Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank Roomba Status

Blade:

We kicked off "Ricky" today (manually) and all my associated events (turn on some lights, etc.) were working fine; however, at the end of the cleaning cycle, some of my events look for the status to transition back to "On Base". I've copied some entries from my HS3 log below - you can see that in one case, at time 8:33:38 AM, the status is shown as a blank - is something wrong there?

Code:
    [SIZE="2"]Aug-17 8:40:48 AM 	  	BLRoombaWifi 	Roomba: Ricky - battery is fully charged
    Aug-17 8:33:41 AM 	  	BLRoombaWifi 	Roomba: Ricky - status changed to Ready

Aug-17 8:33:38 AM 	  	BLRoombaWifi 	Roomba: Ricky - status changed to

Aug-17 8:18:18 AM 	  	BLRoombaWifi 	Roomba: Ricky - audio status changed to No
    Aug-17 8:18:14 AM 	  	BLRoombaWifi 	Roomba: Ricky - audio status changed to Yes
    Aug-17 8:18:14 AM 	  	BLRoombaWifi 	Roomba: Ricky is on the base and charging
    Aug-17 8:17:28 AM 	  	BLRoombaWifi 	Roomba: Ricky is returning to base after cleaning cycle
    Aug-17 7:39:01 AM 	  	BLRoombaWifi 	Roomba: Ricky - audio status changed to No
    Aug-17 7:38:57 AM 	  	Device Control 	Device: Virtual Status Device LightStatus2 to Dim 30% (30) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Aug-17 7:38:55 AM 	  	Z-Wave 	Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Family Room Upper Recessed Set to 30
    Aug-17 7:38:55 AM 	  	BLRoombaWifi 	Roomba: Ricky - audio status changed to Yes
    Aug-17 7:38:55 AM 	  	Device Control 	Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Family Room Upper Recessed to Dim 30% (30)
    Aug-17 7:38:55 AM 	  	Device Control 	Device: Virtual Status Device LightStatus1 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Aug-17 7:38:55 AM 	  	Event 	Event Trigger "Robots Roomba - Main Floor - Hallway Lighting ON"
    Aug-17 7:38:55 AM 	  	Event 	Event Trigger "Robots Roomba - Main Floor - Addition Lighting ON"
    Aug-17 7:38:55 AM 	  	BLRoombaWifi 	Roomba: Ricky has started cleaning
    Aug-17 7:38:55 AM 	  	Event 	Event Trigger "Robots Roomba Cleaning Interval Timer"[/SIZE]

By the way, my Roomba's firmware was recently auto-updated to version 2.2.11-4.

Regards,
    BBB

I have also seen it return a blank status when changing status. Did it end up with a status of on base or did it stay something else?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Bob:

The log never shows it changing status to 'On Base' - and unfortunately I restarted the plugin last night so I don't know what it was showing for status before I restarted it. The log does show that the bin was cleaned out (when wife came home) and the status went from 'Bin missing' back to 'Ready'. I did check the Log over the past several days, and I do see a few instances of the status changing to blank - and even before the firmware update to 2.2.4-11.

Paul

Comment

On a different note - I just read an article that Roomba maps every room in which it used - and Roomba is planning to sell that data!
        Not sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
          Bob:

The log never shows it changing status to 'On Base' - and unfortunately I restarted the plugin last night so I don't know what it was showing for status before I restarted it. The log does show that the bin was cleaned out (when wife came home) and the status went from 'Bin missing' back to 'Ready'. I did check the Log over the past several days, and I do see a few instances of the status changing to blank - and even before the firmware update to 2.2.4-11.

Paul
          Mine is also running 2.2.4-11 and it went back to the base last night and the status shows correctly. Are you using the root device status to determine on base. On base should change to a value of 0
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Bob:

I'm pretty sure I am using the root device (device named BLRoombaWifi Roomba) status. Of course the events use the status name/alias rather than the actual numeric value.

Regards,
            Paul

Comment

I just setup an event here to see if it fires the next time Sonny does his cleaning
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Bob:

It happened again yesterday - the root state changed to "blank" when Ricky completed his work. I happened to check my system a few minutes after that and indeed the root system was showing blank as the status. Unfortunately by the time I thought of checking what the actual numeric value was, it had changed.

The only thing that I can say that has been different recently (other than the update in Roomba firmware) has been that Ricky has been kicked off to start a job manually - by pressing the button on his top (head?).

BBB

Comment

I wonder if it has to do with a manual run because mine is scheduled and so far both times it has returned back to base and the event triggered.

