X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pseudomizer
    replied
    Question

Will this plugin work with any of the other Wifi models (non-third party Wifi)?

In other words will this also work with the roomba 890 + Wifi built-in, 960 + Wifi built-in?

Leave a comment:

• Pseudomizer
    replied
    More data on 980

Have you guys seen this Japanese website reverse engineering the Roomba API?

https://translate.google.com/transla...oomba-slackbot

It might help with the ID and password fetching but also might help with the command sequence issue posted here.

Leave a comment:

• tome10
    replied
    Hey so when that thing goes out, you can upgrade to a Neato Botvac and build a plugin for that. ijs. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Of course even with the BLID and password, this isn't working for me. It created the devices, but they're almost all blank and the control buttons don't do anything... any suggestions? What should I expect at this stage of the beta, and how can I help?

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Originally posted by Blade View Post
    Yes you need to use the dorita980 to get the BLID and password for the plugin.
    There is nothing on Windows that will do it as far as I know
    You can use a Raspberry PI to do it with dorita980
    You can easily do it by running nodejs on Windows.

Just install nodejs, then use npm to install dorita980. You can then go into your nodejs\node_modules\dorita980 folder and run "node .\bin\getpassword.js <ip address>":

Code:
    D:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\node_modules\dorita980>node .\bin\getpassword.js 192.168.0.184
    Make sure your robot is on the Home Base and powered on (green lights on). Then press and hold the HOME button on your robot until it plays a series of tones (about 2 seconds). Release the button and your robot will flash WIFI light.
    Then press any key here...
    Robot Data:
    { ver: '2',
      hostname: 'Roomba-99999999999999',
      robotname: 'Roomba',
      ip: '192.168.0.184',
      mac: 'F0:03:8C:96:4E:61',
      sw: 'v2.2.9-1',
      sku: 'R980020',
      nc: 0,
      proto: 'mqtt',
      blid: '99999999999999' }
    Password=> :X:XXXXXXXXXX:ABCDEfghiJKL1234 <= Yes, all this string.
    Use this credentials in dorita980 lib :)

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Well after a crash course in PI3 Linux and trying to figure out why my npm command wouldn't work and how to install a new version of NodeJS on PI3 in nine simple commands . I was successful in running "Getpassword.js". One thing I noticed is that when I first ran the script against each Roomba It would first only get the BLid and not the password, had to run it a second time also I had to move my PI3 within six feet of the Roomba to get both values for Rosie (idiosyncrasies?) also it seems that when you first enter your Roomba BLid and Password and after the plug-in creates the device fields it take it a few minutes (up to 5 minutes) to populate the device fields and then all of sudden you have a working live device that's controllable - General observation for those less traveled in PI3 Linux..

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Well, I do have a P3I hopefully it something that one can do easily It's funny I bought it originally to be use with my Vera as a presence detector which worked but wasn't as reliable as my iPhone tracker... Until till I get Dorita980 working this will be an academic exercise.

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Yes you need to use the dorita980 to get the BLID and password for the plugin.
    There is nothing on Windows that will do it as far as I know
    You can use a Raspberry PI to do it with dorita980

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Bob, thanxs for the comeback. I deleted Rosie and re-added and got a second set of devices however it was named Gennie. Before I get too far I noticed that my Gennie device isn't communicating with the actual 980 device, I'm assuming that the User ID and Password are the same as the Roomba (IOS) App which is email ID and its password?

I noticed for the Linux stuff that there is a Dorita980 routine that gets the BLID and Password is there something similar for windows version? and not then how does one get the same?
    Last edited by MNB; July 12, 2017, 11:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    That is odd - it should create the devices when you add a Roomba to the plugin.
    Try deleting Gennie from the plugin and then add it again and see if the devices get created
    If not then let me know and we will do something else.

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    @blade, firstly thanxs for the plug-in, I believe I've uncovered a bug. I have two 980's one is name Rosie and the other is Gennie. I Inputted both within the plug-in and displays both of them as separate within it (see attached) but when I go to the Device List Rosie is the only device showing (see attached) is there something I needed to do? Mike
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mda
    replied
    Originally posted by mda View Post
    @blade
    Code:
    07/01/2017 12:41:49:062 PM : v2.0.7.0 - 
    07/01/2017 12:41:49:069 PM : v2.0.7.0 - Check_Roombas(): ERROR - Caught this exception - Input string was not in a correct format.
    Working now. To help anyone else who might see this error in the log, it was actually an authentication error (had to grab my password from dorita again, replace the roomba in the plug in and paste in the credentials again). thanks for helping me solve it blade!

Leave a comment:

• mda
    replied
    BLRoombaWifi

@blade

I installed the plugin and it created the devices, but they are not updating. The debug log shows this error. Not sure if it is something i am doing wrong on my side or a bug?

I have a roomba 980, it is on the wifi (same subnet my HS3 server is hardwired to) and the iRobot iOS app is able to reach and control it without issue.

Code:
    07/01/2017 12:41:49:062 PM : v2.0.7.0 - Build_Roomba_Device_Address(): name --> Cleaning Recharge Minutes

07/01/2017 12:41:49:062 PM : v2.0.7.0 - Build_Roomba_Device_Address(): address --> BLRoombaWifi-**masked**-**masked**-CleaningRechargeMinutes

07/01/2017 12:41:49:062 PM : v2.0.7.0 - Build_Roomba_Device_Address() finished

07/01/2017 12:41:49:069 PM : v2.0.7.0 - Check_Roombas(): ERROR - Caught this exception - Input string was not in a correct format.

I will PM you the full log in case you have a few minutes to take a look at it when your dev system is back up and running.

Thanks.

-mda
    Last edited by mda; July 1, 2017, 03:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• akurz
    replied
    2.0.7.0 with Resume button - yay!!

Thanks,
    Alex

Originally posted by Blade View Post
    I will look into adding a resume button

If you go to my web site (in my signature), there is a purchase link at the bottom where you can send a donation. Much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
    Mr. Blade:

Does the iRobot API allow the collection of "job data" such as time spent cleaning, sq footage cleaned, number of "dirt detections", etc.? It would be cool to be able to collect that info in a local database.

Regards,
    BBB
    Yes I believe it does have that data - I just have not had time to get that into the plugin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X