X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mystic860
    replied
    Your almost there Tomgru. Highlight THE FIRST instance line where the SOURCe is 192.168.1.101 (your Roomba).
    Then look in the lower Frame and expand the last 2 options, you should see some data. POst the screen shots.

ADDTIONALLY click View on menu bar and ensure Packet Bytes is checked also. your missing the data window which will show your BLID.
    Here is an exmple though it is NOT the communication of roomba, but shows the area where the data will be.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

ok... tried again this morning and am now capturing my roomba's IP (192.168.1.101)… but going through every line.... never seen any reference to a BLID?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	499
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1270470
    Also... this is what I see from Node.js if it means anything:

Make sure your robot is on the Home Base and powered on (green lights on). Then press and hold the HOME button on your robot until it plays a series of tones (about 2 seconds). Release the button and your robot will flash WIFI light.
    Then press any key here...
    (node:13624) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.
    Password=> :1:1545952391:rG6Od2jGkdfuSX3x <= Yes, all this string.
    Use this credentials in dorita980 lib

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Originally posted by mystic860 View Post

Download and install wireshark (its free).
    once installed set up your roomba for the node.js capture as outlined in above posts. just before starting it, start the wireshark capture then kick off the process. once complete stop the wireshark capture. review the captured data looking for any instance of your roomba's IP address. Drill down into the details and you will find the roomba BLID. ( I am purely going off memory here, if it doesnt work out for you let me know and I'll try to reproduce it with screen shots).
    ok... tried again this morning and am now capturing my roomba's IP (192.168.1.101)… but going through every line.... never seen any reference to a BLID?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	499
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1270470

Leave a comment:

• mystic860
    replied
    Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

ok... figured out nodejs and dorita980.. but get same info you get.

totally lost on the wireshark part. any help appreciated.
    Download and install wireshark (its free).
    once installed set up your roomba for the node.js capture as outlined in above posts. just before starting it, start the wireshark capture then kick off the process. once complete stop the wireshark capture. review the captured data looking for any instance of your roomba's IP address. Drill down into the details and you will find the roomba BLID. ( I am purely going off memory here, if it doesnt work out for you let me know and I'll try to reproduce it with screen shots).

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Originally posted by mystic860 View Post
    Trying the i7+, ran dorita980 and I got the password but nothing else (specifically the BLID). any thoughts?

btw ... using node js on windows
    Password=> :1:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <= Yes, all this string.

This is all I get.

Update ...
    Ok disregard ... I was able to use wireshark to get the information. So far at first glance it appears to work with the i7 series as well I'll report back once fully tested.

10/24/18 - sadly I think I have to report this plugin does not work in its current state with the i7. At first glance it appeared to work however it soon It grabs the CPU and runs away. Perhaps in the future there will be an update.

10/27/18 - Worked with Blade and determined that somehow my password changed. once corrected the plugin works without consuming the CPU. Some of the "features" do not work, could be differences in the new model software. Core functions work though.
    ok... figured out nodejs and dorita980.. but get same info you get.

totally lost on the wireshark part. any help appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• mystic860
    replied
    my guess and it is just that, a guess, is that it changed when I changed Wifi networks.

I am pretty sure this theory is correct. I changed wifi networks again and the password changed again.
    Last edited by mystic860; November 18, 2018, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• integlikewhoa
    replied
    Originally posted by CameronHilliard View Post
    I told you guys these passwords were changing.... Any ideas on a workaround or fix?
    My 960 is still the same password as it was almost a year ago now. I'm going to assume the password change only happens during a certain chain events. Maybe after requesting the password (Holding the home button down) several times it causes that. I still have plugin issues though, high CPU and disconnects until plugin reboot. I now have a plugin (think its called "Restart") that will auto power cycle when the last update time doesn't change after the roomba was requested to run or if CPU starts getting to high. So I no longer see the issue but can see the plugin request.

Leave a comment:

• CameronHilliard
    replied
    I told you guys these passwords were changing.... Any ideas on a workaround or fix?

Leave a comment:

• mystic860
    replied
    Trying the i7+, ran dorita980 and I got the password but nothing else (specifically the BLID). any thoughts?

btw ... using node js on windows
    Password=> :1:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <= Yes, all this string.

This is all I get.

Update ...
    Ok disregard ... I was able to use wireshark to get the information. So far at first glance it appears to work with the i7 series as well I'll report back once fully tested.

10/24/18 - sadly I think I have to report this plugin does not work in its current state with the i7. At first glance it appeared to work however it soon It grabs the CPU and runs away. Perhaps in the future there will be an update.

10/27/18 - Worked with Blade and determined that somehow my password changed. once corrected the plugin works without consuming the CPU. Some of the "features" do not work, could be differences in the new model software. Core functions work though.
    Last edited by mystic860; October 27, 2018, 08:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CameronHilliard
    replied
    I actually went and redid the Doritos process again last time this happens and I saw that I had a different password. This is how I know it isn’t something with the plugin only. My pswd actually changed.

Leave a comment:

• integlikewhoa
    replied
    Are you sure the password is actually changing and the plugin is not just failing to communicate? I have found that if I do some plugin updates not related to BLRoombaWifi for some reason my roomba plugin stops responding shortly after or during those other plugins being updated. After turning the plugin off for a bit and back on or after rebooting homeseer the plugin works again. I have not had to redo the password. I'm still trying to look into why the plugin seems to stops responding after certain other plugins being updated.

So in you case it would be nice to know if you recently updated other plugins before this happened and if a reboot of HS3 (try this if plugin reboot doesn't fix it) or a long Plugin reboot fixes this. Or you should see the old roomba password and compare to new.

I also have static IP (in router side, per MAC) on my roomba and don't reboot the router. I use a Unifi USG and Multiple Unifi AP's.

Leave a comment:

• CameronHilliard
    replied
    Sorry for the late response. I have been travelling. So yes I installed a plugin which allows me to auto enable/disable the plugin when certain messages come up. I did this manually today to ensure my events were working right, and I am not seeing any of my roombas update with status. A big key pointing in the direction of a changing password is the fact that it can't even pull my schedule which I can see still clearly exists on my roomba app. I am not sure what is changing my password so often for my roombas, but if anyone has found a way around that I would greatly appreciate sharing that info. I hear alot of people say there passwords arent changing, so maybe it is something on my side that is triggering it? I have assigned static IP addresses to all of my roombas and I do not regularly restart my router. When I get back stateside I might call roomba tech support and try to finesse some answers into what will trigger a change. At least that way we have a reason.

Leave a comment:

• integlikewhoa
    replied
    the roomba has not been connected for 2 days. I dont think this constitutes working. looking into threads this seems to have been an issue with a few people which never got resolved. the passwords change
    This is only for the 960 model? Mine is connected now and password has not changed yet. The plugin itself may have some hiccups but has nothing to do with the 960 model. As far as why the passwords change for some I'm unsure. Maybe the reset the roomba, for change wifi.

I have seen an issue before where after I updated hs3 I have had to cycle this plugin on and off again to get it to work. But that is also not a 960 issue. That's a plugin issue.

Right now with yours not connected in two days does a plugin on and off fix it? Or do you know what the issue is?

Leave a comment:

• CameronHilliard
    replied
    the roomba has not been connected for 2 days. I dont think this constitutes working. looking into threads this seems to have been an issue with a few people which never got resolved. the passwords change

Leave a comment:

• integlikewhoa
    replied
    At one point this may have worked with the 960 but it no longer does. Guess its off to IFTTT
    I think your spreading false info. I have had a 960 and I still do and it works.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X