successfully. I then entered the ip address of the Roomba and the username/password that I use to log into the Roomba account and iOS app. But nothing comes across into HS3.

Am I using the right password?

Or am I missing something else?

Thanks!
    Did you read about dorita980? I think your missing that step. Look in posts above.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff492
    replied
    Roomba not communicating

I just installed the BLRoombaWiFi plugin successfully. I then entered the ip address of the Roomba and the username/password that I use to log into the Roomba account and iOS app. But nothing comes across into HS3.

Am I using the right password?

Or am I missing something else?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• stk1987
    replied
    Suggestions for BLRoombaWifi

Hey Bob, Thanks for this plug-in it works great. But i do have a suggestion if its passable. I have the 980 and i have it blocked from getting to the internet so it wont do any updates. but by doing this i cant see the map of the area that it cleaned using the Roomba app. I was able to install rest980 and get it to connected and see the map live but there is 2 problems with this that I ran in to. I cant lookup history or last map just a live map. and the other problem is i cant get BLRoombaWifi to see the Roomba when rest980 is running. I am assuming its a security restriction at the Roomba to not allow more then one user at a time. So i was hopping that you could add to your plugin to have a history map, last map, and a live map so i can add it to HSTouch graphics. If you like to see my HSTouch graphic see pic attached.

System Info:
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    BLRoombaWifi Version: 2.0.12.0

Roomba Info:
    Model: 980
    SW: V2.2.11-4
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• integlikewhoa
    replied
    Originally posted by Blade View Post
    It was only written for the Roomba 980.
    You could always give it a try
    I just picked up a 960 which I think besides the 980 that is the only other WiFi roomba at this time. I'll follow up on this as it get it going.

EDIT: I can confirm the 960 works completely in HomeSeer.
    Last edited by integlikewhoa; October 10, 2017, 06:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    It was only written for the Roomba 980.
    You could always give it a try

Leave a comment:

• damiene77
    replied
    Hello Folks,

Just a quick question. I saw a similar question asked but was never replied to. Is this plugin compatible with the Roomba 690 or other wifi enabled Roombas?

Thanks for the help!

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Originally posted by shill View Post
    Of course even with the BLID and password, this isn't working for me. It created the devices, but they're almost all blank and the control buttons don't do anything... any suggestions? What should I expect at this stage of the beta, and how can I help?
    I take it back, restarting HS took care of it. I probably could have achieved the same results with a restart of just the plugin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X