Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my guess and it is just that, a guess, is that it changed when I changed Wifi networks.

I am pretty sure this theory is correct. I changed wifi networks again and the password changed again.
    Last edited by mystic860; November 18, 2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mystic860 View Post
      Trying the i7+, ran dorita980 and I got the password but nothing else (specifically the BLID). any thoughts?

btw ... using node js on windows
      Password=> :1:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <= Yes, all this string.
      Use this credentials in dorita980 lib

This is all I get.

Update ...
      Ok disregard ... I was able to use wireshark to get the information. So far at first glance it appears to work with the i7 series as well I'll report back once fully tested.

10/24/18 - sadly I think I have to report this plugin does not work in its current state with the i7. At first glance it appeared to work however it soon It grabs the CPU and runs away. Perhaps in the future there will be an update.

10/27/18 - Worked with Blade and determined that somehow my password changed. once corrected the plugin works without consuming the CPU. Some of the "features" do not work, could be differences in the new model software. Core functions work though.
      ok... figured out nodejs and dorita980.. but get same info you get.

totally lost on the wireshark part. any help appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

ok... figured out nodejs and dorita980.. but get same info you get.

totally lost on the wireshark part. any help appreciated.
        Download and install wireshark (its free).
        once installed set up your roomba for the node.js capture as outlined in above posts. just before starting it, start the wireshark capture then kick off the process. once complete stop the wireshark capture. review the captured data looking for any instance of your roomba's IP address. Drill down into the details and you will find the roomba BLID. ( I am purely going off memory here, if it doesnt work out for you let me know and I'll try to reproduce it with screen shots).

Comment

Download and install wireshark (its free).
          once installed set up your roomba for the node.js capture as outlined in above posts. just before starting it, start the wireshark capture then kick off the process. once complete stop the wireshark capture. review the captured data looking for any instance of your roomba's IP address. Drill down into the details and you will find the roomba BLID. ( I am purely going off memory here, if it doesnt work out for you let me know and I'll try to reproduce it with screen shots).
          ok... tried again this morning and am now capturing my roomba's IP (192.168.1.101)… but going through every line.... never seen any reference to a BLID?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	497
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1270470

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

ok... tried again this morning and am now capturing my roomba's IP (192.168.1.101)… but going through every line.... never seen any reference to a BLID?

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	497
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1270470
            Also... this is what I see from Node.js if it means anything:

Make sure your robot is on the Home Base and powered on (green lights on). Then press and hold the HOME button on your robot until it plays a series of tones (about 2 seconds). Release the button and your robot will flash WIFI light.
            Then press any key here...
            (node:13624) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.
            Password=> :1:1545952391:rG6Od2jGkdfuSX3x <= Yes, all this string.
            Use this credentials in dorita980 lib

Comment

Your almost there Tomgru. Highlight THE FIRST instance line where the SOURCe is 192.168.1.101 (your Roomba).
              Then look in the lower Frame and expand the last 2 options, you should see some data. POst the screen shots.

ADDTIONALLY click View on menu bar and ensure Packet Bytes is checked also. your missing the data window which will show your BLID.
              Here is an exmple though it is NOT the communication of roomba, but shows the area where the data will be.
              Attached Files

Comment

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	1270553 didn't even know you could expand the lines in the second window. this getting close?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.JPG Views:	1 Size:	139.2 KB ID:	1270550

Comment

here's the second capture/last line

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	521
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1270555

Comment

ok yes you got all the right windows open with the data showing. now you need to start from the top and click on each one of the lines containing the roomba Ip address and find the one that has the BLID. What I did was stop the capture. Start a new one immediately run the get password process and immadiately stop the capture in wireshark. you will stumble on one with a big long number such as this (1B95B9DE72924E5A97BEDFE4C3546FBF) which is your BLID.

Comment

ok yes you got all the right windows open with the data showing. now you need to start from the top and click on each one of the lines containing the roomba Ip address and find the one that has the BLID. What I did was stop the capture. Start a new one immediately run the get password process and immadiately stop the capture in wireshark. you will stumble on one with a big long number such as this (1B95B9DE72924E5A97BEDFE4C3546FBF) which is your BLID.
                      ok.. i'll try that. does it say "BLID" anywhere?

PS... thanks for all the help on this.

Comment

think I found it!!!!

"robotid"???

That was it!!!!!! worked. and no CPU craziness! thanks again.

Comment

good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post

You can easily do it by running nodejs on Windows.

Just install nodejs, then use npm to install dorita980. You can then go into your nodejs\node_modules\dorita980 folder and run "node .\bin\getpassword.js <ip address>":

Code:
                            D:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\node_modules\dorita980>node .\bin\getpassword.js 192.168.0.184
                            Make sure your robot is on the Home Base and powered on (green lights on). Then press and hold the HOME button on your robot until it plays a series of tones (about 2 seconds). Release the button and your robot will flash WIFI light.
                            Then press any key here...
                            Robot Data:
                            { ver: '2',
                            hostname: 'Roomba-99999999999999',
                            robotname: 'Roomba',
                            ip: '192.168.0.184',
                            mac: 'F0:03:8C:96:4E:61',
                            sw: 'v2.2.9-1',
                            sku: 'R980020',
                            nc: 0,
                            proto: 'mqtt',
                            blid: '99999999999999' }
                            Password=> :X:XXXXXXXXXX:ABCDEfghiJKL1234 <= Yes, all this string.
                            Use this credentials in dorita980 lib :)
                            Shill and XboxMeister (thank you both) pretty much nailed it, but here's a little more info for Windows users (like me) who aren't familiar with Node.js etc.

Node.js is a "javascript runtime" according to their website here: https://nodejs.org/en/
                            You can download a Windows installer from their site, and then start a Node.js command prompt from the Windows Start menu. This will drop you into what looks and feels like a DOS prompt. From there, you're going to type "npm install dorita980" and sit back and watch the fireworks. "NPM" is the package manager for javascript, and it will go out and find the dorita980 software and install it. NPM will install dorita980 in the Windows user folder, so the next step is to use the "cd" command to change directories over to "c:\Users\[username]\node_modules\dorita980 and type "node .\bin\getpassword.js [your Roomba's IP address]". Follow the on-screen directions from there.

The blid is all the numbers between the single quotation marks, and the password is everything between the "><" angle brackets except the leading and trailing spaces. Like I said, I pieced all this together from what Shill and XboxMeister posted earlier, so it took me about 30 minutes to do all of it (including the Google searches to find out what Node.js and NPM are). Since there seems to be a lot of confusion about the BLID and Password (and getting it wrong may spike your CPU usage), I thought I'd spell it out a little more.

Comment

anyone use this on the 895 yet? just picked up one last night and another is on order. also ive gotta start from page one later tonight.. but can this plugin handle 2 roomba's?
                              wife and her deals.. got them for about $650 for 2...

ok read all the pages..

Originally posted by Pseudomizer View Post
                              Question

Will this plugin work with any of the other Wifi models (non-third party Wifi)?

In other words will this also work with the roomba 890 + Wifi built-in, 960 + Wifi built-in?
                              ahhh I started at pg 1 then 6... shoulda known someone woulda asked by page 4... LOL

ill have to possibly give this a try... but don't have time for a few weeks..
                              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Bob, out of curiosity why would the wrong Roomba credentials cause your Plug-in to go critical (High CPU) seems to be counterintuitive unless you were looking for attention? For some reason I just ran into this problem today where my CPU pegged its self at 99% (everything Homeseer came to a crawl) but I was able to get System Task manager up and identified the rogue HS3 component (Roomba) and shut it down. Mike
                                Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                                Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                                HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
                                X