X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amr42
    replied
    Originally posted by shill View Post

You can easily do it by running nodejs on Windows.

Just install nodejs, then use npm to install dorita980. You can then go into your nodejs\node_modules\dorita980 folder and run "node .\bin\getpassword.js <ip address>":

Code:
    D:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\node_modules\dorita980>node .\bin\getpassword.js 192.168.0.184
    Make sure your robot is on the Home Base and powered on (green lights on). Then press and hold the HOME button on your robot until it plays a series of tones (about 2 seconds). Release the button and your robot will flash WIFI light.
    Then press any key here...
    Robot Data:
    { ver: '2',
    hostname: 'Roomba-99999999999999',
    robotname: 'Roomba',
    ip: '192.168.0.184',
    mac: 'F0:03:8C:96:4E:61',
    sw: 'v2.2.9-1',
    sku: 'R980020',
    nc: 0,
    proto: 'mqtt',
    blid: '99999999999999' }
    Password=> :X:XXXXXXXXXX:ABCDEfghiJKL1234 <= Yes, all this string.
    Use this credentials in dorita980 lib :)
    I'm not familiar with nodejs, but have now installed that...

My next question was how do I "use npm to install dorita980"

A quick google got me to here: https://docs.npmjs.com/downloading-a...ckages-locally

So, the MSDOS command line (not from within nodejs) is:
    Code:
    npm install dorita980

Result was:

npm WARN deprecated request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
    npm WARN deprecated request-promise@4.2.6: request-promise has been deprecated because it extends the now deprecated request package, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
    npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\Andrew\package.json'
    npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.
    npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\Andrew\package.json'
    npm WARN Andrew No description
    npm WARN Andrew No repository field.
    npm WARN Andrew No README data
    npm WARN Andrew No license field.

+ dorita980@3.1.7
    added 123 packages from 105 contributors and audited 123 packages in 22.886s

2 packages are looking for funding
    run `npm fund` for details

found 0 vulnerabilities
    However, now I do not see any dorita980 subfolder within \Program Files\nodejs\.....

Help!

Thanks,
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• JPStokesSr
    replied
    Sorry for the dumb question: I did everything in shill's post and it did exactly what was above. What do you do with the robot data after you get it?

edit: Duh - read it over again and I got it - working great. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Is there the ability to do rooms yet?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• richardfj
    replied
    This is really quite brilliant! I installed the plugin to control my brand new S9+, and it works like a charm. It's now running the roomba every time my house goes into Away mode, and if it's still cleaning when I get home, it automatically docks the roomba.

I installed node.js from here: https://nodejs.org/en/download/
    Then followed the instructions here to install doriate980: https://www.npmjs.com/package/dorita980
    And finally followed the instructions in shill 's post:

Just install nodejs, then use npm to install dorita980. You can then go into your nodejs\node_modules\dorita980 folder and run "node .\bin\getpassword.js <ip address>":

Code:
    D:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\node_modules\dorita980>node .\bin\getpassword.js 192.168.0.184
    Make sure your robot is on the Home Base and powered on (green lights on). Then press and hold the HOME button on your robot until it plays a series of tones (about 2 seconds). Release the button and your robot will flash WIFI light.
    Robot Data:
    I had this up and running in about 45 minutes; granted I was rather distracted with some "quality" tv while doing it ;-)

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    THIS IS AWESOME!!! THX!!!!

2x Roomba 895's

Click image for larger version

Name:	BLRoomba.png
Views:	206
Size:	367.0 KB
ID:	1341441

Leave a comment:

• chuckk9032
    replied

Code:
    Robot Data:
    This worked great. Thanks for the post.

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    No problem - glad you got it working

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Bob, I've figured it out re Dorita980. In my procedure for the 980 I had the following command: in the “Command Prompt” screen Type “node .\bin\getpassword.js 192.168.1.XXX”, and enter, however this procedure with the i7 will only produce the password. Soo... for the i7 the following command must be use to produce both correct userid and password same output as 980;in the “Command Prompt” screen Type “get-roomba-password 192.168.1.XXX”, and enter.

What I discovered is that my blid was slightly different it started out correctly but was short 8 additional characters at the end. I then deleted my prior Roomba in the Plug-In and its' associated devices and re-added a new Roomba as normal with the correct blid and password and Wala! now working i7 Roomba devices. As always a learning moment, thanxs Bob for all the support and time I hope this helps the next person trying to navigate all things npm, I will update my previous procedure to reflect the changes. Mike

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    I cannot think of anything right now
    I wonder why dorita does not return the user name

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Originally posted by Blade View Post
    OK the return back from the MQTT connect is 2 which is this:

CONN_REFUSED_IDENT_REJECTED

Looks like it could possibly be the username or password or both
    Bob, any suggestions? Mike

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    I also noticed that when I look at my 980 Roomba the hostname is Roomba followed by the username (numbers after the dash) which is the same as what I used for the I7. Mike
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    I noticed when I did my Dorita980 on the i7 Roomba I got an abbreviated return (see attached) which only contained the password (this was noted by another i7 user via post) so in order to get the username I went to my UniFi Clients which gave me the Hostname see attached
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    OK the return back from the MQTT connect is 2 which is this:

CONN_REFUSED_IDENT_REJECTED

Looks like it could possibly be the username or password or both

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Bob, per your request..
    Attached Files