Try and capture it in a debug log if you can and attach it zipped so I can see it.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Bob:

I ran a quick manual cleaning job, with Debug Logging turned on. I'm not sure if I did that correctly - the HS log says it was enabled, but I don't see any different information than I normally do. Am I supposed to a have "Log Roomba Messages to HomeSeer Log" enabled? Anyway, the log entries I got are attached in a ZIP file.

BBB
                    Attached Files

Comment

There should be a BLRoombaWifi-Detailed.log file in your HS3 root folder
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Bob:

Well that's a big DUH on my part! I've attached the detailed log.

BLRoombaWifi-Detailed.zip

Regards,
                        Paul

Comment

So yours never changes to "On Base"?
                          When you see this in the log it should be on the base

Aug-27 5:38:19 PM BLRoombaWifi Roomba: Ricky is on the base and charging

All week mine has triggered my event when back "On Base"

I will have to check into this one.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Blade:

The other residents of the house returned to school(s) today, so Ricky the Roomba was started automatically by HS, rather than manually -- and everything worked as expected. Here's the "regular" log of all the activity, including all the associated events (showing they executed as expected).

Code:
                            Aug-30 8:30:31 AM	 	BLRoombaWifi	Roomba: Ricky - status changed to Ready
                            Aug-30 8:30:25 AM	 	BLRoombaWifi	Roomba: Ricky - status changed to
                            Aug-30 8:15:19 AM	 	BLRoombaWifi	Roomba: Ricky - audio status changed to No
                            Aug-30 8:15:17 AM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Node 27 Z-Wave Entry Hallway Lights Set to 0
                            Aug-30 8:15:16 AM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Family Room Upper Recessed Set to 0
                            Aug-30 8:15:16 AM	 	BLRoombaWifi	Roomba: Ricky - audio status changed to Yes
                            Aug-30 8:15:16 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Virtual Status Device LightStatus4 to Off (0)
                            Aug-30 8:15:16 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Virtual Status Device LightStatus3 to Off (0)
                            Aug-30 8:15:16 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Node 27 Z-Wave Entry Hallway Lights to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                            Aug-30 8:15:16 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Virtual Status Device LightStatus2 to Off (0)
                            Aug-30 8:15:16 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Virtual Status Device LightStatus1 to Off (0)
                            Aug-30 8:15:16 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Family Room Upper Recessed to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                            Aug-30 8:15:16 AM	 	Event	Event Trigger "Robots Roomba - Main Floor - Hallway Lighting OFF"
                            Aug-30 8:15:16 AM	 	Event	Event Trigger "Robots Roomba - Main Floor - Family Room Lighting OFF"
                            Aug-30 8:15:16 AM	 	BLRoombaWifi	Roomba: Ricky is on the base and charging
                            Aug-30 8:14:43 AM	 	BLRoombaWifi	Roomba: Ricky is returning to base after cleaning cycle
                            Aug-30 7:44:07 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Virtual Status Device LightStatus4 to Dim 50% (50) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                            Aug-30 7:44:05 AM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Node 27 Z-Wave Entry Hallway Lights Set to 50
                            Aug-30 7:44:05 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Node 27 Z-Wave Entry Hallway Lights to Dim 50% (50)
                            Aug-30 7:44:05 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Virtual Status Device LightStatus3 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                            Aug-30 7:24:14 AM	 	BLRoombaWifi	Roomba: Ricky - audio status changed to No
                            Aug-30 7:24:08 AM	 	BLRoombaWifi	Roomba: Ricky - audio status changed to Yes
                            Aug-30 7:24:07 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Virtual Status Device LightStatus2 to Dim 30% (30) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                            Aug-30 7:24:05 AM	 	email	Email successfully sent to plinton@rcn.com
                            Aug-30 7:24:05 AM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Family Room Upper Recessed Set to 30
                            Aug-30 7:24:05 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Family Room Upper Recessed to Dim 30% (30)
                            Aug-30 7:24:05 AM	 	Event	Event Trigger "Robots Roomba - Main Floor - Notification"
                            Aug-30 7:24:05 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Virtual Status Device LightStatus1 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                            Aug-30 7:24:05 AM	 	Event	Event Trigger "Robots Roomba - Main Floor - Hallway Lighting ON"
                            Aug-30 7:24:05 AM	 	Event	Event Trigger "Robots Roomba - Main Floor - Family Room Lighting ON"
                            Aug-30 7:24:05 AM	 	BLRoombaWifi	Roomba: Ricky has started cleaning
                            Aug-30 7:24:05 AM	 	Event	Event Trigger "Robots Roomba Cleaning Interval Timer"
                            So, more evidence that something "funky" happens when you press da' CLEAN button on the Roomba.

Regards,
                            BBB

Comment

That is odd why manually starting it would act differently.
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X