Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 average CPU use rises when I use BLRoombaWifi

Bob,

I have added your plugin BLRoombaWifi to my system. Before that average CPU usage was around 10% on the 1,86 Ghz CPU. I have started the plugin, added the Roomba and had to restart it to get the devices for the Roomba.

Since then the average CPU has risen to 21%. I am here still using 3.0.0.357, which has been stable on me for quite some time now.
    If I disable your plugin, the avarage CPU of HS3 goes down immediatly. It is like the plugin is checking every device change in HSEvent, not only his own? I had a similar situation in my own plugin, so that is why I am asking?

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

I just rolled back to .357 as well so I will take a look at the code and see if I can reduce the CPU usage. Do you see the CPU usage drop at all or is it constant?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I have a 128GB / Dual Xeon / SSD server that the BLRoombaWifi plugin uses around 10% as well.

Let me know if you want any troubleshooting help...

Comment

I will see what I can do
        I likely do not notice it too much as I have a core i7 running HS3
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

No problem, I keep my system low and energy friendly... 5Watts usage only here. But then the CPU speed becomes a sensitive item. I can test also here as I am still playing with the roomba ofcourse

Although it already works nice with geolocation... starting when I am away and canceling clean when I come back.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I really got to get geolocation working at my house - it is just finding the time
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
              I just rolled back to .357 as well so I will take a look at the code and see if I can reduce the CPU usage. Do you see the CPU usage drop at all or is it constant?
              Sorry, missed answering your question here. The CPU is almost constant, where 20% is minimum when the plugin is active, with some spikes, which should be normal. When I disable the plugin, CPU fluctuates between 6% and 14% plus the similar spikes.

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                I really got to get geolocation working at my house - it is just finding the time
                I love it.... I use it for heater, lights, alarm and now vacuuming LOL
                -- Wim

Comment

Ohh! Ohh! Ohh!

You just got me thinking that I'm going to slap a proximity 'button' on my Roomba...have it trigger things as it moves around the house.

...if the BLRoomba plugin ever gets fixed???

Comment

Try the newest build and let me know if CPU is better
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

OK, So I went to your Roomba thread on the Homeseer forum and downloaded the zip, but it turns out that was an old version.

What I had was 2.0.10.0? But now I can't find it on your website either?

What version is the newest and where do I find it?

Comment

It is in the HS3 updater
                        Version 2.0.11
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Bob,

Have installed here, will let it run over night, then can tell you the result

Thanks,

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

I'm running HS3 x.x.x.365, and no matter how many times I update the updater and restart HS3 it still show .10 for your plugin...not .11???

Name Type Installed Available Cost Provider
                            BLRoombaWifi
                            Release Info Plug-in 2.0.0.0 2.0.10.0 FREE Bob Maslen (Blade)

Comment

That is odd - I restarted my web server here - try it again
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X