Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behavior when Roomba is stuck

Bob:

Something happened during my Roomba's cleaning run today that I am seeking some explanation of (even if it is "yeah, that is the way it works"). Our Roomba, Ricky, has gotten stuck a few times over the past few weeks - so I added an event to try to handle it - by stopping the cleaning run if the Roomba status goes to Stuck and stays at that for 3 minutes. So today, I was at work and got a message from the Roomba app that Ricky was stuck - and so I waited the 3 minutes for HS to stop the run -- but that never happened. When I checked HS, I saw that the "Root" device still showed "Clean" with the Ready/Not Ready status at Not Ready. I then manually stopped the cleaning job, at which time the HS Root device status changed to "Stuck". Is that the way things are supposed to work?

Regards,
    Paul

It should have changed to stuck when it happened. I will check into it.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Bob,

That sounds familiar to my issue that the status of the device does not change when the Roomba is returning home after clean.... Maybe these are related?

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I will check into it as soon as I can and see if I can notice anything.
        I will try and get my Roomba stuck and trace what is coming back from it and see if it is something that can be fixed.
        I have seen mine say it is returning home before but not all the time.
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

It would be good if you could capture this in a debug log.
          That way I can trace what the plugin is seeing from the Roomba
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Comment

Bob,

I did not have the debug trace on, but just now the Roomba got stuck as the iRobot home app reported, the event I had set on the device status change to (5) Stuck never triggered. But in the log the plugin is seeing the change:

okt-12 15:23:48 Warning File does not exist: C:\HS3\html\squeezebox
              okt-12 15:23:11 BLRoombaWifi Roomba: Robbie - error - Move Roomba to a new location then press CLEAN to restart. The cliff sensors are dirty, it is hanging over a drop, or it is stuck on a dark surface.
              okt-12 15:23:11 BLRoombaWifi Roomba: Robbie - status changed to Near a cliff

Do you set the devicevalue without the true parameter maybe (true to trigger events when status changes)?

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Bob:

I have debug tracing turned on, but of course now it doesn't get stuck...
                I'll continue to monitor for recreation of the conditions.

Regards,
                Paul

Comment

Of course that is the way - if you capture it let me know
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

TO stick or not to Stick

So by engineering logic....

If I post here my roomba will simply quit sticking....

Blade you are awesome....

Sorry was just reading this post back to October and no more issues surfaced..... Couldn't resist the humor

Devoir

Comment

Blade:

"Ricky" did get stuck on Jan 10, and I have snipped out the records from the detailed debug log into a ZIPped text file; however, the 3.48 MB ZIP file will not successfully upload to the forum. I don't know what I am doing wrong, as the small file upload window says the upload limit for ZIP files is 9.54 MB. Is there another way to get the file to you?

P.S. : I had mistakenly left debug logging on over a few weeks - that is not a good thing! The detailed log file had grown to 28.5 GB!

Regards,
                      BBB

Comment

Log a help desk ticket on my site and then attach it zipped
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

There is no drop-down for the BLRoombaWiFi plug-in so it won't let me enter the ticket.

BBB

Comment

OK I will add one - give me a few
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Ok I added it
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X